• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Dear friends, we are really sorry this message is released later then we hoped.   We are excited to announce that the Aerosoft CRJ 550/700 for the Microsoft Flight Simulator will be released

I will add my support to Mathijs sentiment here.  One of the things we constantly try to snuff out is this popular meme that developers are all in competition with one another like newspaper barkers o

My sincerest apologies for this situation - it was a couple members of our team who exercised rather poor judgement, and they have been spoken to. I assure you this won't happen again. We have the hig

Posted Images

• CRJ Forum Moderator
4 hours ago, John McRobbie said:

You said disarm reverse thrust but you weren't in reverse thrust 

On the CRJ, the reverse thrust cannot be deployed unless the system is armed. This is done with two toggle switches on the center console. The switches are armed before takeoff in case a takeoff abort has to be performed. Once the aircraft is in the air, the arming switches are turned off. They would normally be put back in the arm mode during the approach so that the reversers can be deployed after landing.

The arming switches are actually an sign of the the airplane’s ancestry. The original aircraft design that eventually became the Challenger, and was later lengthened into the first CRJ, came from Bill Lear of Learjet fame, and Learjets have always used thrust reverser arming switches.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

What are people's favorite CRJ7 liveries?  In my opinion, the two sexiest liveries ever are no longer with us, unfortunately.  They were the original American Eagle livery, and the United Rising Blue livery.  The CRJ7 looked so sharp in both of them.  Would love to see these added to the livery list.

American_Eagle.jpg

COPYRIGHT PROTECTED MATERIAL REMOVED!

Please add only links!

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1
1 minute ago, ual763 said:

What are people's favorite CRJ7 liveries?  In my opinion, the two sexiest liveries ever are no longer with us, unfortunately.  They were the original American Eagle livery, and the United Rising Blue livery.  The CRJ7 looked so sharp in both of them.  Would love to see these added to the livery list.

American_Eagle.jpg

UnitedExpress.jpg

Agreed, the original AE livery was included in the FSX version, and I was able to download the United version from the forums. I’m sure these will be available rather quickly.

• Like 1

Thanks for posting the nice images of your favorite CRJ liveries.  Maybe now that we have beat the APU into the ground and we still have a full two weeks to wait for the official release we can cuss and discuss possible repaints from around the world.

I am hoping we end up with a full house of CRJ repaints - both real and unreal, active and retired.

Regards,

• Upvote 1
32 minutes ago, ual763 said:

American_Eagle.jpg

UnitedExpress.jpg

I love the original Eagle livery! My hands down all time favorite CRJ livery is America West Express (photo linked below... not sure how to do the fancy embedded image from airliners.net). Mesa Air was one of the early adopters of the CRJ stretches and took delivery of the 700 and 900 long before scope clauses allowed most US carriers to add them to their regional partner fleets.

https://www.airliners.net/photo/America-West-Express-Mesa-Airlines/Bombardier-CRJ-701ER-CL-600-2C10/485422/L?qsp=eJwtjD0OwjAMhe/iuUuKqKAbvQAMXMByDEQKbWR7oKp6d5zA9v6%2BtwEts/HH7mthGEEZhV7QQUHBt8K4ASYhwYdNqIl%2Bs/44nLta5DRX6hT64IwuYtPqPqLxhYiLcfznV4kstWKldv90MLhguTUNh8HzmLRkbB9smDLs%2BxdlyDUj

• Upvote 1
11 minutes ago, N651EB said:

I love the original Eagle livery! My hands down all time favorite CRJ livery is America West Express (photo linked below... not sure how to do the fancy embedded image from airliners.net). Mesa Air was one of the early adopters of the CRJ stretches and took delivery of the 700 and 900 long before scope clauses allowed most US carriers to add them to their regional partner fleets.

https://www.airliners.net/photo/America-West-Express-Mesa-Airlines/Bombardier-CRJ-701ER-CL-600-2C10/485422/L?qsp=eJwtjD0OwjAMhe/iuUuKqKAbvQAMXMByDEQKbWR7oKp6d5zA9v6%2BtwEts/HH7mthGEEZhV7QQUHBt8K4ASYhwYdNqIl%2Bs/44nLta5DRX6hT64IwuYtPqPqLxhYiLcfznV4kstWKldv90MLhguTUNh8HzmLRkbB9smDLs%2BxdlyDUj

Ohhh yes!!!! I completely forgot about AW.  They were an amazing airline w/ an amazing livery!

