Aerosoft Aircraft: CRJ

Hans Hartmann

1 hour ago, Jaden Cuffy said:

Concerned with the performance again, after the update seems like I lost 20 - 30 across the board, sitting at AS TNCB pulling 35, compared to last night it was easily 50+. Places like EDDF went from 40 to 20, dipping to 15 or lower at times (not exactly ideal). I was anticipating a 5-10 fps loss with the CRJ compared to a32nx which was something I can live with but I'm not sure now after the loss from the update. Hopefully this will sort itself out quickly. Anyone else got a performance loss?

Yes I lost around 15fps I'm using a rtx 3080

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jaden Cuffy said:

Concerned with the performance again, after the update seems like I lost 20 - 30 across the board, sitting at AS TNCB pulling 35, compared to last night it was easily 50+. Places like EDDF went from 40 to 20, dipping to 15 or lower at times (not exactly ideal). I was anticipating a 5-10 fps loss with the CRJ compared to a32nx which was something I can live with but I'm not sure now after the loss from the update. Hopefully this will sort itself out quickly. Anyone else got a performance loss?

me too... I have low fps today after update and I have 3090..... :( 

There's something not right since the update, ever since the WU3 i would see drops from my normal 40-55fps drop suddenly to 14 -20fps... even at 39k. Since todays release, that is now as low as 3fps. This is on a system that matches MS higher end requirements.

• Like 3

40 minutes ago, Der Merowinger said:

Is there a reason posting this in the CRJ-thread?

Yes, so folk are aware. There's a number already reporting the issue over on MSFS forum, and if the default A320 cannot muster more than 3fps at 39k it does not bode well imo. MS need to get their act together.

49 minutes ago, Der Merowinger said:

Is there a reason posting this in the CRJ-thread?

Because people have always talked about performance and it's important to have the head room for 3rd party addons(CRJ)?

• Like 2

4 hours ago, riskas123 said:

Oh, you too? I rather publicaly stated that I'd make the IBEX livery like... The day it was requested on page 25 or something of this thread. 

Ok, scratch that. I searched and found that you were the one that (requested?) it. And I didn't offer to make it until the 24th of january when you had allready made a few posts asking about it. 

I've got some other requested liveries though, so you can do the IBEX one if you'd like. Let's just talk to each other so we don't make any duplicate liveries, is that a deal? 

There's a livery thread in the CRJ club, I'd recommend going there to tell people what you're gonna make, get requests and upload your work. 

This is the link to the livery thread in the CRJ Club: https://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?/forum/1080-liveries/. I will make a new post there that includes the liveries called out above.

vor 1 hour , Jaden Cuffy sagte:

Because people have always talked about performance and it's important to have the head room for 3rd party addons(CRJ)?

Let's see if the CRJ will be affected by this; maybe only some users have this problem, caused by some addons in their community-folder e.g. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 5
  • Downvote 4

vor 8 Stunden , Jaden Cuffy sagte:

Hmm most people report that the performance slightly improved. I also get a few fps more and less stutters.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 4

Performance straight after an update is likely to be impacted by the load on the servers, from loads of people continuing to download said update.  The impact can be seen on the forums and the need for the sim to download scenery is going to slow it down, potentially significantly.

Maybe later today or even tomorrow, when the dust has settled, would be a better time to start assessing the performance impact of the update.

• Upvote 3

29 minutes ago, Caterpillar said:

Performance straight after an update is likely to be impacted by the load on the servers, from loads of people continuing to download said update.  The impact can be seen on the forums and the need for the sim to download scenery is going to slow it down, potentially significantly.

Maybe later today or even tomorrow, when the dust has settled, would be a better time to start assessing the performance impact of the update.

There was and still is performance impacts from WU3. So not related to server issues. But what the reason is we still dont know (check the flight simulator forums for more info) 

• Like 1
  • Downvote 1

5 hours ago, Der Merowinger said:

Let's see if the CRJ will be affected by this; maybe only some users have this problem, caused by some addons in their community-folder e.g. 

I fly with nothing other than the addons (all Payware required for that particular flight, via an addon linker) guess that clears that one up

7 hours ago, Car147 said:

Yes, so folk are aware. There's a number already reporting the issue over on MSFS forum, and if the default A320 cannot muster more than 3fps at 39k it does not bode well imo. MS need to get their act together.

