If you cannot find the message you posted we probably moved it to the correct forum section! ×

If I've flown the JROllon CRJ-200 would it be a massive change flying the Aerosoft CRJ? Like systems-wise and layout of the cockpit? I know the Aerosoft plane will be far beyond the quality of the XP11 CRJ-200 but just as a general overview. I was just curious since I've been prepping myself a bit with the CRJ-200 lol

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Dear friends, we are really sorry this message is released later then we hoped.   We are excited to announce that the Aerosoft CRJ 550/700 for the Microsoft Flight Simulator will be released

I will add my support to Mathijs sentiment here.  One of the things we constantly try to snuff out is this popular meme that developers are all in competition with one another like newspaper barkers o

My sincerest apologies for this situation - it was a couple members of our team who exercised rather poor judgement, and they have been spoken to. I assure you this won't happen again. We have the hig

Posted Images

• Root Admin
3 minutes ago, TheFlyFijian said:

It's Monday in Fiji alright!!

Yes, but because we had to align with some external marketing, it's moved to Tuesday. Does not matter for the release date though. that is set and hell and highwater won't change that. 

This is really a bit of a complex release as so many parties are involved.  And when two marketing departments have to align stuff..... 

So to be clear, on Tuesday we will announce the release date.

• Like 8
  • Upvote 4
2 hours ago, The Dude said:

Having flown some circuits and the tutorial flight I can say that the overall VR experience is very positive. There are two things that needs attention. The Line Select Keys are difficult to use and the HGS is not focused to infinity. I do not know if there is a fix for the HGS though. The EFB and all other knobs and switches presented zero interface problems.

do we think the line select keys will be fixed before release? does that mean it is difficult to use the FMC while in VR? that would be a bit of a bummer

• Like 1

I sure hope we aren't being forced to wait on this release because of the asinine amount of overhead involved in onboarding a product to the Microsoft Marketplace. Most of us have already been burned by updates not being available in the Marketplace until weeks or even a month after the vendors have released them so having the CRJ available in the Marketplace on day 1 isn't a value-add (because most of us are wisely going to buy direct from Aerosoft).

• Like 2
2 minutes ago, geoffda said:

I sure hope we aren't being forced to wait on this release because of the asinine amount of overhead involved in onboarding a product to the Microsoft Marketplace. Most of us have already been burned by updates not being available in the Marketplace until weeks or even a month after the vendors have released them so having the CRJ available in the Marketplace on day 1 isn't a value-add.

In fairness, this isn't a delay in terms of release simply a delay in announcement. 

40 minutes ago, bluemoon51 said:

In fairness, this isn't a delay in terms of release simply a delay in announcement. 

My comment wasn't really in reference to the fact that the release date announcement is delayed, it was more to the fact that the delay is apparently due to the need to coordinate with other marketing (Microsoft?). That makes me wonder if the CRJ is going to be in the Marketplace at release, which in turn makes me wonder if one of the reasons we are waiting is because of the well known fact that Microsoft doesn't have its act together with respect to the Marketplace. That would be frustrating...

• Like 1
On 2/27/2021 at 7:53 PM, Mathijs Kok said:

Our average customer watches a lot of YouTube videos and has a beer,

I'm sorry, but I find this statement rather generalising, not all of us are like that. Some of us actually prefer a glass of wine 

• Like 9
  • Upvote 3
3 hours ago, EasternT3 said:

Positive is there's one less day between announcement and release ;) 

Funny thing is that I've counted down the days to the release date of the release date, at least now it'll be a bit less weird the Day after tomorrow, or well. Tomorrow if you live in the middle of the pacific ocean... 

Is it time to finally get a VPN so I can be in Fiji? I know, that was a joke... I'm not stupid. 

• Upvote 3
3 hours ago, Mathijs Kok said:

Yes, but because we had to align with some external marketing, it's moved to Tuesday. Does not matter for the release date though. that is set and hell and highwater won't change that. 

This is really a bit of a complex release as so many parties are involved.  And when two marketing departments have to align stuff..... 

We need the announcement of the announcement: the time and timezone, please!!! We will all be here on the forum to read it live 🙂

Just to make the release a bit more complicated 😉 

1 minute ago, Vladimir Carli said:

We need the announcement of the announcement: the time and timezone, please!!! We will all be here on the forum to read it live 🙂

Just to make the release a bit more comlicated 😉 

No idea about the time but they're in Germany, that makes things considerably easier for me seen as I'm in the same timezone lol

Hopefully the release will be fullfilled finally! For me this release is marking a breakthrough for more complex airliners in MSFS generally. That is very important for a safe establishing of the sim and it can show that the sim is not only a "game" for lightweights.

• Like 3
1 hour ago, ArcticMarkus said:

I'm sorry, but I find this statement rather generalising, not all of us are like that. Some of us actually prefer a glass of wine 

Yeah, me too. But he did say "average customer". Wine drinkers are clearly "above average"!

• Like 3
On 2/27/2021 at 12:15 PM, JRBarrett said:

I think they should put just just one person in the cabin: the infamous “Passenger Escobar” that the FA in the X-Plane Zibo 737 is always looking for, and never seems able to find...

LOL that would be hilarious.  Escobar must have pissed someone off.  Nice to see someone with a sense of humor here instead of all the basement bound snowflakes who's entire life revolves around voting up/down on forum posts and nitpick new releases on things like the insides of doors, wing waggle, freaking autoland and the likes.  

• Like 1
  • Upvote 4
  • Downvote 19
5 hours ago, Mathijs Kok said:

Hearing that nothing will change the release date does give me some relief. I'm glued to the forums like white on rice!!. Unless you enjoy whole meal.

• Upvote 2
  • Root Admin
12 hours ago, geoffda said:

I sure hope we aren't being forced to wait on this release because of the asinine amount of overhead involved in onboarding a product to the Microsoft Marketplace. 

Not at all.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1
On 2/26/2021 at 12:40 PM, xiao8080 said:

Does CRJ have automatic landing function? Or must the autopilot be disconnected between 200 and 1000 feet? For example, even if the default aircraft A320 descends in ILS mode, it must disconnect the automatic driving at the last minute and manually level before landing, otherwise there will be a very, very heavy landing.

I always disconnect at 1500 feet anyway. I don't see the point in Autolanding.

• Thanks 1
2 minutes ago, JasonmCork said:

I always disconnect at 1500 feet anyway. I don't see the point in Autolanding.

Trident pilots the world over curse you sir!

• Like 4
29 minutes ago, daan_vb said:

How does the CRJ advisory vnav differ from the WT CJ4 vnav?

The WT VNAV is "actual" VNAV in that it'll actually do the climb and descent for you. The VNAV in the CRJ will just show you a profile and it's up to you to stick to it

• Like 2