Aerosoft Aircraft: CRJ

Hans Hartmann

1 minute ago, Citation X said:

Do you guys recommend I get the CRJ from the marketplace or from Aerosoft directly?

I would say Marketplace, even if it's not perfect yet, it's one click install and one click update

• Administrator
2 minutes ago, Citation X said:

Do you guys recommend I get the CRJ from the marketplace or from Aerosoft directly?

If you buy directly from Aerosoft you'll be first in line to get updates as other vendors often take a short while until they have them available (see a certain other release from last friday).

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Citation X said:

I would say Aerosoft for the updates. Even though the release is on the same day I would think the updates will be the same as all other products, so you might be waiting weeks for any updates 

I would personally recommend Aerosoft because you will get updates much faster if the process is the same as other addons.

• Like 1

When buying from the marketplace Microsoft get a comission, so basically decide who you want to give your money to... Also I think you get updates faster if you buy from the AS store.

2 minutes ago, DFWSupertrooper said:

When there's an option, I always go with the vendor directly.

• Easier proof of purchase
  • Faster updates
  • Customizable features and storage sometimes
  • Direct support (sometimes a link for a hotfix file, etc)
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Just now, DFWSupertrooper said:
  • Faster updates

Exactly.

vor 4 Minuten, Citation X sagte:

Here is a list of points you should be aware of :) Maybe this helps you to make the right decision ;) 

On 13.2.2021 at 15:49, M4V3R1CK sagte:

A purchase via the marketplace is in my opinion only interessting if you prefer having one place for all your addons. But there a some points you should be aware of:

1) Not all addons will be available in the MSFS marketplace

2) Updates usually take longer until you can install them from the marketplace compared to traditional methods.

3) Prices on sale are higher than on the dev websites or stores like Aerosoft.

4) Developers have to pay high fees in the marketplace. So if you want to help them buy directly from their websites or partner stores ;) 

Thank you Aerosoft for taking into account, that with a earlier release I would have missed all my finals this term :D

For real, I am quite happy with the day and looking forward to it. If I may ask, what was the initial release day someone guessed right?

1 minute ago, DFWSupertrooper said:
  • Faster updates

But if you have multiple addons from various vendors, it's a nightmare if one day you need a fresh install. Been this path on FSX, no more.

gerade, Wuper sagte:

No lack of activity in these forums now. Lol

Absolutely. So many new users joined the conversation the last few days 👍 And I bet there are more to come once people see that the release is in 2 weeks 👌  

• Like 1

Just now, Fynus said:

Thank you Aerosoft for taking into account, that with a earlier release I would have missed all my finals this term :D

They barely missed my week long school break though, and nearly hit my finals. For someone to have good luck someone else has to have worse luck I guess. I'm still happy though, at the end of the day I'll get to fly her like... A lot in the future.

• Like 1

I am happy to hear this good news. 

I was going to ask about the paint kit which has been answered. And I am sure that the download would come with a couple of liveries .. I hope. If its not,  not a biggie..

The focus would be learning to fly a new airliner.

vor 1 minute, Wuper sagte:

To be fair though, I wouldn't have answered if I saw the other 3 billion responses haha.

Guess they were sent while I was typing.

Same here. I just search my post from February and it took a while. :D 

3 minutes ago, bendead said:

But if you have multiple addons from various vendors, it's a nightmare if one day you need a fresh install. Been this path on FSX, no more.

Ture, but it's not as bad now.  If you stick to Contrail, FSDT, Orbx Direct, Aerosoft, & SimMarket, you can catch all the great ones.

EDIT: Also I create a subfolder for emails that are ONLY purchase links and information, so I just have to search by the product worst case scenario.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, bendead said:

I do see the positives but I found the difference compared to FSX is its not as hard now because of how good and functional Orbx Central/Contrail etc are. Just need an Aerosoft one now 

1 minute ago, M4V3R1CK said:

Absolutely. So many new users joined the conversation the last few days 👍 And I bet there are more to come once people see that the release is in 2 weeks 👌  

Haha, now we'll be "oldtimers" from a few months ago. (Creaky voice) "Back in my day we believed the CRJ would be released before Christmas".

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, DFWSupertrooper said:

EDIT: Also I create a subfolder for emails that are ONLY purchase links and information, so I just have to search by the product worst case scenario.

I think I'll have to steal your strategy there sir! I just search for them in my inbox whenever I need to reinstall.

• Like 1

vor 1 minute, riskas123 sagte:

They barely missed my week long school break though, and nearly hit my finals. For someone to have good luck someone else has to have worse luck I guess. I'm still happy though, at the end of the day I'll get to fly her like... A lot in the future.

I know that situation too well. Last week i had some exams so I was very happy that the release wasn't around the corner at that time although we all would have loved to have the CRJ in our fleet last week :D