Aerosoft Aircraft: CRJ

Hans Hartmann

10 minutes ago, piotrmkg said:

My guess is they will announce date around 18:00 CET and release week after simupdate 3, because Asobo will break something wih update and it will take a week to fix it.

If aerosoft has a final product, why would they delay it in anticipation of something that may not actually happen?

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Chris Torres said:

If aerosoft has a final product, why would they delay it in anticipation of something that may not actually happen?

due to the fact that asobo is known for breaking some part of an aircraft each update, I think they would want to have a flawless launch after delaying it and creating so much hype around it. They just want to not have to bring out an update on day 3 or so when the sim might break the aircraft. In my opinion 

• Upvote 6
  • Downvote 7

6 hours ago, goprotexas said:

Small world! I’ve been down here in College Station since 2016. Just graduated in May of last year. 

I fly out at Easterwood almost weekly. 

Gig 'Em!  I live in Tomball and am finishing up a Master's at the Bush School this semester.  Can't wait to check out his KCLL!!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, xiao8080 said:

Tuesday will be over in a few hours. Will there be any new news? Or a new message: "Continue to postpone the release of new messages"?

Tuesday is far from over in Germany.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Tuesday will be over in a few hours. Will there be any new news? Or a new message: "Continue to postpone the release of new messages"?

Still only mid-day in Europe ;)

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, NonstopFlying said:

I think they would want to have a flawless launch after delaying it and creating so much hype around it. They just want to not have to bring out an update on day 3 or so when the sim might break the aircraft. In my opinion 

Most games etc. nowadays have a patch almost immediately after release, some even at the time of release. And no matter how much testing Aerosoft have done (and I'm sure they've done plenty) bugs will be found shortly after release as they go from a handful of testers to 1000's of people using the aircraft, that is just inevitable. :)

Tuesday will be over in 11:26 hours Z+1 time as I write this so yeah... I think "few" isn't the good word there 

20 minutes ago, NonstopFlying said:

due to the fact that asobo is known for breaking some part of an aircraft each update, I think they would want to have a flawless launch after delaying it and creating so much hype around it. They just want to not have to bring out an update on day 3 or so when the sim might break the aircraft. In my opinion 

3rd party aircraft will very rarely be affected by these updates as they have custom flight models and code

• Upvote 2

14 minutes ago, simtom said:

I wouldn't expect an announcement until at least 1500Z (or 7 am local time in Seattle). I guess they want to announce it all at the same time.

Very good point, anywhere between 1500z and 1800z as I seem to recall Mathijs saying any release announcement will be made in Aerosoft's company time.

One think to note about the release being made in line with an Asobo update is, Mathijs has said the release date is not moving for anything, so what if Asobo delays sim update 3? At the end of the day Sim Update 20 could break the CRJ somehow and Aerosoft would have to patch it, same concept with sim update 3

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, simtom said:

I wouldn't expect an announcement until at least 1500Z (or 7 am local time in Seattle). I guess they want to announce it all at the same time.

Announce what exactly? Is there something else being announced from Asobo too?

• Downvote 1

5 minutes ago, clams said:

Just the different departments of aerosoft, marketing and the forum, media etc

26 minutes ago, clams said:

No, not Asobo but I guess that maybe Microsoft might make an announcement as well.

• Upvote 1