Aerosoft Aircraft: CRJ

Hans Hartmann

• Root Admin
19 minutes ago, simone guanziroli said:

Hi guys,

I have been following this forum for a long time and I'm looking forward to the release of the CRJ, it really looks like a very good product very valid for FS2020. and I would like to congratulate Mathijs for all the info and answers!!

maybe I missed some message but could someone tell me if the TOD will be visible in the FMS?
And profile vnav descending?

The video that covers that will be online soon.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Upvote 2

I was wondering if someone could clarify how the inputting of the flight plan will work. I understand the CRJ will require manually putting the plan into the FMS, but how will that interact with the default MFS flight planning system. Should we still create a flight plan through MFS? Should we just use an external tool to make the flight plan and ignore the MFS default planning system? A combination of both? What's the recommended method of setting up a flight plan going to be the new CRJ?聽

• Deputy Sheriffs
4 hours ago, Caterpillar said:

So the absolute speed at which the wing generates enough lift to get off the ground, is affected by runway conditions?聽聽

If that is the case, then i stand corrected.

It's not that easy. There are usually no fixed V1, Vr and V2 speeds, there is always a range of speeds from which to select.
If you choose a lower V1 you can also choose a lower Vr since, amonst other limits, Vr can be limited by V1.
Now a lower V1 will mean that if an engine fails exactly at V1 (keep in mind we always calculate with the worst case scenario) your aircraft has less lift than if you had a higher V1. Thus it will adchieve a worse angle in the climbout.
If you choose a very low V1 but very high V2 your single engine performance will be very limiting, therefore selecting a lower V2 may increase your climb limited weights.

The whole topic is really a lot more complex, if you're interested into it run a google search and you'll find a LOT of topics about it.

In short: There is no simple answer to your statement/question. Every operator descides on their favorite policy and that is what they make their tables up for.

• Like 1

• Root Admin
2 minutes ago, EasternT3 said:

@Mathijs Kok聽Will there be posts this week about the release time for next Tuesday聽and聽a feature list or do we need to wait till release day?聽

Nope, no time and no list this week. But I mean, is almost not already known?

13 minutes ago, Mathijs Kok said:

We are still tweaking the manuals a bit, but as I promised to deliver them a week before release, here they are:

Vol1_Aircraft Operating Manual_Part-1.pdf 3.29 MB 路 15 downloads

Vol2_Quick Reference Guide.pdf 2.37 MB 路 10 downloads

Vol3_Tutorial.pdf 6.85 MB 路 9 downloads

Vol4_Normal Ops Checklist.pdf 181.6 kB 路 9 downloads

Vol5_Aircraft Operating Manual_Part_2.pdf 9.96 MB 路 8 downloads

Vol6_FMS.pdf 3.52 MB 路 12 downloads

If anybody sees some error, please drop me聽 message at mathijs.kok@aerosoft.com

Dang, wish I聽caught that earlier, spent a bunch of time trying to write a checklist in advance.

1 hour ago, Mathijs Kok said:

Nope, no time and no list this week. But I mean, is almost not already known?

Do you know when the streamers and content creators will receive it or not?

3 hours ago, Mathijs Kok said:

We are still tweaking the manuals a bit, but as I promised to deliver them a week before release, here they are:

Vol1_Aircraft Operating Manual_Part-1.pdf 3.29 MB 路 99 downloads

Vol2_Quick Reference Guide.pdf 2.37 MB 路 99 downloads

Vol3_Tutorial.pdf 6.85 MB 路 98 downloads

Vol4_Normal Ops Checklist.pdf 181.6 kB 路 106 downloads

Vol5_Aircraft Operating Manual_Part_2.pdf 9.96 MB 路 94 downloads

Vol6_FMS.pdf 3.52 MB 路 101 downloads

If anybody sees some error, please drop me聽 message at mathijs.kok@aerosoft.com

Thanks Mathijs!聽

We have cross posted聽these manuals in "The CRJ Community" Club聽and once updates are available we will upload them there. So you can go to one place to always have access to the latest version. You can find the manuals here:聽https://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?/files/category/130-latest-crj-manuals/

Below is a聽link to the Club / Community which is hosted on this forum. Some of our favorite folks have already joined... :). Note that initially there was an聽issue with signing up as a member but聽Aerosoft fixed that over the weekend:

• Thanks 2

• Root Admin
1 hour ago, Ccurrie5 said:

Do you know when the streamers and content creators will receive it or not?

I do. Tomorrow.

But because we are not alone in our marketing they will not be allowed to share before release.聽 They will have a week to prepare content though.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

On 3/7/2021 at 3:01 AM, The Dude said:

This is a question that can only get a highly subjective answer. I have flown the RW CRJ with the worse headset there is and with the best headset (Bose) there is. The experience between the two would make you think you were flying another aircraft.

IRL we pilots like the cockpit the best that is also the quietest. Why? Because we sit and work there for hours and hours. As already stated by others here;聽you really do not hear the engines that much IRL. They are not Merlin engines with that beautiful sound. They are not GE90s which you will hear starting up from miles away. They are also not Trent 700s that make nice howling sounds during take off. They are basically APU's ;)

What you hear onground are聽those pesky loud fans the whole time. If AS would model those realistically there would be an uproar. And inflight you mainly hear the slipstream. During one of our RW acceptance flights we "had" to kick in full rudder at FL370 to test the yawdamper. Hearing the slipstream coming from the right side of the cockpit instead of straight on was a very unsettling experience.聽

Everybody has different expectations about what a soundset should bring to the table. Did it meet all my expectations? No. Is the soundset bad? No. Is the soundset nice? Yes. There are companies that do a better job for more money and there are companies (not meaning AS here) that fall short a bit.聽

Based on your personal expectations your milage will vary.....

And trust us guys. Good lord are those display fans ever loud. I have to put them in standby聽every time I call dispatch just so that we can hear each other. The trick is remembering to turn it back on again afterwards before you get the display cool caution message.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

vor 7 Minuten, Alexander Pressley sagte:

And trust us guys. Good lord are those display fans ever loud. I have to put them in standby聽every time I call dispatch just so that we can hear each other. The trick is remembering to turn it back on again afterwards before you get the display cool caution message.

So true 馃槃

1 hour ago, Mathijs Kok said:

I do. Tomorrow.

But because we are not alone in our marketing they will not be allowed to share before release.聽 They will have a week to prepare content though.

I understand, but I admit I鈥檓 disappointed - I was really hoping for a few preview videos and such to tide聽me over.

Similar to what Just Flight are doing with their Arrow

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

11 minutes ago, Dopster198 said:

I understand, but I admit I鈥檓 disappointed - I was really hoping for a few preview videos and such to tide聽me over.

Similar to what Just Flight are doing with their Arrow

Yeah same was really hoping to see a few of the bigger streamers show casing the plane over the next week but oh well.

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, Mathijs Kok said:

I do. Tomorrow.

Excellent! Puts everyone on the starting line together, especially for this type of release!

40 minutes ago, Doering said:

Excellent! Puts everyone on the starting line together, especially for this type of release!

Eh not quite聽that, they still have are a week ahead in air time, we just wont see it. Not that bad though, just gonna keep rewatching come fly with me for now.

• Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, Jaden Cuffy said:

Eh not quite聽that, they still have are a week ahead in air time, we just wont see it. Not that bad though, just gonna keep rewatching come fly with me for now.

You will surpass them in air time by week two 馃槈

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1