Aerosoft Aircraft: CRJ

Hans Hartmann

Hey @Mathijs Kok,

So now based on the CRJ, how do you feel about the MSFS SDK or shape of thing? Do you think it is ready to handle more complex airliners? The reason for my question is, there is a lot of misinformation going around in reddit, Avsim ..etc, like people claiming that SDK is not ready .. etc although we see more and more airliners announcements for MSFS, maybe if these people hearing it from you, will put this discussion of SDK is not ready to sleep 😅. I know some users are just overreacting and being Anti MSFS, knowing their favorite sim is getting less attention because of MSFS.

I think I have read this somewhere, but I cant be asked to go through 140 pages of this topic to find it. I think I read somewhere approximately how long after the initial release we will get the -900 and -1000. How long after will it be, if that info is public yet? 

vor 15 Minuten, carlson42 sagte:

I think I have read this somewhere, but I cant be asked to go through 140 pages of this topic to find it. I think I read somewhere approximately how long after the initial release we will get the -900 and -1000. How long after will it be, if that info is public yet? 

About four to  six weeks.

2 hours ago, Secondator said:

Nice article find! Not yet available however but they are planning for first deliveries in 2022.

From the article: "Laird said Thomas Global is currently working with the launch customer on development and certification of the TFD-4000, and they expect to achieve certification and first deliveries by 2022."

What's the difference in the display whether it is LCD or not if we are in a simulator?  In real life too, I looked at both cockpits in some videos/pictures and couldn't see a difference.  Is it more of something you only see with the naked eye or am I just missing something here?

55 minutes ago, carlson42 said:

image.png.861779b1394a37a114b42c21eec79654.png

What was said, couldn't find the actual forum quote though. (From FsElite)

4 minutes ago, Jaden Cuffy said:

I definitely remember seeing it in a forum post, but if Mathijs put that in a statement to FsElite then @carlson42 was correct, he/she did read it somewhere. Either that or a really lucky guess, take your pick.

6 minutes ago, flightlevel700 said:

What's the difference in the display whether it is LCD or not if we are in a simulator?  In real life too, I looked at both cockpits in some videos/pictures and couldn't see a difference.  Is it more of something you only see with the naked eye or am I just missing something here?

CRT is a curved screen (think of your old TVs in the 80s/90s and early 2000s).  LCD is completely flat.  You can clearly see the curve in the screens on the CRJ here.  Which is good, because I prefer the retro look of the CRTs!

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, flightlevel700 said:

Think of a CRT tv screen vs an LCD TV. It’s quite a jarring difference in quality.

But yes the biggest thing is the curvature.

• Like 1

vor 1 hour , Daniel Leigh sagte:

0636 hours here in Sydney, eagerly awaiting the news!!

I really feel with you. I mean Sydney is GMT+11 and here in Germany we have GMT+1 or CET which means it's still monday 22:25. So still one night to go ;) But the wait will be worth it.

• Like 3

vor 1 hour , carlson42 sagte:

vor 46 Minuten, Jaden Cuffy sagte:

So yes 6 - 12 weeks is the last information we have and here is Mathijs post from page 96 :D 

On 18.2.2021 at 23:50, Mathijs Kok sagte:
On 18.2.2021 at 21:55, CenturioRomanus sagte:

Not sure if this has already been addressed, but I haven't been able to find it. What is the expected release time of the expansion with the CRJ900/1000 after the initial release?

Tentative... between 6 and 12 weeks.

What I can say about the current status, we had only good news today and I think we are closing in on Release Candidate One.  As I said before, we will share the files with befriended websites and youtubers before release so you will see 3rd party impressions. We will also have the first video tutorials (https://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?/forum/1061-come-fly-with-me-by-the-dude/) online at that moment.  I just seen the first one and bloody hell, that is what we all need. A real CRJ pilot, just inviting you to watch over his shoulder and see what he does to fly this aircraft.  No video editing, single take. As real as it gets.  Come Fly With Me is really part of the project. As I said we do not only want to sell the files, but also teach you how to use them. From the Tutorial (https://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?/topic/159689-vol-3-tutorial-tutorial/ to the videos.  It's one package. 

When you see that online you will know you can count the days to release. Unless something goes wrong. 

23:50 local here.... Time for a glass of wine, a shower and some sleep.

vor 11 Stunden , The Dude sagte:

There is no autoland in the CRJ so it would make a lot of sense to fly manually in 1500 feet during low vis. There are numereous landing accidents that were partly caused by pilots kicking off the AP too late and not giving themselves the time needed to adjust to the current weather conditions.

Who needs autoland 😄 If you are a real pilot or at least you try to be one 😉 you will do the landing "manually" because in my opinion the landing is the best part of the flight where you can show your skills as a (in our case) sim pilot 💪 

8 minutes ago, M4V3R1CK said:

Who needs autoland 😄 If you are a real pilot or at least you try to be one 😉 you will do the landing "manually" because in my opinion the landing is the best part of the flight where you can show your skills as a (in our case) sim pilot 💪 

Best part is taking the CRJ into horrible conditions, with a ceiling of about 300 so you can barely make out the runway as you hit minimums. Such a blast, everytime.

24 minutes ago, M4V3R1CK said:

Well.. when you need to land in CATII weather... You're stuck to it...