Aerosoft Aircraft: CRJ

Hans Hartmann

5 minutes ago, Omar Al-Safi said:

I don't know why but I have the feeling it will be released when we have 200 pages celebration which is I bet in few days lol

It feels as if wee hit 100 pages just yesterday

3 minutes ago, Swagbasket said:

It feels as if wee hit 100 pages just yesterday

I know what you mean, when it was thought the CRJ was releasing in December we were only on page 25 ish, this sub-thread seems to have exploded in the last 4-6 weeks

I know he'll be busy but I wonder if @Mathijs Kok is monitoring the forum and chuckling to himself about how we are all impatiently waiting for the announcement

33 minutes ago, EasternT3 said:

@TheDude Can the CRJ's engines be started while pushing back or does it need to be stationary? 

Former CRJ and ERJ ramp rat here. They can be started during the push, and in my experience our CRJ700 drivers were very eager to start both 1 and 2 while rolling back. Only reason for a stationary start would be if an air start was needed, which our ERJs seemed to need more frequently than our CRJs.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, N651EB said:

Only reason for a stationary start would be if an air start was needed, which our ERJs seemed to need more frequently than our CRJs.

When is an air start required?

41 minutes ago, riskas123 said:

I think that was mostly for the video as when you push back in mfs you have to multitask a bit with the pushback and the engines, I flew on a CRJ900 once and I'm 99.999% sure they started the engines on pushback. And also the pushback in that video was fairly short, maybe he'd have started them during pushback if the pushback had taken longer.

It's not mandatory to start the engines during pushback. It's a common procedure though. Pushback default tool in MSFS is HORRIBLE and he didn't have enough space to turn, start the engine inside, etc. Plus, he wanted to do everything with calm, so everybody could learn. There is no point in discussing that. Focus in the information regarding the plane, not the entire procedure

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 6

11 hours ago, goprotexas said:

Small world! I’ve been down here in College Station since 2016. Just graduated in May of last year. 

I fly out at Easterwood almost weekly. 

Guessing you fly out of BVFS? I used to be a CFI there.

• Like 2

Just now, crowmium said:

Sounds like there's a few of us in the area! Might be interesting to do a meetup. There's that restaurant at the airport now (though its pricey).

I'm actually in Tomball, but an hour is never too far from Aggieland. 👍  Guess we are really everywhere.  LOL!

• Like 2

Got to be close now - 1600Z (now) the MSFS Hotfix patch update is going live into all our sims.... I think any minute after that we'll get an announcement surely!

Again, my terrible joke from yesterday - it's like waiting for Amazon Prime and the app says "your delivery is just a few stops away"!

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, chiquito said:

There is no point in discussing that. Focus in the information regarding the plane, not the entire procedure

I asked a question regarding the engine start procedure as I wasn't sure if the CRJ had to be stationary like the Q400, riskas123 kindly answered, we know the videos are aimed at the newer audience but even experienced guys like me still have questions, basically there's no need for a negative comment like that as there was a point to discussing it

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, DFWSupertrooper said:

I'm actually in Tomball, but an hour is never too far from Aggieland. 👍  Guess we are really everywhere.  LOL!

Former co-worker of mine is a Tomball PD officer now. I wonder if you know her? She just got hired in the last few months.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, crowmium said:

Former co-worker of mine is a Tomball PD officer now. I wonder if you know her? She just got hired in the last few months.

Feel like I'm eavesdropping on a phone call ...........or maybe a group text message ??

Just now, flightlevel700 said:

Not sure if I heard this right in the video, did he say the APU stays on until FL100, or 10,000 ft?

He did indeed! I also found this quite interesting :)

Just now, crowmium said:

Seriously?  I probably do.  I know a lot of the locals, good friends with the LT.  If she moved here from New York, I met her in our local snowmageddon several days ago...my wife took her some hot chocolate out front while she was patrolling.  God if it's her, this is too damn funny!!!

1 minute ago, CptCanada said:

He did indeed! I also found this quite interesting :)

I thought it only stays on until 10k feet if you have a problem with the engine (engine failure), but he prob knows better than us :)