Aerosoft Aircraft: CRJ

Hans Hartmann

2 minutes ago, CptCanada said:

He did indeed! I also found this quite interesting :)

Yeah, No way that's good when it comes to fuel prices etc. It did also say "Virtual fuel virtually doesn't cost any mony" in the manual Vol 3. I think they're a bit ironic about the whole fuel saving thing. 

There are a few reasons to use the APU in that stage of flight. If you use it for non-flight systems such as cabin or anti-icing, the engines can deliver more power for take off or climb, which can reduce the take off lenght amongst other things. It also keep the temperatures down on the engines and reduces the wear and tear on them.

• Like 2

Just now, riskas123 said:

If he Sent that mail a few weeks ago and Aerosoft approved it he probably allready knows... 

lol, I get no special treatment my friend. I'm a member of the community, just like everyone else :)

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, crowmium said:

Sounds like there's a few of us in the area! Might be interesting to do a meetup. There's that restaurant at the airport now (though its pricey).

I would be all over that. We should arrange a meet up. Sounds like a fun time.

• Like 1

• Root Admin
27 minutes ago, EasternT3 said:

I know he'll be busy but I wonder if @Mathijs Kok is monitoring the forum and chuckling to himself about how we are all impatiently waiting for the announcement

I am, but not chuckling.  In fact I am about to explode from utter frustration. 
We are waiting for some information before we can make our announcement. 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, flyingguitaristsam said:

I have heard in the CRJ-200, sometimes the APU is left on til 10,000 for bleed air reasons. Not sure if this applies to the -700/-900 or if it's a company thing

This is because the Thrust reversers are pneumatically operated on the 200. So air must be used in order for them to deploy. On the 700/900/1000 they are hydraulically deployed and therefore we don't leave the APU on for takeoff. The only time we would is when we need to perform a bleeds off takeoff for performance or if we had an MEL item such as an inop IDG.

Just now, Mathijs Kok said:

oh

1 minute ago, Mathijs Kok said:

There's always wine. Or stronger stuff.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Just now, Alexander Pressley said:

This is because the Thrust reversers are pneumatically operated on the 200. So air must be used in order for them to deploy. On the 700/900/1000 they are hydraulically deployed and therefore we don't leave the APU on for takeoff. The only time we would is when we need to perform a bleeds off takeoff for performance or if we had an MEL item such as an inop IDG.

So the APU is switched off prior to departure then? I thought the dude said to leave it on to FL100 - don't want to get it wrong haha

Just now, Mathijs Kok said:

Well if that's all the hold up is then okay, here is some information: The Dome of St Paul's Cathedral, is 365 feet high.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Alexander Pressley said:

Well there's your answer then. The video must be a company SOP then