Aerosoft Aircraft: CRJ

Hans Hartmann

24 minutes ago, Mathijs Kok said:

Sorry but no. 

Our checklist are based on Lufthansa standards and we'll stick to those. 

Ok no probs, just have to stick to printed checklists :) 

• CRJ Forum Moderator
3 hours ago, chikibriki said:

Very nice video! However I noticed that 2 very important features are missing in the EFB. They were previously shown in the forum. The disabling of the rendering of the displays will save a lot of fps

photo_2021-03-07 12.16.43 PM.jpeg

I believe the display disable feature is only for the P3D version of the CRJ

vor 52 Minuten, Mathijs Kok sagte:

Sorry but no. 

Our checklist are based on Lufthansa standards and we'll stick to those. 

Ok, that is interesting. I don't know exactly what "based on" means, but I fly the CRJ for this company and when I look at our checklist, I only see these.

POWER UP

COCKPIT

BEFORE START-PUSH

AFTER START

TAXI

AFTER TAKE-OFF

APPROACH

FINAL

PARKING

LEAVING

And if I cosider your "TERMINATING" checklist as our "LEAVING" checklist, the content is still a bit different.

That's why I asked, if it is possible to change them.

Do I think right, if I say that your checklists are meant to be more like a "read and do items procedure/check list"?

I mean that's ok, I think it is useful for new players, who don't want to read a couple of pages in a manual and get to the finish line anyway.

So I think, I will then use just a printed copy our checklist 🙂 

Thanks for that Info Mathijs!

1 minute ago, Razalom said:

EFB looks great but sad as a VR flyer that there is no option to charts etc. Hopefully added one day soon.

Apparently, there is something missing from the MSFS SDK that will need to be added before the EFB can be linked to external sources, like Navigraph charts or charts on another website, but it sounds like it will be added as soon as it is possible.

Alternatively, a third party might come up with some form of virtual tablet or toolbar app that allows a pilot to view charts, but if there is a tablet already fitted within the CRJ cockpit, IMHO it would be preferable to make use of that, rather than have another tablet "floating around".

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, Caterpillar said:

Apparently, there is something missing from the MSFS SDK that will need to be added before the EFB can be linked to external sources, like Navigraph charts or charts on another website, but it sounds like it will be added as soon as it is possible.

Alternatively, a third party might come up with some form of virtual tablet or toolbar app that allows a pilot to view charts, but if there is a tablet already fitted within the CRJ cockpit, IMHO it would be preferable to make use of that, rather than have another tablet "floating around".

Ahhh ok cheers for that info mate.

vor 1 hour , Caterpillar sagte:

I'm not sure but I thought MS and Asobo intend to bring charts to the base game? So I'm now wondering what will be in the sim first. The ability to access 3rd party charts or the MSFS default charts feature :D 

On 3/7/2021 at 3:41 AM, ModsWanted said:

Exactly! That's the unfortunate truth! Instead of saying "Oh?! That's how it really sounds here in the front? Interesting!" it's more like... "I was on a flight 5 years ago on this plane and it sounded totally different! They don't even get the sound right!" 😄 

Seems like I'll have to record my own sound package 🤷‍♂️

In general, I'd prefer that there was a FAQ that Aerosoft and forum members could point complainants to that told them why their assumptions are wrong. That way, more people would become properly educated instead of reinforcing wrong assumptions. Sure, not everyone will listen, we've all see plenty of times where the uneducated insist they know more than professionals. But, bending reality for that crowd just seems wrong to me. That isn't a complain about Aerosoft, they are a business so they have to tread a line that I don't, it is easier for me to have that view because I don't have to consider the same things they do.  

Another idea, fixing some misconceptions could even be the subject of very short and focused videos from The Dude (more work for you 🙂) or other pilots. That would be super fantastic! And, it wouldn't really matter the plane it was done in as long as it illustrated the point. So they are reusable for other planes. 

