Aerosoft Aircraft: CRJ

Hans Hartmann

• Deputy Sheriffs
3 minutes ago, Veikko said:

"Wind coming from the left.. RIGHT turn would make sense" -> LEFT turn would make sense

We have one of the winners here!

• Like 3

Imagine all these arm chair sim pilots telling someone how to fly and what they do wrong. I call all you fake pilots out. If you are real and fly into KPHL, I am fueler. Look me up. I will verify you know what you are actually talking about. I have been a pilot for united. You can find me on vatsim too. Enjoy your fake piloting experience and let this guy do his videos. We all know you never make mistakes. Finally everyone can stop crying about the release info.  Thank you Aerosoft for all the products you give us.  

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 18

42 minutes ago, The Dude said:

To make the waiting a bit less boring we came up with a little contest. In my next video I made two "mistakes" on purpose. It is up to you to spot these two mistakes and the first two persons that get one right will get a free CRJ. The rules are simple; everybody has one chance to answer and it may only be one answer, even if you spot both two mistakes. You may only submit one of the mistakes you see. Answer both and you are disqualified ;) 

Because I made this video in one take I made some "honest" mistakes and these do not count. When I say we will read the TAXI checklist I read the BEFORE TAKE OFF checklist. And when I say our MACH is 0.79 at the end of the video I mean 0.69 ofcourse. The "mistakes" you are looking for is about something I say, not what I do.

In a few hours I will be back to check if both are found. Have fun and good luck! 

We start the timer.. and it’s OFF -> and it’s ON. At around 9:15 in the video.

1 hour ago, The Dude said:

To make the waiting a bit less boring we came up with a little contest. In my next video I made two "mistakes" on purpose. It is up to you to spot these two mistakes and the first two persons that get one right will get a free CRJ. The rules are simple; everybody has one chance to answer and it may only be one answer, even if you spot both two mistakes. You may only submit one of the mistakes you see. Answer both and you are disqualified ;) 

Because I made this video in one take I made some "honest" mistakes and these do not count. When I say we will read the TAXI checklist I read the BEFORE TAKE OFF checklist. And when I say our MACH is 0.79 at the end of the video I mean 0.69 ofcourse. The "mistakes" you are looking for is about something I say, not what I do.

In a few hours I will be back to check if both are found. Have fun and good luck! 

My final guess is you said flap 1 retraction speed is Vfto MINUS 15 when it should've been Vfto PLUS 15.

Edit: I only say this because the tutorial says you do full retraction at 200 kts, which, in this case, is Vt + 15 (185+15).

7 minutes ago, Mathijs Kok said:

Dear friends, we are really sorry this message is released later then we hoped.

We are excited to announce that the Aerosoft CRJ 550/700 for the Microsoft Flight Simulator will be released on Tuesday March 16, 2021 as the first complex and highly detailed aircraft expansion. The expansion will be available as a download from the Aerosoft Shop and the Microsoft Flight Simulator Marketplace at the same time.

Best news so far, thanks alot for the announcement... Perfect timing for where i work exactly the day after the salary 🤑

Was the price decided or did i miss it in earlier posts?

Have a wonderful night Aerosoft team

Just now, RRVagabond said:

Prior to take off you explain that you must confirm your Nav source is in FMS mode, and you repeat “this is the mode with white needles” to my knowledge the color white traditionally means an “armed mode” and magenta traditionally means “gps/fms” mode.

Therefore my guess: You intentionally mis- identified the desired mode color. 

Im not a pro on the CRJ though- just leaning on some industry experience. May be totally out to lunch. 

No, when using the FMS in the CRJ the CDI is white what we call "white needles" when we put our approach frequency into the active AND are within 30 miles of the destination airport we will get both white and blue needles what we call "I'm going blue, or I've got blue" good way to check that the FMS agrees with that frequency for the approach. If you don't get blue something is wrong. Note that the Nextgen CRJ's will auto tune the approach frequency when within 30 miles so they will automatically become blue as you near the airport. And finally when we switch our CDI course from the FMS to our nav frequency the CDI will become green. What we call "going Green". 

• Like 1

@The Dude You say that you always have to center your hdg bug and fail your check ride if not doing this. 
I guess it can be helpful to do it sometimes, but i would say it’s not a check ride criteria. 

2 minutes ago, riskas123 said:

You totally blinded the ground crew with your taxilight, it's an SOP in some airlines to turn away first as a courtesy to not make the groundcrew see rainbows for a few seconds.

If the rampers make me wait 20 mins to bring me in I leave it on. Show up on time and I'll be nice. ;)

vor 48 Minuten, The Dude sagte:

Minute 18:22 You didnt put the thrustlevers back on climb

1 minute ago, Alexander Pressley said:

No, when using the FMS in the CRJ the CDI is white what we call "white needles" when we put our approach frequency into the active AND are within 30 miles of the destination airport we will get both white and blue needles what we call "I'm going blue, or I've got blue" good way to check that the FMS agrees with that frequency for the approach. If you don't get blue something is wrong. Note that the Nextgen CRJ's will auto tune the approach frequency when within 30 miles so they will automatically become blue as you near the airport. And finally when we switch our CDI course from the FMS to our nav frequency the CDI will become green. What we call "going Green". 

Soooo- to be clear I won’t be getting the free copy of the CRJ? 

Thanks for the detailed response- will be a fun plane to learn, very different than anything I have ever been on.

48 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Just in case my reply got missed, Flaps 8 minimum retraction speed is V2+20 KIAS, not V2+12 as the Dude claimed.

• Root Admin
Just now, daan_vb said:

Why such a long wait if it’s ready to be released?

Because a release of this magnitude is complex. Many shops and many marketing departments need to align. This is all rather special. 

• Like 4

Just now, RRVagabond said:

Soooo- to be clear I won’t be getting the free copy of the CRJ? 

Thanks for the detailed response- will be a fun plane to learn, very different than anything I have ever been on.

I'm not the guy making those videos. I'm just someone else that flies this plane professionally and like to spread some helpful knowledge to those who want to fly it realistically.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1