Aerosoft Aircraft: CRJ

Hans Hartmann

12 minutes ago, ArcticMarkus said:

Sorry if this has been asked before, but will it be possible to disable the FA announcements? Otherwise wont it conflict with the FS2Crew addon? 

As I remember you can disable them in the EFB.

Dies ist glaube ich Euer erstes Flugzeug für den MSFS2020. Ich habe in der Vergangenheit unter FSX meine Flugpläne für Euren Airbus und andere Flugzeuge immer mit PFPX erstellt. Verfügt dieses neue Flugzeug ebenfalls über die Möglichkeit Flugpläne aus PFPX zu importieren wie ich es von früher gewöhnt bin? Im Moment ist  PFPX für mich quasi nutzlos geworden.

Kann sein, dass die Frage in den vorlaufenden 172 Seiten schon gestellt wurde, dann Sorry dafür.

Schöne Grüße

Or in english as good as google and I can

This is your first aircraft for MSFS2020 as far as I know. In the past, I always used PFPX to create my flight plans for your Airbus and other aircrafts under FSX. Does this new aircraft also have the option of importing flight plans from PFPX as it was in the past? At the moment, PFPX has become practically useless to me.

It may be that the question has already been asked in the previous 172 pages, then sorry for it.

Best regards

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, thsteeger said:

This is your first aircraft for MSFS2020 as far as I know. In the past, I always used PFPX to create my flight plans for your Airbus and other aircrafts under FSX. Does this new aircraft also have the option of importing flight plans from PFPX as it was in the past? At the moment, PFPX has become practically useless to me.

It may be that the question has already been asked in the previous 172 pages, then sorry for it.

Best regards

I don't know about importing. pln files or what ever you meant. Using PFPX is definitely a good option for just making flight plans and manually inputing them into the Fms. 

It is not about the manual transfer of flight plan data into the MSFS2020 from paper to MCDU, but about the automatic import of flight plan data as a file via the import function of the MCDU into the flight computer of the aircraft.

• Root Admin
30 minutes ago, thsteeger said:

It is not about the manual transfer of flight plan data into the MSFS2020 from paper to MCDU, but about the automatic import of flight plan data as a file via the import function of the MCDU into the flight computer of the aircraft.

Not possible right now, but it is being worked on.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

• Root Admin
24 minutes ago, thsteeger said:

It's a shame that this doesn't work yet, but it's nice that you are working on it.

That said, you now have to do it as a real pilot, they can't 'automatically' import flight plans on the CRJ. You can however store the flightplans so if you fly the same route you can recall it. Just as in the real CDU. So put the fligthplan created in the correct folder and it can be inserted.

Insert the name of the flight plan in the route field and execute.

FlightSimulator_2021-03-05_18-50-28.png 

FlightSimulator_2021-03-05_18-50-36.png

And here is the flightplan file. They should be in the work folder:

• Steam version: C:\Users\xxxx\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft Flight Simulator\Packages\aerosoft-crj\work
  • MS Store  (boxed) version: C:\Users\xxxx\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalState\packages\aerosoft-crj\work

MUCCGN01.flp

• Like 3
  • Thanks 4
  • Upvote 1

Interested to continue this CRJ community...? Read below.

Not sure about all of you, but I have been enjoying the many insights that have been shared on this forum related to the highly anticipated CRJ. Would love to see this community continue to stick together and to expand. Initially was thinking about setting up a Discord server where we could build the community, setup a range of topics/subgroups etc. but after given it some more consideration and after some exchanges with Aerosoft folks (for the record I am not associated in any way with Aerosoft) we thought it would be better to keep it close to ‘home’ so that Aerosoft will be an integral part of the community (which would not so much be the case when we would use Discord).

As such we started ‘The CRJ Community’ club that is hosted on this forum as well. Idea is to have separate sections such as Community Flights, Mayday-Maydays, Pilot Briefing Room, Story Telling (Interviews etc.), Media, Liveries, aircraft discussions, sim hardware discussions, Add-ons and/or whatever other topics the community think is useful.

Anyhow, if you want to continue to engage with fellow CRJ simmers then pls also join this community. You can use the navigation on top of this page (go to Home > Clubs and select the “The CRJ Community”) or use this link: https://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?/clubs/17-the-crj-community/.

We are also looking for some volunteers to help things get organized/structured and help with moderation so please message me in case you are interested.

Thanks!

JayG

• Like 6
  • Thanks 4
  • Upvote 1

• CRJ Forum Moderator

Although something like a Simbrief flightplan could not be directly loaded in the FMS while the sim is running (directly from Simbrief’s web site), their online planning tool does have the option to export flightplans in a format compatible with the current P3D version of the CRJ. IF that same format will work also In the MSFS CRJ’s FMS, then users would simply have to create a desktop shortcut to the CRJ’s work folder, download their completed flight plan from Simbrief, drop it in the work folder, and it would be ready to load into the FMS when the sim is launched.

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, JayG said:

Not sure about all of you, but I have been enjoying the many insights that have been shared on this forum related to the highly anticipated CRJ. Would love to see this community continue to stick together and to expand. Initially was thinking about setting up a Discord server where we could build the community, setup a range of topics/subgroups etc. but after given it some more consideration and after some exchanges with Aerosoft folks (for the record I am not associated in any way with Aerosoft) we thought it would be better to keep it close to ‘home’ so that Aerosoft will be an integral part of the community (which would not so much be the case when we would use Discord).

As such we started ‘The CRJ Community’ club that is hosted on this forum as well. Idea is to have separate sections such as Community Flights, Mayday-Maydays, Pilot Briefing Room, Story Telling (Interviews etc.), Media, Liveries, aircraft discussions, sim hardware discussions, Add-ons and/or whatever other topics the community think is useful.

Anyhow, if you want to continue to engage with fellow CRJ simmers then pls also join this community. You can use the navigation on top of this page (go to Home > Clubs and select the “The CRJ Community”) or use this link: https://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?/clubs/17-the-crj-community/.

We are also looking for some volunteers to help things get organized/structured and help with moderation so please message me in case you are interested.

Thanks!

JayG

Really great idea!!!!!!

• Upvote 1

• Deputy Sheriffs
9 minutes ago, JRBarrett said:

Although something like a Simbrief flightplan could not be directly loaded in the FMS while the sim is running (directly from Simbrief’s web site), their online planning tool does have the option to export flightplans in a format compatible with the current P3D version of the CRJ. IF that same format will work also In the MSFS CRJ’s FMS, then users would simply have to create a desktop shortcut to the CRJ’s work folder, download their completed flight plan from Simbrief, drop it in the work folder, and it would be ready to load into the FMS when the sim is launched.

If you use the Simbrief downloader, you just have to point that tool once to the work folder. 

• Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, JayG said:

Thanks!

JayG

I'll deffo pop my head in and be round and about

• Like 1

vor 1 hour , The Dude sagte:

And here is the revised version of episode 7. It is basically a whole new video so be sure to check it out!

This weekend I will release an EFB video.

First comment below the video: "Thank you for the video. I hope the nose up/down oscillations during climbing can be fix/tune down a bit. I think it’s a bit too radical right now."

Will you tweak this until release? Thanks!