• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Dear friends, we are really sorry this message is released later then we hoped.   We are excited to announce that the Aerosoft CRJ 550/700 for the Microsoft Flight Simulator will be released

I will add my support to Mathijs sentiment here.  One of the things we constantly try to snuff out is this popular meme that developers are all in competition with one another like newspaper barkers o

My sincerest apologies for this situation - it was a couple members of our team who exercised rather poor judgement, and they have been spoken to. I assure you this won't happen again. We have the hig

Posted Images

13 hours ago, geoffda said:

because most of us are wisely going to buy direct from Aerosoft

I fully support you. Wise people will do just that. In order not to wait for updates for 2 weeks from the Microsoft store later. While Aerosoft delivers them instantly as a manufacturer.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Ne_zloy said:

I fully support you. Wise people will do just that. In order not to wait for updates for 2 weeks from the Microsoft store later. While Aerosoft delivers them instantly as a manufacturer.

..and will provide a proper 'proof of purchase', for the aircraft itself, instead of just a proof that you have bought credits, with no linkage to the aircraft itself.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
8 minutes ago, 18minimus18 said:

if we get a release on friday thatll be great i get paid

Hahaha, as someone who hasn't got a job yet I don't really understand the concept of not being able to save 50 bucks for a month without using them, no matter when you get them you were going to use it to buy the crj either way so why not save it until it gets released? Even if it is in a month or so (cutting it real close with the whole q1 thing in that case though, personally I belived it's sooner.)

• Downvote 3
  • Deputy Sheriffs
12 minutes ago, A350Aviator said:

in low vis conditions

There is no autoland in the CRJ so it would make a lot of sense to fly manually in 1500 feet during low vis. There are numereous landing accidents that were partly caused by pilots kicking off the AP too late and not giving themselves the time needed to adjust to the current weather conditions.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2
12 minutes ago, simon747 said:

Is that a real CRJ or the Aerosoft one?  Has not been that many wingviews, if that is the Aerosoft one.  A job well done.👍

SAS only flies the CRJ900 and I don't believe we've gotten any pictures of the 900/1000 yet. They also don't own them, most (if not all) of them are wetleased from CityJet.

3 minutes ago, riskas123 said:

SAS only flies the CRJ900 and I don't believe we've gotten any pictures of the 900/1000 yet. They also don't own them, most (if not all) of them are wetleased from CityJet.

Yes, I could tell it was a real photo when I zoomed in on it.  I thought someone painted SAS livery on a 700 model as the wings are the same.  

5 minutes ago, simon747 said:

Yes, I could tell it was a real photo when I zoomed in on it.  I thought someone painted SAS livery on a 700 model as the wings are the same.  

TBH I think I might do just that, make an SAS crj700 just because I can't wait to bring her to my home airport and just Scandinavia in general : )

3 hours ago, lowpolybutt said:

The WT VNAV is "actual" VNAV in that it'll actually do the climb and descent for you. The VNAV in the CRJ will just show you a profile and it's up to you to stick to it

Ah ok, so you have to follow the descent profile with VS for example?

10 minutes ago, daan_vb said:

Ah ok, so you have to follow the descent profile with VS for example?

you can do that. In the alternative you can use the speed mode so that the CRJ will keep the speed constant. If you decrease the throttle, it will descend faster to keep the same speed

• CRJ Forum Moderator
3 hours ago, daan_vb said:

How does the CRJ advisory vnav differ from the WT CJ4 vnav?

“Advisory” VNAV is a system where the FMS calculates a descent profile to meet crossing restrictions of a STAR, and “advises” the pilot of the path to fly with a cue on the PFD. This cue looks like a white asterisk symbol, and appears in the same location that the glideslope diamond would be on an ILS approach. However, unlike an ILS, the autopilot will not automatically fly the descent profile - the pilot first has to dial in a lower altitude on the autopilot, and when the aircraft arrives at the Top Of Decent point (TOD), the pilot has to manually initiate descent - typically with vertical speed mode.

Once passing the TOD point, the descent cue appears on the PFD, and while descending, the pilot uses vertical speed to stay on the calculated path. If the cue starts rising above the center of the index, it means that the aircraft is falling below the path and descent rate must be decreased. If it drops below the index, it means the aircraft is above the path, and decent rate must be increased. You fly the descent cue like a glideslope. The system will also put a blue circle symbol on the vertical speed display in the PFD, indicating the calculated vertical speed to use to stay on the profile.

During descent, the pilot has to be aware of upcoming crossing restrictions, and manually insure that the aircraft will not be too high or too low when crossing them.

The CJ4 has full VNAV where the autopilot will automatically begin descent at TOD, and will automatically control decent rate to stay on the path, and meet crossing restrictions.

With the CJ4, if a STAR waypoint has a fixed crossing altitude, the autopilot will automatically start leveling out the airplane to insure that it does not drop below the specified altitude. In the CRJ, the pilot has to level out manually by reducing vertical speed.

