Aerosoft Aircraft: CRJ

Hans Hartmann

Who knows the practical minimal runway length for routine (typical) CRJ 550/700 flights?

I found 4,724 ft (1,440 m) at Air Cyber Alliance for the CRJ700.  I have no idea of their source.

There is a great little freeware program named "destination finder" that is practically unlimited in returning lists and tables of airports/distances/directions from any location on earth.   

• Upvote 2

11 minutes ago, Truelz said:

My totally biased suggestion for a route would be EKCH - EKYT or the other way around :P

Oh yeah, me too. EKCH in general is a nice hub for CRJ´s (mostly 900´s though)

8 minutes ago, fly3400 said:

Oh yeah, me too. EKCH in general is a nice hub for CRJ´s (mostly 900´s though)

Only 900's though. SAS just operate 900's. Some Lufthansa 700's or whatever might fly there though.

I am agnostic to which two airports or which part of the world. And certainly no Paro or LOWI circle to land either. :)

A simple Gatwick EGKK to EGGD Bristol would suffice. Not sure if its a legit route for a CRJ. or it could be any of the pairs suggested by others here. :) My objective here is to learn to use the CRJ as quick as possible and spend long hours learning it completely eventually in 6 months to a year. 

• Like 1

• Deputy Sheriffs

It does not have to be a real city pair. This will be a "casual" flight without any RW ops restrictions. Obviously I will not do take offs on grass runways but the main goal is to just fly the aircraft around and maybe see something nice along the way.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

28 minutes ago, Jetjockey10 said:

Who knows the practical minimal runway length for routine (typical) CRJ 550/700 flights?

I found 4,724 ft (1,440 m) at Air Cyber Alliance for the CRJ700.  I have no idea of their source.

There is a great little freeware program named "destination finder" that is practically unlimited in returning lists and tables of airports/distances/directions from any location on earth.   

From Bombardier     CRJ 700              CRJ 900            CRJ 1000

Takeoff[d] 5,265 ft / 1,605 m (ER) 6,360 ft / 1,939 m (LR) 6,955 ft / 2,120 m (ER)
Landing[e] 5,040 ft / 1,536 m 5,355 ft / 1,632 m 5,740 ft / 1,750 m

(d) MTOW

(e) MLW

• Root Admin
10 minutes ago, The Dude said:

It does not have to be a real city pair. This will be a "casual" flight without any RW ops restrictions. Obviously I will not do take offs on grass runways but the main goal is to just fly the aircraft around and maybe see something nice along the way.

We are leaning towards US for this (as the big tutorial in in the EU}.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

2 minutes ago, Mathijs Kok said:

We are lean towards US for this (as the big tutorial in in the EU}.

I would recommend KLAX to KSAN for a short trip and beautiful coastline. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 4

20 minutes ago, Manny said:

I am agnostic to which two airports or which part of the world. And certainly no Paro or LOWI circle to land either. :)

Same here. I'm not so much fixed on certain airports which I can inspect otherwise but learn how basically to handle the CRJ. I'm sure the Dude will do that properly.

Kind regards, Michael

• Thanks 2

vor 28 Minuten, riskas123 sagte:

Only 900's though. SAS just operate 900's. Some Lufthansa 700's or whatever might fly there though.

Does Lufthansa still operate CRJ700? Thought they only have 900's left in their current fleet.

For the city pair I would rather suggest smaller airfields in smaller cities. 

Not all of us have solid rig to deal with KLAX for example :(

This is why one of my favorites is still that free Padeborn for example.

&

1 hour ago, Mathijs Kok said:

We are leaning towards US for this (as the big tutorial in in the EU}.

KBOS to KPVD LOL. Probably about 10 minutes wheels up to wheels down.

• Like 1

vor 18 Minuten, Ccurrie5 sagte:

KBOS to KPVD LOL. Probably about 10 minutes wheels up to wheels down.

Hmm would be funny indeed but I think this might not be the right trip for this occasion ;) 

6 hours ago, The Dude said:

OK, just had a talk with Mathijs and I will make a video for the casual player. But it is up to you to give suggestions on what route to fly.

It should be something default or included in the world updates. No payware airports and the flight should be short. We do not want to bore you with a long video. 

Looking forward to some nice suggestions!

ps, the casual player should be able to fly this him/herself so no circlings in Innsbruck or Paro approaches for this one please. 

KDAY-KORD is a nice short hop, pretty easy too

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

vor 34 Minuten, sholay sagte:

I really like Paderborn too not only because it's free (thanks again Aerosoft for releasing it like this) but also because it's a beautifully modeled airport with less traffic ;) I really like the atmosphere there :D 

• Thanks 1

45 minutes ago, sholay said:

&

Perhaps KSAN / KSBA (instead of LAX)?  Apparently Alaska Airlines is starting flights this summer.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2