Aerosoft Aircraft: CRJ

Hans Hartmann

Now, should we open this up to way across the big pond we could add a slightly less than an hour flight within the Hawaiian Islands. A perfect location for the United 550.

Kauai to Kona on the Big Island should showcase both the CRJ and Hawaii. On second thought, maybe a quick stop on Oahu would fill the seats.

LIH -HNL - KOA

• Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, HugoTro said:

It's a bit too short I think (27 mins air time on Simbrief), if you want in the same zone there is LEIB-LEBL with this route 

EPAM1F EPAMA A293 MARTA MART1Z

which gives at least 40 mins of flight time

It's a good shout :)

21 minutes ago, Jetjockey10 said:

Now, should we open this up to way across the big pond we could add a slightly less than an hour flight within the Hawaiian Islands. A perfect location for the United 550.

Kauai to Kona on the Big Island should showcase both the CRJ and Hawaii. On second thought, maybe a quick stop on Oahu would fill the seats.

LIH -HNL - KOA

That's a good one, maybe just the first leg though. Probably wouldn't want two flights in a basic tutorial.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Jetjockey10 said:

Any of these would be a good one.  
B07F762D-492C-4984-88A6-D614293A2208.jpeg.36c883b58da4ed57a2b3f2f7074479e7.jpeg

I really want to do the IBEX routes in Japan. It's a great place to fly around. I am not sure that livery has been done but I am sure it will. 

Screenshot 2021-03-04 at 14.25.19.png

• Like 2

The flight time from Chicago O'Hare International Airport to Cincinnati/Northern Kentucky International Airport is:

44 minutes

Wheels up to touchdown brings many of the new United Express flights into play for a simple tutorial.  Not gate to gate time.

• Like 2

vor 8 Minuten, Gyps sagte:

what about Birmingham egbb to gatwick egkk thats around the right distance and two nice big airports 

Also great idea. UK is beautiful since the last world update :) 

vor 22 Minuten, TRYstang sagte:

I really want to do the IBEX routes in Japan. It's a great place to fly around. I am not sure that livery has been done but I am sure it will. 

Maybe a trip between two in world update 1 remodelled airports 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

All of these suggestions sound like fun flights.  We may need a book to keep track of all these new routes.  I think the suggested "one hour" time limit might be thought of as 45 min - 90 min so we don't exclude some of those city pairs that don't fit within that short window.  Once we are comfortable with the CRJ we can adjust or modify any of these tutorials.

This Med Tour published by Sky Team Virtual could be adapted to a planned CRJ show and tell.  Mediterranean Tour - SkyTeam Virtual

The options and choices are nearly unlimited. Less than 2 weeks to get ready.

1910991979_skyteammedtourmap.thumb.JPG.cd2d5ff7613635da30c30f8344a3a59c.JPG

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jetjockey10 said:

Any of these would be a good one.  
B07F762D-492C-4984-88A6-D614293A2208.jpeg.36c883b58da4ed57a2b3f2f7074479e7.jpeg

A lot of the longer routes on this map are not "current" GoJet 550 routes  Some of those routes are now handled by Skywest 700's and Republic's ERJ175's.  Any of the shorter routes (KORD to GRR, CID, GRB, STL, CVG, etc) would be excellent tutorial routes for all us USA flyers ! 

Thanks ! 😍

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, M4V3R1CK said:

What route do you have in mind? :D 

KORD-KMKE (or KMSN)

Both are really short, and I’ve been on a CR7 for both of them in real life.  Flight time wheels up to down for MKE is 16minutes.

• Like 1

vor 35 Minuten, Jetjockey10 sagte:

All of these suggestions sound like fun flights.  We may need a book to keep track of all these new routes.  I think the suggested "one hour" time limit might be thought of as 45 min - 90 min so we don't exclude some of those city pairs that don't fit within that short window.  Once we are comfortable with the CRJ we can adjust or modify any of these tutorials.

This Med Tour published by Sky Team Virtual could be adapted to a planned CRJ show and tell.  Mediterranean Tour - SkyTeam Virtual

The options and choices are nearly unlimited. Less than 2 weeks to get ready.

1910991979_skyteammedtourmap.thumb.JPG.cd2d5ff7613635da30c30f8344a3a59c.JPG

Yeah somewhere in the Mediterranean area would be great :) 

3 hours ago, The Dude said:

OK, just had a talk with Mathijs and I will make a video for the casual player. But it is up to you to give suggestions on what route to fly.

It should be something default or included in the world updates. No payware airports and the flight should be short. We do not want to bore you with a long video. 

Looking forward to some nice suggestions!

ps, the casual player should be able to fly this him/herself so no circlings in Innsbruck or Paro approaches for this one please. 

KMKE-KORD

KCLL-KIAH

KCOS-KDEN

All served by CRJs in real life. :)

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, pellelil said:

There are many routes to choose from (based on data from AIG AI-flightplans):

CRJ-Routes.jpg

Hahaha, Even my tiny home Town airport is there, to be fair the crj is a regional jet so a lot of smaller airports are there. 

For a lot of my GA flights, daylight permitting, I fly out of a fairly small airport, with a main runway of 5,522ft.   It has fairly lengthy thresholds at either end of the runway, but these are apparently not part of the licensed runway.

Although the runway appears to be within the take-off and landing specifications of at least the CRJ-700, what margin of error would normally be allowed IRL?

My question is more out of curiosity, as I suspect this airport will probably not be viable for any of the CRJ family.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Caterpillar said:

For a lot of my GA flights, daylight permitting, I fly out of a fairly small airport, with a main runway of 5,522ft.   It has fairly lengthy thresholds at either end of the runway, but these are apparently not part of the licensed runway.

Although the runway appears to be within the take-off and landing specifications of at least the CRJ-700, what margin of error would normally be allowed IRL?

My question is more out of curiosity, as I suspect this airport will probably not be viable for any of the CRJ family.

Municipalities often "shorten" runways to restrict what aircraft can use it KSMO (Santa Monica) is a really good example of that in MSFS it had 1,500ft knocked off it by the City...to your question 5,500ft you are throwing people and bags out of the back of the plane for that....(although doable)

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, bluemoon51 said:

Municipalities often "shorten" runways to restrict what aircraft can use it KSMO (Santa Monica) is a really good example of that in MSFS it had 1,500ft knocked off it by the City...to your question 5,500ft you are throwing people and bags out of the back of the plane for that....(although doable)

LOL.

Then I think I'll play it safe and just stick to the airports that service CRJ flights IRL, and maybe larger airports that have more lengthy runways.

Thanks for your post

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Caterpillar said:

LOL.

Then I think I'll play it safe and just stick to the airports that service CRJ flights IRL, and maybe larger airports that have more lengthy runways.

Thanks for your post

You can use a light load of fuel and no cargo/baggage as in a ferry flight.  If you need a little more help add a healthy headwind on the nose.  Find the best flap/slat setting for your configuration for a max performance takeoff.  I bet you could be off the ground with gear up with a thousand feet of runway in front of you.  It's a simulator - test it til you have it down pat.

• Like 1