In both the CJ4 and CRJ, controlling speed in descent is the pilot’s responsibility, since neither airplane has autothrottles. 

Full coupled VNAV is an option on the real CRJ-900... some airlines have it, but many do not. I believe it can be added to older 700s that did not originally have it. With coupled VNAV, there will be an extra VNAV button on the autopilot control panel. For those aircraft that have this option, it would work like the CJ4 VNAV. I don’t know if this option will be available in the initial release of the Aerosoft CRJ 550/700, but I assume it will be available when the 900/1000 versions come out.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2
  • Upvote 3

It’s the Eve before the release date and possibly the media reviews.

When do we think it’s going to be released?

Guesses below and @Mathijs Kok may tell us later if a guess was the correct date or maybe he won’t, but let’s guess. My guess is the 9th of March (hopefully sooner though!) 

• Downvote 1
5 minutes ago, Patrick Cullen said:

It’s the Eve before the release date and possibly the media reviews.

When do we think it’s going to be released?

Guesses below and @Mathijs Kok may tell us later if a guess was the correct date or maybe he won’t, but let’s guess. My guess is the 9th of March (hopefully sooner though!) 

I'd say the 11th because I think it will take them a bit longer, remember the media will be released and then aprox a week later it will be released to us. the 11th is also a Thursday which means MFS marketplace update.

• Like 2
48 minutes ago, JRBarrett said:

“Advisory” VNAV is a system where the FMS calculates a descent profile to meet crossing restrictions of a STAR, and “advises” the pilot of the path to fly with a cue on the PFD. This cue looks like a white asterisk symbol, and appears in the same location that the glideslope diamond would be on an ILS approach. However, unlike an ILS, the autopilot will not automatically fly the descent profile - the pilot first has to dial in a lower altitude on the autopilot, and when the aircraft arrives at the Top Of Decent point (TOD), the pilot has to manually initiate descent - typically with vertical speed mode.

Once passing the TOD point, the descent cue appears on the PFD, and while descending, the pilot uses vertical speed to stay on the calculated path. If the cue starts rising above the center of the index, it means that the aircraft is falling below the path and descent rate must be decreased. If it drops below the index, it means the aircraft is above the path, and decent rate must be increased. You fly the descent cue like a glideslope. The system will also put a blue circle symbol on the vertical speed display in the PFD, indicating the calculated vertical speed to use to stay on the profile.

During descent, the pilot has to be aware of upcoming crossing restrictions, and manually insure that the aircraft will not be too high or too low when crossing them.

The CJ4 has full VNAV where the autopilot will automatically begin descent at TOD, and will automatically control decent rate to stay on the path, and meet crossing restrictions.

With the CJ4, if a STAR waypoint has a fixed crossing altitude, the autopilot will automatically start leveling out the airplane to insure that it does not drop below the specified altitude. In the CRJ, the pilot has to level out manually by reducing vertical speed.

In both the CJ4 and CRJ, controlling speed in descent is the pilot’s responsibility, since neither airplane has autothrottles. 

Full coupled VNAV is an option on the real CRJ-900... some airlines have it, but many do not. I believe it can be added to older 700s that did not originally have it. With coupled VNAV, there will be an extra VNAV button on the autopilot control panel. For those aircraft that have this option, it would work like the CJ4 VNAV. I don’t know if this option will be available in the initial release of the Aerosoft CRJ 550/700, but I assume it will be available when the 900/1000 versions come out.

Thank you for this. 

• Like 1
11 minutes ago, Karlo Wagstaffe said:

Is there any information about performance (FPS) that can be expected? Or min requirements for the aircraft? Just wanna know I’m able to run it okay before purchasing!

Thank you!

From the FAQ:

What are the hardware requirements?
The aircraft is more demanding on the simulator compared to the default airliners. You should expect to lose about 15% frames per second. Internal memory plays an important role.  You will find the advised PC specifications here: https://flightsimulator.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/360013463459-Minimum-Recommended-and-Ideal-PC-Specifications-for-Microsoft-Flight-Simulator

So seriously .... why wait so long with the information everybody is waiting for ? Must be known by now right ? 

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 8
  • Root Admin
14 minutes ago, DGH said:

So seriously .... why wait so long with the information everybody is waiting for ? Must be known by now right ? 

Of course, but we work with other people, other organisations and must coordinate these things.

• Like 11
  • Thanks 2
6 hours ago, riskas123 said:

Hahaha, as someone who hasn't got a job yet I don't really understand the concept of not being able to save 50 bucks for a month without using them, no matter when you get them you were going to use it to buy the crj either way so why not save it until it gets released? Even if it is in a month or so (cutting it real close with the whole q1 thing in that case though, personally I belived it's sooner.)

What? You guys just downvoting because you know I have a point? Can someone please explain what's wrong with the asessement above?

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 6
1 minute ago, Mathijs Kok said:

Of course, but we work with other people, other organisations and must coordinate these things.

And this coordination must remain a secret because?

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 11