Aerosoft Aircraft: CRJ

Hans Hartmann

I really look forward for this addon, also knowing the quality level at which Hans, Stefan & co are used to deliver.

As much as I like MSFS2020 for it´s great graphics and performance (at least with the few addon airports and default aircraft I have), what really still keeps me at P3D, are the lack of complex aircraft, especially commercial airliners in MSFS2020

Until now, no decent addon aircraft has been released for MSFS2020.

The few 3rd party aircraft available are mostly using the default MSFS2020 Garmin glasscockpits, which misses alot of functions and have many bugs.

So I guess the Aerosoft CRJ's will be the first complex aircraft addon that really will put MSFS2020 to it´s test.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Mathijs Kok said:

We have the stairs of course, and jetways should work when and where the simulator offers them

Glad to here that! Even more excited now that I know the jetways will work with the plane. Now my only thing I have left to do, is plan where my first flight in the CRJ will be

Anyone else just keep checking this topic for new information, screenshots, etc.? Lol!

I do appreciate the kind pricing model. Saves me some money, I would still buy it for probably $80 max if it lives up to its standard. But only $50 is a huge plus. I’m so excited to fly a complex aircraft in MSFS. The A320 is fun but after awhile you gotta switch things up, plus its not quite ready yet.

We’re all counting on the release soon (before christmas? :P)

1 hour ago, Wuper said:

Anyone else just keep checking this topic for new information, screenshots, etc.? Lol!

I do appreciate the kind pricing model. Saves me some money, I would still buy it for probably $80 max if it lives up to its standard. But only $50 is a huge plus. I’m so excited to fly a complex aircraft in MSFS. The A320 is fun but after awhile you gotta switch things up, plus its not quite ready yet.

We’re all counting on the release soon (before christmas? :P)

Oh yah I keep checking this topic multiple times a day these days. Also I’m in the same boat with the A320, I fly it around everywhere but a nice change on planes is good, and the CRJ is perfect for that. 
As for the date, I think I read some where earlier that they hope to have it out by the holidays but we’re not going to give specific dates in case something happened and it had to be delayed.

As many may be aware the autopilot issues in MSFS have worsened since the last patch, basically all aircraft are affected. There are patches (FBW, workingtitle ) to mitigate the problems for some, but this thread on avsim.com indicates that there are fundamental flaws with the hard coded ap controls that can only be overcome by ASOBO and will impact even third party aircraft with custom autopilot. Can you comment on how your upcoming CRJ will or (hopefully) will not be affected?

I didn't read the whole thread, but some words like totally unusable and so on... For about a month I only use the FS2020 for flightsimulating (or gaming, entertaining myself; that was the intention of MS flightsimulators in former times: entertainment) with the A32NX FBW-mod and its latest build, for what I'm looking every two days. Flightplanes are made with PFPX and injecting my flightplan is accomplished via Aivla EFB V2. I never lost my AP, the plane flies like a charme. Sometimes it looses a waypoint, and its vertikal profil is not the best one because it doesn't have its own autopilot yet. But for correcting and handling of these two items I can use Aivla perfectely.

For a standardplane the AP works well, like it did in FSX too.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Tom_L said:

Well, the mentioned thread - and there especially Robert Young (former RealAir developer) in this post - over at Avsim indicates that it might not be possible in the current state of the sim, hence my question.

Considering what the folks at flybywire achieved, the post above feels a bit... full of it, to be bluntly honest. The latest dev version of their a320 suffers from no problems of the sort described, so yes, a lot can be done. The whole "keep the pressure" thing is also pretty petty, as it seems to imply that Asobo isn't interested in solving the issues without "pressure," which is silly and chuckleworthy to say the least to anyone who has dealt with game developers for any relevant period of time (and due to my job, I do that a lot).

It's also funny to see a few third-party developers behaving like this is their first rodeo and never experienced a flight simulator at launch. None of the issues MSFS suffers from is new or should be surprising to anyone that was around when FSX, P3D, or X-Plane launched. This kind of product is extremely complex and simulates things other games don't even come close to. Launch issues are endemic of the genre, and Asobo is actually being faster and more effective than what we've seen from previous developers at tackling them. 

Mathijs identified the problem with some devs groaning about MSFS quite correctly here. It's a good read.

• Like 7
  • Upvote 5

• Root Admin
7 hours ago, Tom_L said:

Well, the mentioned thread - and there especially Robert Young (former RealAir developer) in this post - over at Avsim indicates that it might not be possible in the current state of the sim, hence my question.

Well then he will be surprised.  Honestly, the amount of misinformation shared is impressive. 

• Like 7
  • Upvote 4

3 hours ago, Abriael said:

Its weird because even a cursory glance at the SDK and development opportunities means you can develop you're own AP and flight model entirely independently from MS's default. At that point you can put custom table data in etc to get it right. Fly by wire are demonstrating this will be their custom FBW work, which is a huge leap ahead of the default they were using.

• Root Admin
1 hour ago, PRO-PILOT said:

seems release is very very very soon

Don't start to hit F5 now.  There is at least one issue we really need Asobo's help on to fix. But that is a lot better then 2 weeks back! Heck it is a lot better then 36 hours ago.

It's now Saturday evening 21:05 and  most of the team is still working. They will start early tomorrow.  

• Like 8

18 minutes ago, Mathijs Kok said:

Don't start to hit F5 now.  There is at least one issue we really need Asobo's help on to fix. But that is a lot better then 2 weeks back!

It's now Saturday evening 21:05 and  most of the team is still working. They will start early tomorrow.  

As someone who is also working at 9:17 PM on a Saturday and will work tomorrow, like every weekend, ya'll have my respect. 

• Root Admin

I will try to send out new images every day.  These are rather special as they show stuff that a few days ago was not possible. You honestly have no idea how time critical this project is. 

picturemessage_5rdqof1o.ohe.png

Is it me of does this look like a scene from Casablanca? As we keep saying, this game engine is just fantastic.

picturemessage_sxp4gsz5.jl4.png

picturemessage_x24pwwcc.mgt.png

picturemessage_wd1didp1.qud.png

First open doors in the sim I think.

Believe me, in P3D this might all be standard, but in MFS this is a big deal. 

• Like 9
  • Thanks 3
  • Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, Mathijs Kok said:

I will try to send out new images every day.  These are rather special as they show stuff that a few days ago was not possible. You honestly have no idea how time critical this project is. 

Is it me of does this look like a scene from Casablanca? As we keep saying this game engine is just fantastic.

First open doors in the sim I think.

Believe me, in P3D this might all be standard, but in MFS this is a big deal. 

Looks fantastic. By the way, will the HUD work?