• CRJ Forum Moderator
On 2/23/2021 at 4:19 PM, RicingFX said:

Does anybody know how they are delivered to Europe or has anybody the route of an delivery flight? I mean they are assembled in YMX and there is little bit of water between the continents...

Yes, have done quite a few delivery flights IRL (never in a CRJ though). Would be a great first flight in the sim when released. Almost guaranteed they make a quick stop in either Goose Bay (CYYR) or St. John’s / Gander. Then over to Iceland (BIKF). Then routing via RATSU intersection and on to wherever they are going in Europe. (the RATSU intersection keeps them on what is called the “Blue Spruce Routes”. The required equipment and approvals is less stringent going this route)

• Like 1
  • Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Dear friends, we are really sorry this message is released later then we hoped.   We are excited to announce that the Aerosoft CRJ 550/700 for the Microsoft Flight Simulator will be released

I will add my support to Mathijs sentiment here.  One of the things we constantly try to snuff out is this popular meme that developers are all in competition with one another like newspaper barkers o

My sincerest apologies for this situation - it was a couple members of our team who exercised rather poor judgement, and they have been spoken to. I assure you this won't happen again. We have the hig

Posted Images

• Deputy Sheriffs
8 hours ago, Jaden Cuffy said:

Just a simple suggestion, maybe it would be a good idea to put the episode number in the title of the come fly with me videos? For those who are completely unfamiliar and may not have found the series through the forums.

That is a good suggestion! Will change it today. 

Thanks

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Deputy Sheriffs
3 hours ago, Chris Torres said:

@The Dude hi sir, i hope in the next video it will already include at least the taxiing of the crj. Thank you!

In epsidode 5 I will start the engines and do the after start checks. 

In Episode 6 we will finally get the aircraft moving!

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1
  • Deputy Sheriffs
5 hours ago, Fulatoro said:

On another subject. Has there been much VR testing of the aircraft? How smooth is the interaction with the EFB? Do you need testers...(3 headsets here..G1/G2/Rift S...). :-).

VR testing is not high on the list sofar, the main priority is on „normal“ testing. I will take her up today with my G2 and report back on what to expect. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
33 minutes ago, The Dude said:

When can we hope for episode 5... loving each and every video released

• Deputy Sheriffs
28 minutes ago, Patrick Cullen said:

When can we hope for episode 5... loving each and every video released

Thanks for the kind words. Probably first on monday. The weekend is packed full with RL stuff. 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, The Dude said:

I expect that you will let us hear the engine sounds?

1 hour ago, The Dude said:

VR testing is not high on the list sofar, the main priority is on „normal“ testing. I will take her up today with my G2 and report back on what to expect. 

Thank you. I look forward to hearing back. 

On 25.2.2021 at 15:53, EasternT3 sagte:

Looking forward to them, question about real life, as the CRJ is a regional jet and not many pax, are the turnarounds quick (30-35 mins) or did/do you have longer turnarounds as well?

Turnaround times mostly depend on how quick ground operations are handled. For example for the CRJ 200 in accordance with the Airport Planning Manual, are normal on station turnaround times, 20 minutes. The operator can change the procedures if he thinks so. So time will change aswell. One exampme. On the APM the deboarding and boarding of passengers takes place during refueling. Some operators don't do it (for wxample because of risk of fire with passengers on board; higher cost, because a vehicle of the firebrigade has to stand at the airplane and some more) and many airports don't even allow it. So long story short what is planned and what is realistic is different every turnaround. For example our company runs a turnaround time of 35 minutes for the CRJ900. I would say, this works out in about 60% of the flight. But as I saidn there are a tone of factors!

If you are interrested in more, you can PM me if you like. So I don't need to spam the forum 😄

Cheers!

• Like 6
  • Upvote 4
11 minutes ago, ModsWanted said:

Turnaround times mostly depend on how quick ground operations are handled. For example for the CRJ 200 in accordance with the Airport Planning Manual, are normal on station turnaround times, 20 minutes. The operator can change the procedures if he thinks so. So time will change aswell. One exampme. On the APM the deboarding and boarding of passengers takes place during refueling. Some operators don't do it (for wxample because of risk of fire with passengers on board; higher cost, because a vehicle of the firebrigade has to stand at the airplane and some more) and many airports don't even allow it. So long story short what is planned and what is realistic is different every turnaround. For example our company runs a turnaround time of 35 minutes for the CRJ900. I would say, this works out in about 60% of the flight. But as I saidn there are a tone of factors!

If you are interrested in more, you can PM me if you like. So I don't need to spam the forum 😄

Cheers!

