vor 9 Stunden , The Dude sagte:

OK, just had a talk with Mathijs and I will make a video for the casual player. But it is up to you to give suggestions on what route to fly.

It should be something default or included in the world updates. No payware airports and the flight should be short. We do not want to bore you with a long video. 

Looking forward to some nice suggestions!

ps, the casual player should be able to fly this him/herself so no circlings in Innsbruck or Paro approaches for this one please. 

vor 13 Minuten, Andrew Sullman sagte:

Wow I am so hyped for the release.  Does anyone know if  The dude will do more videos before release day as they are really enjoyable and very helpful for a new CRJ pilot :)  Thanks Andy 

Well yes he will do and right now you can even suggest what the next route should be ;) This one will be more related to casual flying but I think we will also learn new stuff in this one :D 

• Like 1
  • Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Dear friends, we are really sorry this message is released later then we hoped.   We are excited to announce that the Aerosoft CRJ 550/700 for the Microsoft Flight Simulator will be released

I will add my support to Mathijs sentiment here.  One of the things we constantly try to snuff out is this popular meme that developers are all in competition with one another like newspaper barkers o

My sincerest apologies for this situation - it was a couple members of our team who exercised rather poor judgement, and they have been spoken to. I assure you this won't happen again. We have the hig

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, Mathijs Kok said:

Being Dutch I would say make new Fokkers 50's, but hey, even Hans and TheDude do not listen to me. 

So no Aerosoft Fokker 50/70/100? I would love that

8 minutes ago, M4V3R1CK said:

Well yes he will do and right now you can even suggest what the next route should be ;) This one will be more related to casual flying but I think we will also learn new stuff in this one :D 

Awesome I dont mind where the dude flys  but the things he has taught us so far is amazing I wonder if he could do an in depth review of the EFB maybe  :) as from reading the manual its has ALOT of features which is amazing.  the only thing   i wonder about is the crj TCAS call out traffic conflicts  are they done via voice maybe? couldn't find anything in the manual  wonder how it works with live traffic 

image.png.57941fda3b5a613f7d5bd680da3202a4.png

Hi, I noticed in the latest video with the takeoff, there is no animation for raising the gear. In one frame it's down then the next frame it's instantly up as he retracts the gear. Are there any plans to add an animation for raising and lowering the gear? 

On 26.2.2021 at 19:08, Andrew Sullman sagte:

Wow just watched the new video from @The Dude wow so many amazing features.  in todays video.  I have a question  if possible. is TCAS  fully active with voice alerts Thanks Andy 

Lol I just searched if there was already an answer to your question and the first match was a post from you back in February xD But I think there was no comment on that so far. At least I couldn't find one.

• Like 1
  • Root Admin
8 minutes ago, MultiMediaWill said:

image.png.57941fda3b5a613f7d5bd680da3202a4.png

Hi, I noticed in the latest video with the takeoff, there is no animation for raising the gear. In one frame it's down then the next frame it's instantly up as he retracts the gear. Are there any plans to add an animation for raising and lowering the gear? 

Will check.

Are you 100% sure it works like that in the CRJ?

1 minute ago, Mathijs Kok said:

Will check.

Are you 100% sure it works like that in the CRJ?

I have no experience with the CRJ so I am not sure at all, but I've seen the animation in other planes so I'd figure I'd ask.

• Root Admin
Just now, MultiMediaWill said:

I have no experience with the CRJ so I am not sure at all, but I've seen the animation in other planes so I'd figure I'd ask.

I have just asked our advisory group (big name for a group of silly pilots)

• Like 3
9 minutes ago, Mathijs Kok said:

I have just asked our advisory group (big name for a group of silly pilots)

I don't think this is a realism question, as much an animation question. I believe what the above user is talking about is that the lever has no animated travel from the down position to the up position. It instantly moves from one position to the other in a single frame. 

I'm fairly sure that, as quick as it can be, Bombardier hasn't invented teleportation :P So basically, the question would be if that's just because the build used by TheDude isn't final, and whether an animation showing the lever traveling from one position to the other will be added before or after release :D

• Upvote 1
1 minute ago, Abriael said:

I don't think this is a realism question, as much an animation question. I believe what the above user is talking about is that the lever has no animated travel from the down position to the up position. It instantly moves from one position to the other in a single frame. 