This is not an MS support forum, this is a preview forum.  Some ppl have performance issues post MS updates, some do not, I agree this is not the place for base performance with the sim; there are numerous other places for that.

• Like 4
  • Upvote 5
  • Downvote 2

• Root Admin
12 hours ago, EasternT3 said:

Mathijs did an article on a flight sim website a couple of weeks and he said there's 8/9 liveries on launch.

Sorry but that list will have to wait till next Tuesday. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Mathijs Kok said:

Sorry but that list will have to wait till next Tuesday. 

Yeah no problem, I was more just quoting the article you did with @Abriael and speculating based off what we have seen so far in the forum

1 hour ago, The Dude said:

I just flew the tutorial flight with the latest update and I have no performance penalties since the update from yesterday. Could we please drop the performance related posts here in the preview forum? Thanks!

Understood and sorry if i offended, but sadly where i was looking forward to the CRJ release, it would be foolish of me to contemplate purchasing it at this point.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 12

1 hour ago, Car147 said:

Understood and sorry if i offended, but sadly where i was looking forward to the CRJ release, it would be foolish of me to contemplate purchasing it at this point.

You have not offended. All we are saying is -- this is NOT the place to troubleshoot your issues with MSFS.  I'm sure your issues are real but why relate them to a future purchase decision ? Seek help where you are most likely to get it. 

After the update, I lost my entire cockpit in the CJ4.  After learning no one else had the same issue, I began researching different forums and discovered on a discord channel the "Copilot MOD" from flightsim.to was the cause. 

Aerosoft has confirmed the CRJ  RC is compatible with all MSFS updates. This is the ONLY concern we need here.  I wish you luck in resolving your current issues.  I can assure you there is a fix, just keep digging a little deeper. 

• Like 10
  • Upvote 3

Just did my simupdate and the perfromance is, no surprising, equal or even slightly better and smoother than before. I use the FBW A320 Mod and a lot of scenery addons, linked in via addonlinker. So there should be no problem with the CRJ.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3
  • Downvote 5

On 3/8/2021 at 11:52 AM, Mathijs Kok said:

We are still tweaking the manuals a bit, but as I promised to deliver them a week before release, here they are:

On time and thorough documentation... this is better than I tend to get at the day job, doing professional simulation work! Much appreciated.

• Root Admin
7 minutes ago, Matthijs88 said:

Where in the beginning MSFS excelled in smoothness and great performance, I now see a significant impact on the FPS (with stutters) after the latest updates. And I'm not alone in this when I check out the MSFS forum. Hopefully the impact on the CRJ is not too bad, but I'm not so sure at the moment. Let's hope for the best.

Gents, lets not have this conversation here.

• Thanks 5

• Root Admin
6 minutes ago, jerseytom said:

On time and thorough documentation... this is better than I tend to get at the day job, doing professional simulation work! Much appreciated.

Well, I seen a lot of professional aviation documentation that were horrible (do not ask Hans to comment on that) so it is a small victory, but still appreciated! Thanks.

Flightsimmers are nice people.... This morning Vanessa called me to say she received a box of chocolates from a customer to thank us for the work done on the CRJ.  Now I am 1250 Km from the chocolates so she can eat them but she promised to think of Hans, Stefan, Alexander etc while she does so. 

• Like 13

@Mathijs Kok I saw this interview here https://www.simflight.de/der-erste-grosse-vogel-von-aerosoft-bald-im-msfs-interview-mit-mathijs-kok/. I am confused about this part:

Der Autopilot ist größtenteils selbst entwickelt, greift aber für manche Funktionen auf den Standard-Autopiloten zurück, da dieser bereits sehr gute Implementationen, z.B. von Heading Hold, bietet. 

So it means the autopilot is not 100% custom? Or you meant something else here? 

Thanks

• Root Admin
21 minutes ago, Omar Al-Safi said:

@Mathijs Kok I saw this interview here https://www.simflight.de/der-erste-grosse-vogel-von-aerosoft-bald-im-msfs-interview-mit-mathijs-kok/. I am confused about this part:

So it means the autopilot is not 100% custom? Or you meant something else here? 

No that is correct. If the sim functions are usable it is always better to use them and not do your own work.  For starters that means hardware control work without complex drivers. 

• Like 4