If you cannot find the message you posted we probably moved it to the correct forum section! ×

• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Dear friends, we are really sorry this message is released later then we hoped.   We are excited to announce that the Aerosoft CRJ 550/700 for the Microsoft Flight Simulator will be released

I will add my support to Mathijs sentiment here.  One of the things we constantly try to snuff out is this popular meme that developers are all in competition with one another like newspaper barkers o

My sincerest apologies for this situation - it was a couple members of our team who exercised rather poor judgement, and they have been spoken to. I assure you this won't happen again. We have the hig

Posted Images

44 minutes ago, Fori said:

Hi there. I was eagerly awaiting this plane although I'm a more casual player (e.g. starting on runway).

From what I've read on the microsoft forums it seems that you CANNOT plan your flights in the insim planner and just start on the runway and everything is setup. Is this true?

Regards

Fori

My advice would be, there is a learning curve with something like this plane and flight-planning would be part of that, but you might find that its something once you get into you enjoy and there are alot of simple planning guides on youtube, keep in mind likely you aren't going more than a couple of hours flying, so routes can be pretty simple, try starting with a couple of simple locations(ideally somewhere with just an approach to enter)and go from there. Get comfortable flying into one place and then expand......(Maybe even turn on the approach rings so you can see how the plane reacts to capturing an approach and you can pick up when you have screwed something up)  

Just one question because this flight planning topic came up again. Are there any plans (in the future) to implement the possibility to use the CRJ with the default MS navdatabase. I mean finally we got a sim which gets free regular navdata updates :D  So would be great to use it also in 3rd party aircrafts ;) Or are there restrictions for 3rd parties from MS?

• Like 1
vor 8 Minuten, bluemoon51 sagte:

My advice would be, there is a learning curve with something like this plane and flight-planning would be part of that, but you might find that its something once you get into you enjoy and there are alot of simple planning guides on youtube, keep in mind likely you aren't going more than a couple of hours flying, so routes can be pretty simple, try starting with a couple of simple locations(ideally somewhere with just an approach to enter)and go from there. Get comfortable flying into one place and then expand......(Maybe even turn on the approach rings so you can see how the plane reacts to capturing an approach and you can pick up when you have screwed something up)  

Great input but I think it's somehow related to time. Sometimes you just want to select a runway and get airborne and this is pretty simple with the MSFS worldmap but not if you have to put in a flight plan manually. 

• Like 1
vor 1 minute, M4V3R1CK sagte:

Great input but I think it's somehow related to time. Sometimes you just want to select a runway and get airborne and this is pretty simple with the MSFS worldmap but not if you have to put in a flight plan manually. 

This is exactly it. :) But thanks @bluemoon51 for the cool input. I guess I'll end up buying it anyway. 

From breezing through the manual I'm already wondering why I would have to recalibrate my HOTAS again although it's working already with the 320 and 787.

• Like 1
  • Root Admin
24 minutes ago, M4V3R1CK said:

Just one question because this flight planning topic came up again. Are there any plans (in the future) to implement the possibility to use the CRJ with the default MS navdatabase.

Yes, absolutely. 

At this very moment we are just not able to access the build in database and therefor we have to uses an external database (we include a fully up to date Lufthansa Data Systems database but are 100% compatible with our friends at Navigraph). But the moment we have acces to the internal database we'll add that as well. So ideally you can choose between the sim default NavBlue, Navigraph (Jeppesen) or NavDatapro (LIDO Lufthansa Systems). If I am correct, the latter is the one used by most airlines at this moment.

We love the fact the sim comes with a database that is updated. It makes a hell of a difference for the platform.

• Like 3
  • Root Admin
17 minutes ago, bluemoon51 said:

Personally I would start with the Tutorial.... 

• Like 1
17 minutes ago, bluemoon51 said:

how do you turn on the approach rings? 

• Like 1
vor 6 Minuten, Mathijs Kok sagte:

Yes, absolutely. 

