Aerosoft Aircraft: CRJ

Hans Hartmann

4 minutes ago, DFWSupertrooper said:

KDEN (FSDreamTeam)-KLAS (FlyTampa) over the Rockies would be good.  Also KSFO-KBUR (by Orbx).

No Addon airports. Generic Airports only. I believe. :) The focus is on edification and wider audience.

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, Manny said:

No Addon airports. Generic Airports only. I believe. :) The focus is on edification and wider audience.

I love flying into Reno, even though it's default it always feels worth it.

Anyone remembers  Holger Seilz? A German kid who I believe had started working for Lufthansa did a detailed flight tutorial from EDDF Frankfurt to KSFO San Fran. on the PMDG747. It doesn't start at Cold and Dark.. it starts at him walking into the Office where he is handed a file by the Dispatch office with weather brief and everything.  I still have it. It's "my Precious", Which is what I eventually graduated to after the Quick and dirty "Monkey see, Monkey do" Tutorial to get me up and running. :)

His name is etched in my head forever. I wonder where he is or what he is doing now. Probably a Sr. Captain with Lufthansa.  LOL :)

• Like 1

• Root Admin
18 minutes ago, Manny said:

Anyone remembers  Holger Seilz? A German kid who I believe had started working for Lufthansa did a detailed flight tutorial from EDDF Frankfurt to KSFO San Fran. on the PMDG747. It doesn't start at Cold and Dark.. it starts at him walking into the Office where he is handed a file by the Dispatch office with weather brief and everything.  I still have it. It's "my Precious", Which is what I eventually graduated to after the Quick and dirty "Monkey see, Monkey do" Tutorial to get me up and running. :)

His name is etched in my head forever. I wonder where he is or what he is doing now. Probably a Sr. Captain with Lufthansa.  LOL :)

Unsung hero. 

• Thanks 2

vor 42 Minuten, bluemoon51 sagte:

Kind of ironic it would be rolling off the assembly right as we are about to get it in MSFS....

True but also sad that this lovely aircraft is no longer in active production :(  

2 minutes ago, M4V3R1CK said:

True but also sad that this lovely aircraft is no longer in active production :(  

Very much so, I can't help but feel that Mitsubishi buying the CRJ cut short its lifetime and potential considerably. 

vor 8 Stunden , The Dude sagte:

OK, just had a talk with Mathijs and I will make a video for the casual player. But it is up to you to give suggestions on what route to fly.

It should be something default or included in the world updates. No payware airports and the flight should be short. We do not want to bore you with a long video. 

vor 56 Minuten, Manny sagte:

Yep you're right. Brought The Dude's post back here if someone missed it ;) 

3 hours ago, Mathijs Kok said:

We are leaning towards US for this (as the big tutorial in in the EU}.

My vote is KDEN-KASE. Both Denver and Aspen are “hand crafted” detailed airports in Default MSFS. It’s a short route (~120nm) with great scenery, and the approach to Aspen is really fun. Also, this route has the added benefit of being a real life CRJ550 route with United Express/Skywest:

https://flightaware.com/live/flight/SKW5477/history/20210304/1823Z/KDEN/KASE

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 3

vor 8 Minuten, bluemoon51 sagte:

Very much so, I can't help but feel that Mitsubishi buying the CRJ cut short its lifetime and potential considerably. 

Hmm probably you're right. But there aren't that many regional jets on the market are they? I mean there are as far as i know only

• Embraer
  • Mitsubishi
  • Sukhoi
  • Comac 
  • Antonov

And well I believe most western airlines dont have any of the last 3 in their fleet. So are airlines no longer interessted in aircrafts with less than 100 seats?

5 minutes ago, N651EB said:

My vote is KDEN-KASE. Both Denver and Aspen are “hand crafted” detailed airports in Default MSFS. It’s a short route (~120nm) with great scenery, and the approach to Aspen is really fun. Also, this route has the added benefit of being a real life CRJ550 route with United Express/Skywest:

https://flightaware.com/live/flight/SKW5477/history/20210304/1823Z/KDEN/KASE

KASE doesn't have an ILS approach. It has a VOR or LOC DME Step down approach? I guess that maybe ok. 

Some one had suggest the other way around. KASE to KDEN

2 minutes ago, Manny said:

KASE doesn't have an ILS approach. It has a VOR or LOC DME Step down approach? I guess that maybe ok. 

Like I said, it has a fun approach 😀

3 hours ago, EasternT3 said:

KASE/KEGE to KDEN? 

And looking back, EasternT3 had the idea first! Hopefully I can help in upselling it. I would love to see this video.

8 minutes ago, M4V3R1CK said:

Hmm probably you're right. But there aren't that many regional jets on the market are they? I mean there is as far as i know only

• Embraer
  • Mitsubishi
  • Sukhoi
  • Comac 
  • Antonov

And well I believe most western airlines dont have any of the last 3 in their fleet. So are airlines no longer interested in aircrafts with less than 100 seats?