Talking about sound specifically, would it be possible to be able to have two mixes. One where the sounds are "crowd pleasing" and another where it is more "realistic"? I get that sound is subjective so I don't know if it is worth the effort. Just an another idea 🙂

I've suggested similar to Asobo. In their videos they have at multiple times said that they simulated some things inaccurately because some people wouldn't believe reality. Like, "we don't do realistic storm cloud weather because customers will think it is a bug". Crazy, especially for a "simulator" IMNSHO. Some of my most interesting flights were in storms in X-Plane with ActiveSky.  

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

1 hour ago, sgmoore3617 said:

Hey now that we know the release date would it be possible to tell us where the hint was for the original date? 

My earlier post, (last post on Page 175, that was my guess) for the possible hint. I'm not for sure though!

9 hours ago, Caterpillar said:

Here is a freeware app that adds a new function to the menu bar. Works 2D and VR. It may be more useful in VR as there are many current "of of sim" apps one can run on a tablet or 2nd monitor that are more powerful. With it, you can view any PDF, JPG or TEXT file that you preload. It obviously does not connect to the sim's flight plan manager but for now, it's handy.

https://www.avsim.com/forums/topic/596235-ebag-electronic-flight-bag-also-works-in-vr/

Cheers,

• Like 1

• Root Admin
11 hours ago, Caterpillar said:

Correct.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, dihedral said:

Here is a freeware app that adds a new function to the menu bar. Works 2D and VR. It may be more useful in VR as there are many current "of of sim" apps one can run on a tablet or 2nd monitor that are more powerful. With it, you can view any PDF, JPG or TEXT file that you preload. It obviously does not connect to the sim's flight plan manager but for now, it's handy.

https://www.avsim.com/forums/topic/596235-ebag-electronic-flight-bag-also-works-in-vr/

Cheers,

The Working Title CJ4 is also in the process of implementing Navigraph charts on the MFD.  They show working videos of it in action on their Discord server.  Not sure how similar that is to an implementation on the tablet in CRJ.

2 hours ago, daan_vb said:

just watching the EFB video, are the V speeds supposed to change between different runway conditions, as when @TheDudewas switching between them they stayed the same?

Out of V1. VR and V2, only V1 should be affected by the runway conditions, as that is a measure affecting the aircraft's ability to stop before the end of the runway and wet, snowy or icy conditions will make that more challenging. 

VR and V2 are governed by things like wind speed/direction, aircraft weight, flaps setting etc, but not by how much grip the runway has.

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, Caterpillar said:

Out of V1. VR and V2, only V1 should be affected by the runway conditions

Hmmm... not entirely true.

Below table is for takeoff performance in contaminated runway, looks how  all speeds, weight and thrust are affecting:

IMG_4338.PNG

• Root Admin
51 minutes ago, ual763 said:

The Working Title CJ4 is also in the process of implementing Navigraph charts on the MFD.  They show working videos of it in action on their Discord server.  Not sure how similar that is to an implementation on the tablet in CRJ.

Different add-on. We have to work in C++ (so WASM) because of the complexity. If you program your add-on in the MSFS style you can access external sources. From  WASM not yet.

• Upvote 2

19 minutes ago, Caterpillar said:

So the absolute speed

EFB, PFD and other instrument shows IAS ( indicated Aispeed ) 

So, that speed must be recalculated in Wet or contaminated runways for performance reasons.

13 minutes ago, daan_vb said:

Will we be able to get a list of sim variables so we can link things like autopilot and various knobs/buttons functions to hardware, pretty please?

In the Efb there is a throttle setup tab so I assume yes.

Hi guys,

I have been following this forum for a long time and I'm looking forward to the release of the CRJ, it really looks like a very good product very valid for FS2020. and I would like to congratulate Mathijs for all the info and answers!!

maybe I missed some message but could someone tell me if the TOD will be visible in the FMS?
And profile vnav descending?

• Like 1