• Deputy Sheriffs
15 minutes ago, Chris Torres said:

And how is that possible when the tutorials are done in piecemeal?

That's why they are done in piecemeal ;) It is easier.

• Like 3
  • Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Dear friends, we are really sorry this message is released later then we hoped.   We are excited to announce that the Aerosoft CRJ 550/700 for the Microsoft Flight Simulator will be released

I will add my support to Mathijs sentiment here.  One of the things we constantly try to snuff out is this popular meme that developers are all in competition with one another like newspaper barkers o

My sincerest apologies for this situation - it was a couple members of our team who exercised rather poor judgement, and they have been spoken to. I assure you this won't happen again. We have the hig

Posted Images

36 minutes ago, Chris Torres said:

I guess there are really two options, they are released as they are produced, thus we get access to them sooner. Or b after they are all finished, speaking for myself, I would love them all at once, but on balance am much happier with them as they are produced, it helps with the wait and it builds anticipation, plus it allows for near real-time feedback to improve them as they continue(not that they aren't outstanding).  

• Like 2
  • Deputy Sheriffs

I indeed release them as they are produced. Today I will start with episode 5. Next week by this time you will have them all available! In the mean time you can already read about the whole flight in the tutorial manual.

• Like 6
  • Upvote 1
1 hour ago, The Dude said:

I indeed release them as they are produced. Today I will start with episode 5. Next week by this time you will have them all available! In the mean time you can already read about the whole flight in the tutorial manual. @The Dude im agreed with you!                 

47 minutes ago, EasternT3 said:

There should be an announcement tomorrow

Yeah, I'm excited. Slightly worried I won't get the manual done in time though, but I've got a week long break from school now so I think I'll be fine. With my luck the CRJ will be right after my break lol

I've lurked around and followed this topic for a bit, finally made an account the other day. Really appreciate the developer communication and transparency in the thread here. Will likely be my first bit of payware flight sim kit here, looking forward to it.

5 hours ago, Chris Torres said:

To be fair it’s better than throwing a 1500 page flight manual at you and telling you to figure it out yourself.

I work in aerospace, and I occasionally have to go through ~7 different aircrafts’ flight manuals regularly. It is one of the most frustrating things, because important information I’m looking for is often buried or underemphasized, which means I spend more time than not rereading pages and possibly entire chapters. Y’all ought to be grateful you’re getting video guides.

• Like 3
13 minutes ago, The Dude said:

I'd rather not. This has nothing to do with the product but more about the discussions that would follow.

If I say it is super duper, people will find something and say I do not know what I am talking about. If I say it has it's limitations, people would use that against Aerosoft and Asobo. It really does not matter what I say because FDE's in all simulators are subject to interpretations and everybody has their own pet peeves.

What I will say is that I find it very enjoyable to fly. 

This response is far too reasonable, for an internet forum in 2021. 😂

• Like 9
  • Upvote 1
29 minutes ago, The Dude said:

I'd rather not. This has nothing to do with the product but more about the discussions that would follow.

If I say it is super duper, people will find something and say I do not know what I am talking about. If I say it has it's limitations, people would use that against Aerosoft and Asobo. It really does not matter what I say because FDE's in all simulators are subject to interpretations and everybody has their own pet peeves.

What I will say is that I find it very enjoyable to fly. 

i'm quite positive it has its limitations.

It's a flight simulator, not a real aircraft 😂

• Like 2
4 minutes ago, Abriael said:

i'm quite positive it has its limitations.

It's a flight simulator, not a real aircraft 😂

I always judge these things, through subjective terms like “convincing” and “immersive”. I’ve never even touched a real yoke or sidestick lol, if the real experts say it’s good, then it’s more than enough for me.

• Like 2
vor 48 Minuten, The Dude sagte:

If I say it is super duper, people will find something and say I do not know what I am talking about. If I say it has it's limitations, people would use that against Aerosoft and Asobo.

I do understand that. I just asked because a real CRJ pilot is still the most reliable source of information in that regard. Maybe you can give us some basic info in the videos about takeoff, climb, landing, etc. :)

• Like 1
  • Deputy Sheriffs
5 hours ago, Shameel Ahmed said:

@TheDude any update on your VR testing?

Having flown some circuits and the tutorial flight I can say that the overall VR experience is very positive. There are two things that needs attention. The Line Select Keys are difficult to use and the HGS is not focused to infinity. I do not know if there is a fix for the HGS though. The EFB and all other knobs and switches presented zero interface problems.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
2 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Having flown some circuits and the tutorial flight I can say that the overall VR experience is very positive. There are two things that needs attention. The Line Select Keys are difficult to use and the HGS is not focused to infinity. I do not know if there is a fix for the HGS though. The EFB and all other knobs and switches presented zero interface problems.

It's odd, but try closing your right eye when lining up the mouse cursor on a control. There is a request to project the mouse cursor into both left and right eyes, not just the left, to preclude the need to be able to wink, but it may be a while before that appears. 

My biggest issue that I need fixed is the cursor placement in space. If you've ever played DCS in VR you would know that every button is easily reached because the cursor is attached to cockpit surfaces. The MSFS 3d cursor kinda floats in space so it is physically impossible to hit some controls because the mouse floats above them.

• Root Admin
1 hour ago, Exile1 said:

This response is far too reasonable, for an internet forum in 2021. 😂

Best comment of the day, lol.

Of course I do not have any real stick experience (well half an hour in a old style sim) but personally I always believed the people who design aircraft know what they do. They need to create an aircraft that flies in a predictable way, it should never 'snap' into a problem, ideally you feel the problem coming.  I love flying the CRJ manually, it is responsive to stick and throttle and seems to go where the nose is pointed. It tends to go fast, but that could just be me not managing the speed well enough. I do believe pilots call this a slippery aircraft though, like the MD80 and the 777 where you always have to keep an eye on the speed tape. 

• Like 5
  • Upvote 1