Aerosoft Aircraft: CRJ

Hans Hartmann

• Root Admin
3 minutes ago, Mathijs Kok said:

No that is correct. If the sim functions are usable it is always better to use them and not do your own work.  For starters that means hardware control work without complex drivers. 

Btw, here is the english version of that interview from last week.
https://www.simflight.com/2021/03/05/the-first-big-bird-from-aerosoft-soon-in-msfs-interview-with-mathijs-kok/

• Like 1

• Root Admin

As the contest to guess the release date fell flat on it's face, let's do another one.

The three entrees that come closest to the actual time we sell the first copy in our store get a free copy.

Enter your guestimates here: https://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?/topic/160283-release-contest/

Only add a time, in GMT/Zulu, nothing more. I will contact the winners right after release so if you do not get a mail, you lost!

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, Mathijs Kok said:

As the contest to guess the release date fell flat on it's face, let's do another one.

The three entrees that come closest to the actual time we sell the first copy in our store get a free copy.

Enter your guestimates here: https://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?/topic/160283-release-contest/

Only add a time, in GMT/Zulu, nothing more. I will contact the winners right after release so if you do not get a mail, you lost!

Now I see why you didn't release a time now haha

• Like 1

@Mathijs Kok

any hint on release TIME on the 16th ?

Want to take a day off ( Netherlands ) but if release is at 19.00 it is a waste to take my day off.

then i probably need to to the Wednesday of due to lack of sleep 😬

• Like 1

vor 7 Minuten, DGH sagte:

[... ] any hint on release TIME on the 16th ? [...]

Well I guess with the new contest there wont be a hint for the release time :D Just to remember:

vor 16 Minuten, Mathijs Kok sagte:

LOL ... I did not pay attention to any contest .... 🙂 

Hmmmmm ... so will not take a day off then 😞 

BUT ... if its Tuesday between 00.00 and lets say 15.00 there is a lot to guess anyway ... so that hint will be welcome 😛 

• Root Admin
2 minutes ago, DGH said:

LOL ... I did not pay attention to any contest .... 🙂 

Hmmmmm ... so will not take a day off then 😞 

BUT ... if its Tuesday between 00.00 and lets say 15.00 there is a lot to guess anyway ... so that hint will be welcome 😛 

Well not when we sleep.... As if...

• Deputy Sheriffs
5 minutes ago, Mathijs Kok said:

Well not when we sleep.... As if...

Do you include Hans also in "we"? That would extend the sleeping part of Tuesday by a factor of 2.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Mathijs Kok said:

Not quite true, I guessed it 2 weeks ago.

• Downvote 4

Mathjis, as far as I understand it now, updates for the product will be done in two ways?

- For copies you sell, via the Aerosoft updater.

- For copies sold via the MS Stor, via the MS Store

I am told copies sold via the MS Store can not be updated by the developer directly? If so you do have any idea how long MS will take to handle the updates done?

I am asking because  I am pretty sure this will be the most complex add-on sold so far and with complexity come buggies and issues. Now Aerosoft have always said that an update on your system means nothing and that you would push it out as soon as possible. I just like to be sure that this also happens to the MS Store version.

• Root Admin
3 minutes ago, CRJForEver said:

Mathjis, as far as I understand it now, updates for the product will be done in two ways?

I am told copies sold via the MS Store can not be updated by the developer directly? If so you do have any idea how long MS will take to handle the updates done?

Correct. I do not know what the current update frequency of the MS Store is however.  But they are two different paths (to be clear, those two paths are MS Store/Steam and the other sales channels like our shop, SimMarket etc etc). 

We can assure you however that the moment we push an update it is to the Aerosoft Updater AND the MS Store.  When  we got something to update we want it on all systems as fast as possible.

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, CRJForEver said:

I am asking because  I am pretty sure this will be the most complex add-on sold so far and with complexity come buggies and issues. Now Aerosoft have always said that an update on your system means nothing and that you would push it out as soon as possible. I just like to be sure that this also happens to the MS Store version.

The Marketplace has been absolutely awful with updates. I waited a month for an LVFR update that dropped in early December. They have gotten better with recent updates this year, but they still are unacceptably slow. I would highly discourage anyone from buying from the Marketplace--if there is an update required to fix a bug, you will most likely end up being grounded while others fly. Also, Content Manager is unreliable and difficult to work with; you may find yourself having difficulties downloading. Finally, there is no real support and if something goes wrong they have your money. All in all, the Marketplace should be avoided until it becomes far more customer friendly.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

14 minutes ago, Caterpillar said:

Would all participants in such a fly past see a sky-full of CRJs or would they just see their own CRJ and the other players as an Asobo default multiplayer airframe?

I don't fly MP but I understand that if everyone has the same type of A/C in their library, it will show up correctly, so I'd assume we'd all have CRJs.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, simone guanziroli said:

Hi guys,

just a particular question about CRJ.
Will the "overspeed" alarm be able to turn it off as on A320 or will it always be active as on CJ4?

From manual vol5_Aircraft Operating Manual Part 2

In the following cases the aural warning may not be muted:

• Stall warbler

• Stabilizer trim clacker

• GPWS/TCAS (voices and aural)

• AP Disconnect cavalry charge

• Overspeed clacker

• Configuration warnings

• Flap clacker

• Gear Horn

I guess we'll just need to use the speed brakes and throttle levers  :)

• Thanks 1