If you cannot find the message you posted we probably moved it to the correct forum section! ×

• Root Admin
49 minutes ago, Karlo Wagstaffe said:

Is there any information about performance (FPS) that can be expected? Or min requirements for the aircraft? Just wanna know I’m able to run it okay before purchasing!

Thank you!

Stefan just did some quick test. Now settings and hardware do not really play a role as it is the comparison that counts. 

• CRJ, fully loaded on runway: 45 FPS
  • Default Airbus, fully loaded on runway: 52 fps

Now I have the idea that internal memory is important. We have all 32 Gb or more. MFS loves memory.  But all in al, we are not afraid of the performance.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Dear friends, we are really sorry this message is released later then we hoped.   We are excited to announce that the Aerosoft CRJ 550/700 for the Microsoft Flight Simulator will be released

I will add my support to Mathijs sentiment here.  One of the things we constantly try to snuff out is this popular meme that developers are all in competition with one another like newspaper barkers o

My sincerest apologies for this situation - it was a couple members of our team who exercised rather poor judgement, and they have been spoken to. I assure you this won't happen again. We have the hig

Posted Images

6 minutes ago, Mathijs Kok said:

Of course, but we work with other people, other organisations and must coordinate these things.

Mathijs, would you say this is the biggest product launch/announcement you/aerosoft have done in terms of the coordination?  

Just now, Mathijs Kok said:

Because when you decide that all partners announce it at the same time, that's what you do.

so no announcement today ? 

• Downvote 18
Just now, DGH said:

so no announcement today ? 

Mathijs already said that the announcement will be tomorrow but the release date will remain the same no matter what.

• Like 7
  • Upvote 1

K ... then I must have missed that one remark ... after all the remarks it would be today ... 

thanks for explaining ...

• Downvote 6
  • Root Admin
Just now, EasternT3 said:

Mathijs, would you say this is the biggest product launch/announcement you/aerosoft have done in terms of the coordination?  

No, I think that price for that goes to MFS itself. Dealing with the boxed release of that was incredibly complex and stressful. This was at the height of Corona panic, with printshops closed, everybody still getting used to working from home etc. And we had to have hundreds of thousands of DVD pressed. get them shipped etc. 

But this one is not far off from the boxed releases we did of X-Plane. Those are also massive releases with huge contracts with stores etc. Technically however this CRJ release is in my mind not so complex, it is more all the things that come with something so many people want to have something to say over. 

• Like 9
  • Upvote 3

Just a general question, because I love understanding how things work.....Let's assume this was a box release what is the kind of lead time you need from the manufactured version that's shipped and the release(are we talking months for example). The follow up to that with a digital release can you change things up to release date or is there a practical "hard" date beforehand    

3 minutes ago, Mathijs Kok said:

Update from the previous post

Stefan just did some quick test. Now settings and hardware do not really play a role as it is the comparison that counts. 

Now I have the idea that internal memory is important. We have all 32 Gb or more. MFS loves memory.  But all in al, we are not afraid of the performance. Interestingly enough the texture load of the CRJ is 12% less then the default Airbus. Now, okay, a larger aircraft, but still.  For people with a graphics card with a moderate amount of memory every megabyte helps!

Last bit of news... Stefan spend this weekend adding more weathering to to the VC, fingerprints etc.  Now this will be the last 'overall' images until release (we might show a menu here and there when needed). See it as a sign we get close. And feast your eyes. Click to see the images in the best resolution the forum allows. Look real close at the knobs to see the grime. It makes you want to disinfect the flight deck. 

VC_002.jpg

VC_001.jpg

VC_004.jpg

VC_005.jpg

VC_003.jpg

Too lazy to zoom in? I don't blame you, it's Monday after all, 18:00 for me so it means I can have a glass of wine, let me do it for you:

2021-03-01_17-58-43.png

I love it, can’t wait for release. 

• Like 2
10 minutes ago, Mathijs Kok said:

Now I have the idea that internal memory is important. We have all 32 Gb or more. MFS loves memory.  But all in al, we are not afraid of the performance. Interestingly enough the texture load of the CRJ is 12% less then the default Airbus. Now, okay, a larger aircraft, but still.  For people with a graphics card with a moderate amount of memory every megabyte helps!