At this very moment we are just not able to access the build in database and therefor we have to uses an external database (we include a fully up to date Lufthansa Data Systems database but are 100% compatible with our friends at Navigraph). But the moment we have acces to the internal database we'll add that as well. So ideally you can choose between the sim default NavBlue, Navigraph (Jeppesen) or NavDatapro (Lufthansa Data systems). If I am correct, the latter is the one used by most airlines at this moment.

We love the fact the sim comes with a database that is updated. It makes a hell of a difference for the platform.

To be clear: This means that once you can access it via SDK you're going to implement being able to plan your flight in sim and start on the runway? :)

Guess Im back on the hype train :) And thaks for the great response!

• Upvote 1
vor 2 Minuten, Mathijs Kok sagte:

Yes, absolutely. 

At this very moment we are just not able to access the build in database and therefor we have to uses an external database (we include a fully up to date Lufthansa Data Systems database but are 100% compatible with our friends at Navigraph). But the moment we have acces to the internal database we'll add that as well. So ideally you can choose between the sim default NavBlue, Navigraph (Jeppesen) or NavDatapro (Lufthansa Data systems). If I am correct, the latter is the one used by most airlines at this moment.

Great news :) Thanks for the quick response 🏆

22 minutes ago, Mathijs Kok said:

Personally I would start with the Tutorial.... 

Very true I wasn't trying to sell the Tutorial or the connected videos short in any way.

23 minutes ago, Fori said:

To be clear: This means that once you can access it via SDK you're going to implement being able to plan your flight in sim and start on the runway? :)

Guess Im back on the hype train :) And thaks for the great response!

You can always start on the runway and click the ready to taxi state on the EFB, switch the landing lights on, and you’re off!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
1 hour ago, Fori said:

Thanks. Sounds bad - seems like I'm too casual. Guess I'm off the hype train then :(

Why not learn? Everyone has to at some point. You will never improve unless you start using the systems more. I started from scratch when MSFS launched, and i am still learning.. it's fun, gives satisfaction when you learn something new... Instead of being defeatest... give it a go!

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Mathijs Kok said:

Yes, absolutely. 

At this very moment we are just not able to access the build in database and therefor we have to uses an external database (we include a fully up to date Lufthansa Data Systems database but are 100% compatible with our friends at Navigraph). But the moment we have acces to the internal database we'll add that as well. So ideally you can choose between the sim default NavBlue, Navigraph (Jeppesen) or NavDatapro (LIDO Lufthansa Systems). If I am correct, the latter is the one used by most airlines at this moment.

Sorry for my ignorance but I’m new to this stuff. Will I have to drop the navigraph data into a CRJ folder as well, or just leave it in the community folder? 

vor 18 Minuten, Car147 sagte:

Why not learn? Everyone has to at some point. You will never improve unless you start using the systems more. I started from scratch when MSFS launched, and i am still learning.. it's fun, gives satisfaction when you learn something new... Instead of being defeatest... give it a go!

This has nothing to do with learning not wanting to tediously put Flight Data in MCDU which is even inserted in real life in planes like 320 :)

• Downvote 1
8 hours ago, Mathijs Kok said:

No, when we have an update we will share that with customers and Microsoft.

@Mathijs Kok

Hi Mathijs

but when you share with MS ... is that uploaded instantly by them or do we have to wait 14 days before they update the marketplace  ( worse case scenario)

if that is the case i will prefer buying directly from Aerosoft. If they update instant when you release the update ... i prefer to buy at marketplace ( to keep all central ... the big advantage of marketplace ) 

Vor 1 Stunde, HugoTro sagte:

You can always start on the runway and click the ready to taxi state on the EFB, switch the landing lights on, and you’re off!

That's true but you wont have a flight plan in the FMS and i think most people starting directly from a runway like to have a route. They just skip the "tricky" part.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
40 minutes ago, Fori said:

This has nothing to do with learning not wanting to tediously put Flight Data in MCDU which is even inserted in real life in planes like 320 :)

Not all airlines do this, if fact most airlines I know off irl get the pilots to manually enter the flight plan into the FMS/MCDU especially on the shorter flights a CRJ would be on 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3