Aerosoft Aircraft: CRJ

Hans Hartmann

• Deputy Sheriffs
3 minutes ago, atco said:

I hate to say this, but I already posted that answer back on Page 156:
"Just prior to lining up you say "check the departure sector is clear", it should be the "approach sector is clear" as  taxiway D at EDLP means nobody could be lining up or departing to your left as you are at the start of the runway. "

Sorry about that, there were so many post these last few hours. I must have missed yours. Congratulations!

• Like 5

1 minute ago, The Dude said:

Sorry about that, there were so many post these last few hours. I must have missed yours. Congratulations!

No problem at all, I figured as much!
Literally the first time I have ever won anything in my life!

• Like 2
  • Upvote 5

Hi Mathijs, I'm happy to hear that you did not explode and hope that you and your team are able to get some rest now! However, I have one question, is there a specific time for the release on March 16th?

vor 20 Minuten, EasternT3 sagte:

Unfortunately with anything in life everyone/everything has haters, I don’t get why people are negative but hey-ho, in this case if you don’t like the MSFS/CRJ just move along 

That's sad but true :( But hey we still have our admins around here ;) and they have the force of the ban hammer 💪

Banned Admin GIF - Banned Admin Thor - Discover & Share GIFs

Source: https://tenor.com/view/banned-admin-thor-landing-fighting-gif-16387936

• Like 1

• Developer
6 minutes ago, ArcticMarkus said:

Looking forward to crashing the forum again on March 16th  😎

Well, we're working hard to make sure you're busy with something else on this day 😉

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

vor 18 Minuten, atco sagte:

No problem at all, I figured as much!
Literally the first time I have ever won anything in my life!

I just missed your answer as I searched if somebody already answered... Congrats

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, MisterPaddo said:

However, I have one question, is there a specific time for the release on March 16th

Good point - I need to know what time to schedule my Mathijs email for ;) 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Alexander Pressley said:

I'm not the guy making those videos. I'm just someone else that flies this plane professionally and like to spread some helpful knowledge to those who want to fly it realistically.

Sounds good! Always appreciated 

16 minutes ago, The Dude said:

It has been a fun ride for me. One thing i will never ever do again is ask people on the internet to look for mistakes in my videos ;)

But hey, we did find something to do until 21:00 CET apart from talking about APU ops and delayed announcements, now didn't we :) 

Just to come back to the subject of the APU being ON until FL100. Back in the day when CRJ 100-200's were more common this was a standard SOP for many airlines. Nowadays we have more 7/9/1K CRJs and with the fuel prices being what they are APU OFF after engine start is the way to go. The tutorial will let you shut down the APU after engine start but I wanted to do the APU ON until FL100. One of the privileges when you make your own videos. ;) There is no right or wrong perse here. One thing I would like to say though is that there are many many many different SOPs out there IRL. Just because someone knows one of them does not mean that every other one is false or incorrect. 

I will contact the two lucky winners when the CRJ is about to get released for their free copies. Thanks everybody for participating!

That's kind of what I'm trying to get across to people on here. And I get it's a foreign concept to people who don't actually work in the industry but every operator has their own callouts and procedures to flying these, and really any, planes. Based in part on aircraft they've flown in the past as a way of simplifying training across all fleet types. There seems to be an idea that there is only one way to fly these planes, when in reality every single airline flies them differently to an extent.

• Upvote 2

12 minutes ago, SK10 said:

I just missed your answer as I searched if somebody already answered... Congrats

Thank you, very gracious. There were so many posts it was very difficult for anyone to keep track of it all. Before I have my Canadian citizenship revoked I should give you my apologies!

• Like 4

vor 2 Minuten, Alexander Pressley sagte:

That's kind of what I'm trying to get across to people on here. And I get it's a foreign concept to people who don't actually work in the industry but every operator has their own callouts and procedures to flying these, and really any, planes. Based in part on aircraft they've flown in the past as a way of simplifying training across all fleet types. There seems to be an idea that there is only one way to fly these planes, when in reality every single airline flies them differently to an extent.

Yep that's a bit like car driving. In driving school you learn the theory but what you do on the road is another topic. Theoreticly there should only be one way to drive but reality shows us something else 😜

vor 11 Minuten, atco sagte:

Thank you, very gracious. There were so many posts it was very difficult for anyone to keep track of it all. Before I have my Canadian citizenship revoked I should give you my apologies!

You are the deserved winner..enjoy the CRJ

• Like 1