Aerosoft Aircraft: CRJ

Hans Hartmann

vor 16 Minuten, cdnavi8r sagte:

Theoretically, the CRJ9s now that Air Canada Express, were originally built as a CRJ-705. Built on a 900 body, was technically a 700 series. But alas, those have since been converted into official CRJ9s now.

Ok thanks for sharing your knowledge. In this topic you learn everyday something new :) 

When researching the operators of the CRJ 700/550 I found this list that seems to have a lot more Operators/Lessors than the typical wiki list. I might copy this over to excel and sort out the duplicates and see just how long the list may be.

This page has search capability so one might be able to find a specific operator and more details.

Canadair CRJ-700 production list (rzjets.net)

• Deputy Sheriffs
1 hour ago, Flyboy1 said:

If indeed you do make a redo of Episode 6 please enable Closed Captions/Subtitles

Thanks, I did not know that they were disabled. I just enabled them again!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

It looks like from the takeoff video that Aerosoft was able to get an accurate ground effect for the CRJ. Is this indeed the case? It looks to be the first airliner in MSFS that doesn't spring up off the ground as soon as the nose lifts up an inch which makes me even more excited.

• Like 1

• CRJ Forum Moderator
2 hours ago, The Dude said:

The plan was to have all videos ready for the release and that will still happen. After seeing all that feedback about the APU and the checklist goof up I will probably do the last two videos again. 

Although leaving the APU running to supply bleed air for the packs during takeoff really isn’t required for performance reasons on the 700/900 (unlike the under-powered 200), I wonder if some operators might still do it on the 700/900 at a high altitude airport on an ISA+ day? KASE in summer comes to mind.

50 minutes ago, cdnavi8r said:

Theoretically, the CRJ9s now that Air Canada Express, were originally built as a CRJ-705. Built on a 900 body, was technically a 700 series. But alas, those have since been converted into official CRJ9s now.

Hopefully, you will be able to fashion a livery for us if one is not provided.

John (VAC036309)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, flyingguitaristsam said:

It looks like from the takeoff video that Aerosoft was able to get an accurate ground effect for the CRJ. Is this indeed the case? It looks to be the first airliner in MSFS that doesn't spring up off the ground as soon as the nose lifts up an inch which makes me even more excited.

I was looking for this as well because yes, the airliners so far in MSFS does exactly that, spring off the ground.  I can't tell from this video if that is the case with the crj though.  

4 hours ago, The Dude said:

No new video today. I have to do a full re-install of MSFS. And since we have more time to test now I also have to do some testing again. Maybe friday or else during the weekend you can expect something new. 

The plan was to have all videos ready for the release and that will still happen. After seeing all that feedback about the APU and the checklist goof up I will probably do the last two videos again. 

Whats the reason behind full reinstall btw? Is there any base issues with the new Hotfix on MSFS? 😊

• Deputy Sheriffs
5 minutes ago, kberg said:

Whats the reason behind full reinstall btw? Is there any base issues with the new Hotfix on MSFS? 😊

No, it is a thing I do with all simulators where I also do testing for add ons. Just to make sure it is not something unique to my setup when I think I see a bug. We had so many lost hours trying to find the reason for a "bug" when in the end it was caused by a different add on or some old stuff still floating around post un-installing.

See it as a sort of spring cleaning. ;)

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Not sure if mentioned but there was a small bug revealed in the Takeoff video. Seat belt light was ON longer than normal due to clouds but cabin crew announced that they'll be serving sandwiches. They should wait for the seat belt lights to turn OFF. :) 

52 minutes ago, The Dude said:

No, it is a thing I do with all simulators where I also do testing for add ons. Just to make sure it is not something unique to my setup when I think I see a bug. We had so many lost hours trying to find the reason for a "bug" when in the end it was caused by a different add on or some old stuff still floating around post un-installing.

See it as a sort of spring cleaning. ;)

Understood :)

Hi there. I was eagerly awaiting this plane although I'm a more casual player (e.g. starting on runway).

From what I've read on the microsoft forums it seems that you CANNOT plan your flights in the insim planner and just start on the runway and everything is setup. Is this true?

Regards

Fori

On 22.2.2021 at 16:04, Mathijs Kok sagte:
On 22.2.2021 at 16:00, simon747 sagte:

Did you guys manage to find out about using the default MS Flightsim 2020 flight planner use with the CRJ?  

They can't be imported, you will really have to do it like a real pilot does. Again, this is a commuter, not flightplans of many pages so not a real issue in our mind. Also behind this decision is that we are forced to use our own navdata database and that might now be the same database as the default sim.

So this is the last information on that topic.

I'd like to see this implemented aswell in the future if it's somehow possible but for now you're right: It wont be possible on release.