Aerosoft Aircraft: CRJ

Hans Hartmann

• Root Admin
29 minutes ago, Omar Al-Safi said:

Holy moly!! This is really new level of details :D. 

Yep....  We keep telling everybody, MFS uses a fully modern game and graphics engine and we have not even started to scratch the surface right now. We just need the tools and the information to unlock all the good stuff and those are being expanded every single day.  The animations that are possible are incredible, Wwise for sounds is pretty complex but it is what every triple A game uses (and moving around the CRJ really sounds a lot better then in P3D, very smooth pan between sounds, with hardly any CPU work), on and on.

2021 will be an amazing year for flight sim. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 9

• Root Admin
14 minutes ago, PRO-PILOT said:

based on how thing are currently looking, when can we roughly  expect the release

Simply can't say. We still need some help from Asobo. 

To be honest, even if we knew we would not say, lol.

Just take it from me, evening and weekends are just work time. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

4 minutes ago, Surfwarrior said:

Hello, the aircraft looks absolutely stunning! 
Will there be a working weather radar that is accurate unlike default aircraft? 

Yes, it says earlier in the thread, don't know excactly where but I remember Reading it. 

• Thanks 1

• Root Admin
22 minutes ago, Surfwarrior said:

Hello, the aircraft looks absolutely stunning! 
Will there be a working weather radar that is accurate unlike default aircraft? 

At this moment not possible. But the data is there and as soon as get the information it will be added.  

• Thanks 1

vor 55 Minuten, Mathijs Kok sagte:

Simply can't say. We still need some help from Asobo. 

To be honest, even if we knew we would not say, lol.

Just take it from me, evening and weekends are just work time. 

Can you please tell us which points need to be fixed by Asobo?
As you said 2021 will be an amazing year for flight sim, when Asobo adds more features to the SDK. I really hope to see improved flight dynamics.

As with everyone, I'm beyond excited for this release! Everything looks and sounds amazing. You mentioned adding features as the SDK allows over time, one question I'm not sure I've seen yet is, how long do you plan on providing updates to the CRJ once released? 

Here almost daily reading your updates, thank you for the frequent updates to all of us waiting impatiently! 

The fact that there is "

3 hours ago, Mathijs Kok said:

Yep....  We keep telling everybody, MFS uses a fully modern game and graphics engine and we have not even started to scratch the surface right now. We just need the tools and the information to unlock all the good stuff and those are being expanded every single day.  The animations that are possible are incredible, Wwise for sounds is pretty complex but it is what every triple A game uses (and moving around the CRJ really sounds a lot better then in P3D, very smooth pan between sounds, with hardly any CPU work), on and on.

2021 will be an amazing year for flight sim. 

The fact that you haven't even began to "scratch the surface" with this sim is mind blowing to me, the details previewed of this aircraft are insane, Flight sim has a bright road ahead and im looking forward to every minute of it! Great work Aerosoft!!!!!

• Like 1

• Root Admin
10 minutes ago, JustinRR said:

As with everyone, I'm beyond excited for this release! Everything looks and sounds amazing. You mentioned adding features as the SDK allows over time, one question I'm not sure I've seen yet is, how long do you plan on providing updates to the CRJ once released? 

A complex question. See, before MFS we were dealing with versions of the sim. FS2004, FSX, P3D V4, P3D V5 etc. Just as with Windows 10 it looks like MFS is the same name for a long time.  So where we could say we would guarantee updates for a whole simulator generation this might no longer be an option. 

So I can't answer this. What I can say is that we have a very good reputation in this. Our average flight sim customer bought 7 products from us (!). Pissing of customers is simply bad for our business as we always have more products to sell and they follow upon each other fast.  On average we have a new release every 10 days. 

• Like 1

Just now, HugoTro said:

Hello, will popular streamers will get a before release version like 1 week before release? As with MSFS release, I think it helps catching bugs and try hot fixes before release 

I rather prefer serious testers than those screaming streamers, but might be a generation issue on my side :)

• Like 7
  • Upvote 2

As Mathijs told us that they currently have more issues with the sim itself than with the SDK, I think to whole release date discussion depends on the upcomming Sim Update on December 22. Microsoft switched to a monthly update cycle so that they and the 3rd parties have more time for testing/adjusting their products. Only if Asobo can fix/adjust/implement everything needed for the CRJ features Aerosoft is currently planning for the initial release than the CRJ will be published this year. But on the other hand if the time runs faster than the devs can code and the internal deadline day for the upcoming December build of MSFS is reached, well than the CRJ will hit our fleets in 2021. 

But Mathijs please correct me if i'm wrong :)

vor 9 Minuten, HugoTro sagte:

Hello, will popular streamers will get a before release version like 1 week before release? As with MSFS release, I think it helps catching bugs and try hot fixes before release 

There is a beta group with real world pilots that test the CRJ and I think the problem is the time. Maybe the CRJ wont be ready one week before release. I think that will be a shorly made decision.

• Root Admin
23 minutes ago, HugoTro said:

That is the plan, but plans at this moment are very flexible. Fluid even.

• Root Admin
40 minutes ago, Wuper said:

I know you touched sounds briefly, saying you use WWise, however i’m curious as to if the sounds will be realistic off the bat, or will there be expansions that people create to make them more realistic.

Thank-you.

Again a very hard question.  See, what do you base your experience of realisme on?  How many hours do you have in a CRJ cockpit or walking around a CRJ with engines running? In sounds we have learned the hard way that realism means nothing.  It is totally what the customer expects to hear.

Three examples:

• When we did the F-16 we actually had a recording from INSIDE the headset of the pilot. Totally realistic. But customers could not hear the engine (duh...) so we put an external sound as the cockpit sound and it got very good reviews.  Even though it was totally wrong, even without headset (never happens) it would not sounds like that. But it matched what customers expected.
  • When we released the Huey we had a very very good sound set.  PIlots told us that that was how it should sound with headset off. But customers said it was totally wrong as it did not do whoop-whoop-whoop.  Yes, that is indeed how helicopters sound in Vietnam movies.  Twin rotors indeed sound a bit like that, but the real sound is rather nasty so Coppola and other directors made it sound different and that is how helicopters have sounded like since in almost every movie. So we added whoop whoop and customers were happy.
  • We did the Seahawk helicopter that does not sound a bit like whoop whoop (it does not even have the same number of rotor blades!) and customer said our sounds were horrible, so we added a lot of whoop whoop and everybody was happy.  So basically every helicopter you now buy sound like a non existing Huey from Apocalypse Now.

So unless somebody has actual recording (not from a smartphone) from the flight desk or from as location close to the aircraft on the ground that shows our sounds are off, we believe this is what works best.  It will be a bit 'thick' and  a tad over done but that is what every sound set for add-ons has been for close to a decade.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 5

• Root Admin
17 minutes ago, Abriael said:

Do you plan on letting ol' traditional written media get their hands on it? Asking for a friend haha 😂

Absolutely. Drop Vanessa a mail at Vanessa Quandt <Vanessa.Quandt@aerosoft.de>. She handles marketing for these things. 

• Upvote 1

59 minutes ago, Mathijs Kok said:

Again a very hard question.  See, what do you base your experience of realisme on?  How many hours do you have in a CRJ cockpit or walking aroun(...)

I love posts like these. They’re always insightful and show a different side to add-on development that we almost never see. Plus, just goes to show the attention to detail and quality that a studio like Aerosoft always goes to.

Please never stop making these kinds of comments; I love the fact that I learn something new every time.