Aerosoft Aircraft: CRJ

Hans Hartmann

3 hours ago, simone guanziroli said:

Hi guys,

just a particular question about CRJ.
Will the "overspeed" alarm be able to turn it off as on A320 or will it always be active as on CJ4?

The overspeed clacker can not be muted irl. Believe that should answer your question enough :) 

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Jaden Cuffy said:

Huge formation low pass over Paderborn and Aerosoft...

I like the sound of that

4 hours ago, Mathijs Kok said:

The one to organizes that gets free shopping...

Whoever feels called to organize it, this is the place to post it:  https://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?/forum/1076-community-flights/  And then let's all get the word out! Looks like we have nice number of liveries available then as well!

2 minutes ago, JayG said:

Whoever feels called to organize it, this is the place to post it:  https://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?/forum/1076-community-flights/  And then let's all get the word out! Looks like we have nice number of liveries available then as well!

Been thinking about how this could be feasible for quite a good chunk of the day. Use Vatsim or multiplayer + discord? Private session? Model matching? Instancing limits? Angles? A short video of a flyover, or a trailer type video, ending with the EDLP flyover. Would love to organize something like that but it's all new to me so a lot to consider.

I can kind of see a clip of the camera panning around the interior of EDLP then switching to the AS building, focused on the logo, then panning up keeping the AS building & logo in frame then the crj's fly into the frame in formation. Then some sort of wide shot of the whole thing, showing the full airport?

2 hours ago, Jaden Cuffy said:

I can kind of see a clip of the camera panning around the interior of EDLP then switching to the AS building, focused on the logo, then panning up keeping the AS building & logo in frame then the crj's fly into the frame in formation. Then some sort of wide shot of the whole thing, showing the full airport?

Can't edit the last post after awhile. I tried something, just pretend there's 10 more a320's, or crj's as would be, in a V formation...

Microsoft Flight Simulator Screenshot 2021.03.10 - 21.56.16.95.png

Microsoft Flight Simulator Screenshot 2021.03.10 - 22.00.35.49.png

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jaden Cuffy said:

Been thinking about how this could be feasible for quite a good chunk of the day. Use Vatsim or multiplayer + discord? Private session? Model matching? Instancing limits? Angles? A short video of a flyover, or a trailer type video, ending with the EDLP flyover. Would love to organize something like that but it's all new to me so a lot to consider.

"Use Vatsim or multiplayer + discord?"  -> One thing to keep in mind... I know discord is our typical goto place for things like this. That's where the streamers are, as well as some our favorite mod dev teams such as FBW, WT etc. However, Aerosoft has the 'luxury' of their own site as well as this forum. That's how they reach and engage with their community. And for the record, I am not in any way shape or form associated with Aerosoft. Not sure whether you noticed but there are not a lot of Aerosoft discord servers out there. In fact one of them is setup by me and the only thing it does is point back to the Aerosoft forum. So if we want to keep engaging and interacting with Aerosoft folks, we need to do it here on the forum. Not sure about you, but I definitely want them to be part of any CRJ community. So after discussing our ideas to setup a CRJ community directly with Aerosoft, they recommended we would not do that on discord but on the Club section of this forum. That's what we ended up doing and you can find it here: https://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?/clubs/17-the-crj-community/. It has been growing steadily since we started it a couple of days ago, and would love to see folks here join. You will recognize some of the Aerosoft staff names that have already become member of that community. It is managed by and for the community and we are getting all the support from Aerosoft. Hope to see you there!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, JayG said:

"Use Vatsim or multiplayer + discord?"  -> One thing to keep in mind... I know discord is our typical goto place for things like this. That's where the streamers are, as well as some our favorite mod dev teams such as FBW, WT etc. However, Aerosoft has the 'luxury' of their own site as well as this forum. That's how they reach and engage with their community. And for the record, I am not in any way shape or form associated with Aerosoft. Not sure whether you noticed but there are not a lot of Aerosoft discord servers out there. In fact one of them is setup by me and the only thing it does is point back to the Aerosoft forum. So if we want to keep engaging and interacting with Aerosoft folks, we need to do it here on the forum. Not sure about you, but I definitely want them to be part of any CRJ community. So after discussing our ideas to setup a CRJ community directly with Aerosoft, they recommended we would not do that on discord but on the Club section of this forum. That's what we ended up doing and you can find it here: https://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?/clubs/17-the-crj-community/. It has been growing steadily since we started it a couple of days ago, and would love to see folks here join. You will recognize some of the Aerosoft staff names that have already become member of that community. It is managed by and for the community and we are getting all the support from Aerosoft. Hope to see you there!