1 hour ago, ual763 said:

American_Eagle.jpg

UnitedExpress.jpg

Never realized how unique and cool the slats were until seeing these images.

• Upvote 1
5 minutes ago, signmanbob said:

Has it been said how many liveries will be available when the CRJ is released March 16th?

Not yet.  We only know the ones we've seen in previews. So Delta, Lufthansa, current American Connection, & current United Express GoJet 550.

49 minutes ago, ual763 said:

Not yet.  We only know the ones we've seen in previews. So Delta, Lufthansa, current American Connection, & current United Express GoJet 550.

We also saw the retro Alaskan livery. :) 

• Upvote 1
18 minutes ago, sgmoore3617 said:

We also saw the retro Alaskan livery. :) 

Oohh nice!  That is our first confirmed retro!  Gives me hope for quite a few more!  

If you look at this list of CRJ-700 operators, there weren't actually that many of them. 

List of Bombardier CRJ operators - Wikipedia

Only about 18.  So, tbh, I wouldn't be at all surprised to get every CRJ-700 livery from that list.  Granted, a few of those airlines have had multiple liveries.  Aerosoft has already surprised us big time so far.  I wouldn't put a few more surprises past them. 

1 hour ago, ual763 said:

Also HOP!  We've seen that one as well...would love to get SkyWest as well for the -700 and ExpressJet, Nostrum, SAS for the -900, & the new Lufthansa livery for all applicable CityLine.

• Upvote 1
  • Deputy Sheriffs
2 hours ago, guilherme1234 said:

It will be offered in the MFS store directly in the game?

Yes, it will be in the MFS Store and in the Aerosoft.com Store.

• Like 1

Not sure if this had been asked, how would Navigraph interact with CRJ?

I understand that the aircraft ship with latest navdata, so I suppose it would be a separate place to store the navdata and that we have to put the navdata into the addon folder instead of the community folder.

• Deputy Sheriffs
11 minutes ago, aves421 said:

Not sure if this had been asked, how would Navigraph interact with CRJ?

Just a hint:

image.png

and then scroll through the search results until you find a post from Mathijs.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
vor 6 Stunden , ual763 sagte:

American_Eagle.jpg

COPYRIGHT PROTECTED MATERIAL REMOVED!

Please add only links!

Yep I think this one is the best out there ;) Good choice :D 

vor 8 Stunden , The Dude sagte:

There is no right or wrong perse here. One thing I would like to say though is that there are many many many different SOPs out there IRL. Just because someone knows one of them does not mean that every other one is false or incorrect. 

I couldn't agree more with you on that. The most important two "bibles" in an airline are the OM-A and OM-B (Operating Manual Part A, Part B). For example Part A contains  everything which is not airplane related. But also has to comply with authority regulations... like crew compostion or qualification and so on.

Part B contains everything which is aircraft related and has to comply with manufacturer specifications. THIS manual actually contains all the SOPs (Standard Operating Procedures) how your airline wants you (the flight crew) to operate the specific aircraft type. So you can imagine how many different OM-Bs and therefore procedures are out there for certain aircraft types.

So for exapmle if a procedure in airline A says that you have to switch something on or off at a certain point, it doesn't mean that airline B or C does it the same way. As long as the aircraft manufacturer is ok with these procedures, you can alter them to your needs.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

Would be happy to get an Shree Airlines livery.

As I love flying in high terrain (Nepal) the CRJ 700 is a good choice for some domestic routes until we get the Twin Otter and I can fly to Lukla. 

https://www.jetphotos.com/photo/9530306

If this one is not included in the basepack, I hope there are some skilled people which can do it.

As I'm not familiar wit the CRJ, is there also an option on the displays to see the terrain like on the A320 ?

vor 52 Minuten, YetiAir sagte:

Would be happy to get an Shree Airlines livery.

Tbh I've never heard of this airline but you are right this is also a lovely livery I'd like to fly around with.

vor 39 Minuten, ModsWanted sagte:

So for exapmle if a procedure in airline A says that you have to switch something on or off at a certain point, it doesn't mean that airline B or C does it the same way. As long as the aircraft manufacturer is ok with these procedures, you can alter them to your needs.

Very good explination. Thanks. 🏆