No, they are extremely interested in new RJ's. Just one problem, the new batch of RJ's being built across the board are to big A220's, MRJ's, the E2 family, etc. Some flat out do not fit into scope without major Max weight and seating reductions. And those that can be reduced that way lose their economical edge once the amount of seats required to be are removed. In the US regional airlines are limited by scope clause to 76 seats with a couple dozen aircraft at 79 seats as a result of being grandfathered in from America West Express operations. Scope should not and will not be relaxed for more then 76 seats. So what's going to happen to RJ's in the US and Canada. I'm not sure, they are eventually going to need to be replaced but there isn't a plane on the market or in development that can do the job with the seating and weight restrictions. 

vor 4 Minuten, Alexander Pressley sagte:

No, they are extremely interested in new RJ's. Just one problem, the new batch of RJ's being built across the board are to big A220's etc. Some flat out do not fit into scope without major Max weight and seating reductions. And those that can be reduced that way lose their economical edge once the amount of seats required to be are removed. In the US regional airlines are limited by scope clause to 76 seats with a couple dozen aircraft at 79 seats as a result of being grandfathered in from America West Express operations. Scope should not and will not be relaxed for more then 76 seats. So what's going to happen to RJ's in the US and Canada. I'm not sure, they are eventually going to need to be replaced but there isn't a plane on the market or in development that can do the job with the seating and weight restrictions. 

That's what I also thought about planes like the A220 - Simply too big. The best would be Bombardier or now Misubishi 😒 would build a new CRJ 😍 But that sadly wont happen 😞

3 minutes ago, Alexander Pressley said:

No, they are extremely interested in new RJ's. Just one problem, the new batch of RJ's being built across the board are to big A220's etc. Some flat out do not fit into scope without major Max weight and seating reductions. And those that can be reduced that way lose their economical edge once the amount of seats required to be are removed. In the US regional airlines are limited by scope clause to 76 seats with a couple dozen aircraft at 79 seats as a result of being grandfathered in from America West Express operations. Scope should not and will not be relaxed for more then 76 seats. So what's going to happen to RJ's in the US and Canada. I'm not sure, they are eventually going to need to be replaced but there isn't a plane on the market or in development that can do the job with the seating and weight restrictions. 

Makes you wonder if Airbus might come into the market with something connected to an A220 as its kind of hard capped with the A319 to grow

A hundred pages or so ago someone was asking how these short haul CRJ planes get delivered across the oceans.  Here is one way.

A former Air France Hop Bombardier CRJ700 arrived in Tucson, Arizona, on Thursday after making a nearly 6,000-mile journey from Lille in France. The 70-seat twin-engine regional jet began its journey across the Atlantic Ocean from Lille Airport (LIL) on January 26. Along the way, it made stops at Keflavík International Airport (KEF) in Iceland, Goose Bay Airport (YYR) in Canada, General Mitchell International Airport (MKE) in Milwaukee, Wisconsin, before finally arriving at Tucson International Airport (TUS) in Arizona.

The nearly 19-year-old CRJ700 registration number F-GRZF had, according to aviation enthusiast website Planespotters.net, been taken out of service by Air France in December while waiting to join SkyWest Airlines in January 2021. The plane was flown to the Desert Southwest because its new owner SkyWest Airlines has a maintenance base at Tucson International Airport, where it also provides regional flights for United Express.

hop-skywest-route-lille-totus.gif.f087512a63609c1c66accf149fc4a729.gif

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, M4V3R1CK said:

That's what I also thought about planes like the A220 - Simply too big. The best would be Bombardier or now Misubishi 😒 would build a new CRJ 😍 But that sadly wont happen 😞

It will be interesting to see what the pandemic (and post-pandemic) does to airlines (routes, fleets, etc.).  Right now, there is significant excess fleet capacity and lots of uncertainty; I don't expect manufacturers to be spending a ton of money developing new airframes until there is a little more clarity as to what the future of airline travel looks like for the next 8-15 years.  

• Root Admin
27 minutes ago, M4V3R1CK said:

Being Dutch I would say make new Fokkers 50's, but hey, even Hans and TheDude do not listen to me. 

• Like 6

• Root Admin
10 minutes ago, Andrew Sullman said:

Wow I am so hyped for the release.  Does anyone know if  The dude will do more videos before release day as they are really enjoyable and very helpful for a new CRJ pilot :)  Thanks Andy 

Yes, we hope to have the complete tutorial covered. Things are a bit slowed down as we are all updating stuff.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Andrew Sullman said:

Wow I am so hyped for the release.  Does anyone know if  The dude will do more videos before release day as they are really enjoyable and very helpful for a new CRJ pilot :)  Thanks Andy 

He's doing a reinstall of MFS and said he hopes to have a video up this weekend although he might redo the last 2 episodes