Last bit of news... Stefan spend this weekend adding more weathering to to the VC, fingerprints etc.  Now this will be the last 'overall' images until release (we might show a menu here and there when needed). See it as a sign we get close. And feast your eyes. Click to see the images in the best resolution the forum allows. Look real close at the knobs to see the grime. It makes you want to disinfect the flight deck. 

VC_002.jpg

VC_001.jpg

VC_004.jpg

VC_005.jpg

VC_003.jpg

Too lazy to zoom in? I don't blame you, it's Monday after all, 18:00 for me so it means I can have a glass of wine, let me do it for you:

2021-03-01_17-58-43.png

Looking great, it's amazing what can be done with MSFS in terms of visuals.

• Like 2
9 minutes ago, Mathijs Kok said:

This looks fantastic -- I'm very much looking forward to learning how to fly the CRJ. With that said, I hope you don't go overboard adding weathering effects. I prefer the clean look to a cockpit that looks grungy and beat up, so ideally this won't be a significant change. I feel that many of the addon aircraft I've seen for other simulators take this too far. I know this is personal preference though and I've seen at least a few people express hope that it would be beat up a bit so not sure what the consensus is, if there is one.

• Root Admin
20 minutes ago, bluemoon51 said:

Just a general question, because I love understanding how things work.....Let's assume this was a box release what is the kind of lead time you need from the manufactured version that's shipped and the release(are we talking months for example). The follow up to that with a digital release can you change things up to release date or is there a practical "hard" date beforehand    

Well, that's complex. 

• The lead time of the devs is a few milliseconds.
  • The lead time of the project manager is a few  hours.
  • The lead time of the store people is a few days.
  • The lead time for a release on the MS Store is a small week.
  • The lead time for a Steam release is about a week.
  • The lead time for the marketing department can be measured in weeks.
  • The lead time for the people preparing a box is several weeks.
  • The lead time for the CEO's is about a decade.

Basically everybody lower in this list shouts at the line above them.  In the end we manage. But devs and project managers always want to get every minute they have.

• Like 7
  • Root Admin
1 minute ago, Aplato said:

This looks fantastic -- I'm very much looking forward to learning how to fly the CRJ. 

No, we do intend to do a very muddy Twin Otter though. 

• Like 5

Wow its looking amazing, one of the first things i saw was the seat and how real it looks.

I do have a quest about the EFB, i'm not too sure if this has already been answered.

Will it be possible to turn the EFB on and off or will it be powered up and stay up providing there is power to the aircraft ?

26 minutes ago, Mathijs Kok said:

VC_002.jpg

VC_001.jpg

VC_004.jpg

VC_005.jpg

VC_003.jpg

2021-03-01_17-58-43.png

Looks like it's been through a few thousand cycles :) 

• Root Admin
11 minutes ago, Avmatt said:

Wow its looking amazing, one of the first things i saw was the seat and how real it looks.

I do have a quest about the EFB, i'm not too sure if this has already been answered.

Will it be possible to turn the EFB on and off or will it be powered up and stay up providing there is power to the aircraft ?

Yes, it is an Microsoft Surface and will run for several hours on it's own battery. Just click the screen.

• Like 6

Now I also have a question which I didn't see in this thread, do the CRJ's still have CRT screens? If not is it possible to select LCD? I'm asking because I have a feeling that the display with curved text could have some effect on performance? In any case it would be nice to have a choice.

26 minutes ago, Mathijs Kok said:

Yes, it is an Microsoft Surface and will run for several hours on it's own battery. Just click the screen.

If it is modelled on the Surface Pro 7, which I think i remember it being said, it will be just like the one I'm typing on now and the power/standby button should be on the extreme left of the top edge.

BTW, It is a very nice tablet and that's from an iPad user of many years.

• Deputy Sheriffs
2 minutes ago, HugoTro said:

Nice article find! Not yet available however but they are planning for first deliveries in 2022.

From the article: "Laird said Thomas Global is currently working with the launch customer on development and certification of the TFD-4000, and they expect to achieve certification and first deliveries by 2022."

• Upvote 1
34 minutes ago, Mathijs Kok said:

Oh that's great ! , just out of curiosity would that mean then that in theory you could leave it open and the power would drain ?