I'm fairly sure that, as quick as it can be, Bombardier hasn't invented teleportation :P So basically, the question would be if that's just because the build used by TheDude isn't final, and whether an animation showing the lever traveling from one position to the other will be added before or after release :D

Yep this is exactly it. I have found two videos that show the animation in the CJ4 and A320 in MSFS. Different planes yes, but both have a clean animation and I would expect something similar for the CRJ. 

A320: 

CJ4: 

vor 1 hour , bluemoon51 sagte:

Very much so, I can't help but feel that Mitsubishi buying the CRJ cut short its lifetime and potential considerably. 

Well, that's not a feeling, it's unfortunately the truth. After Mitsubishi bought the CRJ rights, they just finished the existing orders and stopped production to favour their own product, aka Mitsubishi SpaceJet. 

So that's definetly the end of the CRJ 😞

1 minute ago, ModsWanted said:

Well, that's not a feeling, it's unfortunately the truth. After Mitsubishi bought the CRJ rights, they just finished the existing orders and stopped production to favour their own product, aka Mitsubishi SpaceJet. 

Ohhhh I wasn't suggesting that this wasn't the end, its just a question if its a natural end or not!!!! and for what its worth I totally agree with your assessment.

Vor 1 Stunde, ModsWanted sagte:

The fun fact of the SpaceJet is that Misubishi reduced the development of their new aircraft due to covid to a minimum. So now you no longer sell the CRJ and the "successor" is not ready. Ergo you lose a lot of money and customers to competitors.  

10 minutes ago, M4V3R1CK said:

The fun fact of the SpaceJet is that Misubishi reduced the development of their new aircraft due to covid to a minimum. So now you no longer sell the CRJ and the "successor" is not ready. So now you lose a lot of money and customers to competitors.  

Look how long the MD-80's flew...you never know.

1 hour ago, DFWSupertrooper said:

Look how long the MD-80's flew...you never know.

It would be interesting to know how the design of life-limited parts was different between something like an MD-80 vs. a CRJ, as I would imagine that would be a driver in when the airframe is retired.  Certainly Bombardier would have assumed a high number of cycles per flight hour (as compared to a wide-body jet) given the range and mission of the CRJ; however, improvements in engineering analysis and manufacturing techniques have generally reduced required safety factors (i.e. you don't need to overdesign something in order to account for uncertainty in your analysis).

• Like 1
3 hours ago, EasternT3 said:

So no Aerosoft Fokker 50/70/100? I would love that

3 hours ago, M4V3R1CK said:

Oh yes the Fokker aircrafts in Aerosoft quality in MSFS :D Great idea ❤

I posted it a while back and it is now buried. But... Hans was the guy behind the excellent Fokker 70/100 for FSX back in the day from Digital Aviation.  Just sayin ;)

• Like 1

@Mathijs Kok so today's development update from Asobo confirmed that contrails will be added to the SDK on March 11. Any chance our CRJs will leave their mark in the sky at release? :D

COPYRIGHT PROTECTED MATERIAL REMOVED!

Please add only links!

Also, I imagine you guys are already testing the CRJ with the Sim Update that will come on March 11 correct? Another dev (Iris simulations) said they have early access to it, so I imagine the same goes for Aerosoft. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3
7 hours ago, Abriael said:

@Mathijs Kok so today's development update from Asobo confirmed that contrails will be added to the SDK on March 11. Any chance our CRJs will leave their mark in the sky at release? :D

COPYRIGHT PROTECTED MATERIAL REMOVED!

Please add only links!

Also, I imagine you guys are already testing the CRJ with the Sim Update that will come on March 11 correct? Another dev (Iris simulations) said they have early access to it, so I imagine the same goes for Aerosoft. 

Hope we can ai and other players contrails. It'll be 80% of the sky with the amount of crj's in the air.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, ual763 said:

I posted it a while back and it is now buried. But... Hans was the guy behind the excellent Fokker 70/100 for FSX back in the day from Digital Aviation.  Just sayin ;)

Hans did an awesome job on that aircraft !   There are some "oldtimers" around still waiting for D/A to finish that virtual cockpit 🤣😂

• Like 1
  • Root Admin
13 hours ago, MultiMediaWill said:

Great thanks for the quick response! 

Okay, we have the issue confirmed and the animation will be changed. Thanks for noticing it!

• Like 11