Yes I fully agree, I was only suggesting Vatsim or Discord for Voice capabilities while making something like that, keeping the correct headings, speeds, alt, and everything that will change very quickly, That's the only part that would be difficult on the forum, or with only text. Definitely wouldn't want to move any community away from the forums. Fun to think about pulling it off

2 hours ago, Edwardthepilot said:

The overspeed clacker can not be muted irl. Believe that should answer your question enough :) 

On go home leg if you ain't clackin' you're slackin'. 

But you didn't hear that from me ;)

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Jaden Cuffy said:

Yes I fully agree, I was only suggesting Vatsim or Discord for Voice capabilities while making something like that, keeping the correct headings, speeds, alt, and everything that will change very quickly, That's the only part that would be difficult on the forum, or with only text. Definitely wouldn't want to move any community away from the forums. Fun to think about pulling it off

Ah makes sense now. Yeah, real time (voice) communication during flights would be hard to pull off on a forum. Definitely open to leveraging "The Aerosoft CRJ Community" discord server for those specific situations. I.e. planning/prep on forum and comms during flights with discord voice capabilities. 

• Like 1

Is it going to be possible to fly this aircraft on Vatsim in MSFS? Isn’t there something wrong with the TCAS in the default aircraft and this is obviously a big part of Vatsim. Does this affect the CRJ? Sorry if this is a unnecessary question.

38 minutes ago, Ccurrie5 said:

Is it going to be possible to fly this aircraft on Vatsim in MSFS? Isn’t there something wrong with the TCAS in the default aircraft and this is obviously a big part of Vatsim. Does this affect the CRJ? Sorry if this is a unnecessary question.

The current implementation of SimConnect in MSFS doesn't seem to send the necessary data to provide TCAS for injected models. 

Although in all honesty I don't think no TCAS is a deal breaker for flying on vatsim I've racked up many hours on there now and there was only one time where TCAS might've been useful, but in lieu of working TCAS I just have a live vatsim map open and keep an eye on anyone I see

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Ccurrie5 said:

TCAS isn't a requirement to fly (at least in the U.S.). Controllers don't treat you any differently with or without the system. Just use your Mk.I eyeballs as always. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Ccurrie5 said:

Mathijs confirmed CRJ has working TCAS on Vatsim.

here: 

2 hours ago, bLindye said:

Mathijs confirmed CRJ has working TCAS on Vatsim

Hahaha, better tutn that of in the formation flying. That'd be constant. 

Climb! Climb! Climb! 

Descend! Descend! Descend! 

• Root Admin
17 minutes ago, Rudy Fattal said:

When the CRJ is released next week is it possible to download to any location on the computer or a SSD drive and then use a link to the Community folder?

Sure, you simply download the installer file and then move that to your sim system

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Thanks Mathijis. What I meant was can the actual installed folder be outside the community folder with a simbolic link in the community folder i.e. a link pointing to where the actual folder is.

• Root Admin
5 minutes ago, Rudy Fattal said:

Thanks Mathijis. What I meant was can the actual installed folder be outside the community folder with a simbolic link in the community folder i.e. a link pointing to where the actual folder is.

I have no idea....

vor 18 Minuten, Rudy Fattal sagte:

It's possible with other mods, so i assume it should work for the CRJ too.

• Upvote 1

• Aerosoft
39 minutes ago, Rudy Fattal said:

Symbolic links are a standard Windows feature and of course they work with the CRJ as well.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Citation X said:

I just hope Aerosoft upgraded their servers and it won't overload during release.

Good question, I was wondering the same. I think this going to be one of the biggest single product releases in the history of flight sims. Probably along the lines of the PMDG NGX release for FSX.