Thanks for the info! I love stuff like this. I even asked my dad last night and he said his shortest turnaround was 15 minutes when he flew the E170

@bluemoon51 (I think it was you who asked about fs2crew) Bryan at FS2Crew released his weekly update today and said the FS2Crew for the CRJ is just waiting for the aircraft release so we might get it at the same time 

• Like 1
Just now, EasternT3 said:

Thanks for the info! I love stuff like this. I even asked my dad last night and he said his shortest turnaround was 15 minutes when he flew the E170

@bluemoon51 (I think it was you who asked about fs2crew) Bryan at FS2Crew released his weekly update today and said the FS2Crew for the CRJ is just waiting for the aircraft release so we might get it at the same time 

Yes it was me!!!! thanks for that, good to know!!!! I guess a general question for everyone to follow does having something like this make learning the plane more complex?(you are effectively having to learn two systems at once)

• Upvote 1
22 minutes ago, ModsWanted said:

Cheers!

I don't think anyone in here would consider things like this spam 😀

• Like 3
4 minutes ago, bluemoon51 said:

Yes it was me!!!! thanks for that, good to know!!!! I guess a general question for everyone to follow does having something like this make learning the plane more complex?(you are effectively having to learn two systems at once)

Having used them before I would say a bit more complex (if you use the voice version) as you have to remember exact terms to respond to the FO for checklists, but it makes flying the aircraft especially on vatsim a lot easier 

• Like 1

There is a funny little typo in the published article on twinfinite:

“ If you do not get an APU fire in the first 250.000 hours of using our products we’ll refund you”

(emphasis mine)

That would lead to a lot of refunds I would imagine as I suspect the correct quote would be “If you do get an APU fire...” 😁 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 3
4 minutes ago, Doc3d said:

“ If you do not get an APU fire in the first 250.000 hours of using our products we’ll refund you”

(emphasis mine)

That would lead to a lot of refunds I would imagine as I suspect the correct quote would be “If you do get an APU fire...” 😁 

I'm sure Aerosoft would be fine with refunding anyone that doesn't get a APU fire in 250000hrs.... you would have to fly the plane without a break for nearly 30 years(if my math is correct!).....

• Like 1
  • Upvote 4
vor 38 Minuten, bluemoon51 sagte:

I'm sure Aerosoft would be fine with refunding anyone that doesn't get a APU fire in 250000hrs.... you would have to fly the plane without a break for nearly 30 years(if my math is correct!).....

Yep about 29 years.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Doc3d said:

(emphasis mine)

The joke here is that, if failures were modelled accurately, they’d be so infrequent that you’d think that the aircraft experiences no failures at all, yet people beg and plead for realistic failures thinking that they happen every 5 flights or something.

On that note, I’d personally like to see failures happen from system/component abuse (e.g. flat tire after a hard landing or brakes exceeding maximum allowable temperature by a significant margin, letting too much ice accumulate in the engine causing engine flameout, nose gear collapse from lowering the nose too aggressively on rollout, etc.). THOSE would be cool features.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

@The Dude I have a question that I hope you can answer. In the tutorial flight there's a section that explains the normal VNAV profiles in which the speed below 10000ft is supposed to be 290kts. I'm not a real pilot but have been a flight simmer for quite a while and from my experience the limit below 10000ft is always 250kts so I wonder why the normal profiles say 290? 

Please forget this post, pretend it doesn't exist :-). I read it totally wrong.

• Deputy Sheriffs

The normal profile is .74/290. You can enter a "condition" when and at what speed you want a restriction of that 290kts. Just look at the line below the TGT speed. This restriction is only used for the calculations. You as pilot must manipulate the AP/aircraft to adhere to these restrictions. No automatic VNAV modes here, just calculations.

You are correct in that the limit is 250kts below FL100. That is exactly what the VNAV takes into account here.

:Screenshot 2021-02-27 at 15.33.01.png

• Like 1

Hey i´m following this topic since early Dezember last year and i cant wait to fly the crj myself :D But i have a tiny question and i cant find it beeing mentioned or answered on the last pages here: 

I recently purchased the complete Set of the Thrustmasters Airbus set and i wanted to ask if i can use it on the CRJ whithout any key remapping or if i have to change some things in order to make it work properly whith this plane?

53 minutes ago, Rockrai said:

Hey i´m following this topic since early Dezember last year and i cant wait to fly the crj myself :D But i have a tiny question and i cant find it beeing mentioned or answered on the last pages here: 

I recently purchased the complete Set of the Thrustmasters Airbus set and i wanted to ask if i can use it on the CRJ whithout any key remapping or if i have to change some things in order to make it work properly whith this plane?

Does your complete set include the add ons for Flaps and Spoilers?

The answer depends on how you have the controllers currently setup.  Changes in assignments are very straight forward.  You will most likely want to calibrate your throttles for the proper detents and the make sure TOGA and rear thrusters are set correctly.

You will have plenty of help in the forums as these are very popular controllers. Most users are still waiting for delivery of the add ons.

1 hour ago, Rockrai said:

There's a handy configuration tool in the EFB, so you don't need to remap things.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1