Just now, BritishAvgeek said:

So the APU is switched off prior to departure then? I thought the dude said to leave it on to FL100 - don't want to get it wrong haha

I think it's SOP specific, the SOP fs2crew uses has the APU turned off in the after start flow

• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Dear friends, we are really sorry this message is released later then we hoped.   We are excited to announce that the Aerosoft CRJ 550/700 for the Microsoft Flight Simulator will be released

I will add my support to Mathijs sentiment here.  One of the things we constantly try to snuff out is this popular meme that developers are all in competition with one another like newspaper barkers o

My sincerest apologies for this situation - it was a couple members of our team who exercised rather poor judgement, and they have been spoken to. I assure you this won't happen again. We have the hig

Posted Images

1 minute ago, BritishAvgeek said:

So the APU is switched off prior to departure then? I thought the dude said to leave it on to FL100 - don't want to get it wrong haha

Worst case scenario you get a little bit of extra takeoff thrust ;)

• Like 2
5 minutes ago, BritishAvgeek said:

There is no need to leave the APU on until 10K in the CRJ 700/900/1000. His company may have a procedure to simplify flying between the 200 and the others but that would be a company only thing. There is no mechanical reason to leave the APU on like that for the aircraft. When we do have the apu on for takeoff for the performance we will turn it off once the bleeds auto transfer to the engines which happens after the gear and flaps are up. There is a lot of things that are done differently between airlines we all do not fly the aircraft in the same way at all. There is a well known carrier in the US that will turn the packs off for engine start even though the aircraft will do that for you.

3 minutes ago, Mathijs Kok said:

I am, but not chuckling.  In fact I am about to explode from utter frustration. 
We are waiting for some information before we can make our announcement. 

I don't know if I am more anxious about the announcement or curious about the reason why it's taking so long

1 minute ago, flightlevel700 said:

Worst case scenario you get a little bit of extra takeoff thrust ;)

Now the question will be does the T/O Perf calculator on the tablet have an option for APU on/off departures?  I’d read the manuals but then I’d miss the fun here.

• Administrator
1 minute ago, vjcarlo said:

Don't worry about the delay Mathijs.. I'm sure we all need a few more hours to discuss the APU anyways...

Alternatively, you could sign yourself up for CatFacts and drive yourself insane

• Like 2
7 minutes ago, Mathijs Kok said:

I am, but not chuckling.  In fact I am about to explode from utter frustration. 
We are waiting for some information before we can make our announcement. 

It seems that you have not made all the preparations.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 9
17 minutes ago, Chock said:

There are a few reasons to use the APU in that stage of flight. If you use it for non-flight systems such as cabin or anti-icing, the engines can deliver more power for take off or climb, which can reduce the take off lenght amongst other things. It also keep the temperatures down on the engines and reduces the wear and tear on them.

The bleed air off of the APU can never be used for anti-icing. The logic in the system will not allow it.

• Root Admin
4 minutes ago, xiao8080 said:

Oh my friend we did, believe me. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2
  • Root Admin
1 minute ago, bigbluss said:

Noticed the website is starting to slow down a lot, guessing you guys are getting some traffic!

Yes, indeed. stop reading, go and do something useful. Feed the cat. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1
7 minutes ago, xiao8080 said:

Did you ever happen to be in a situation where not everything is under your control? If not, you re probably the luckiest person alive. 

• Root Admin

Friends, the forum did not go down, it was a firewall that overloaded.  Same effect of course but somebody on Facebook already mentioned we put it down to avoid problems. We were thinking Reddit would win that race.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Upvote 5