26 minutes ago, Mathijs Kok said:

The first person who asks for passengers in all seats gets banned for live. Just saying.

Whatever you do,  DO NOT   put a coffee cup in the cockpit or cabin !!! You have been WARNED ! 🙄

• Like 1
  • Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Dear friends, we are really sorry this message is released later then we hoped.   We are excited to announce that the Aerosoft CRJ 550/700 for the Microsoft Flight Simulator will be released

I will add my support to Mathijs sentiment here.  One of the things we constantly try to snuff out is this popular meme that developers are all in competition with one another like newspaper barkers o

My sincerest apologies for this situation - it was a couple members of our team who exercised rather poor judgement, and they have been spoken to. I assure you this won't happen again. We have the hig

Posted Images

4 hours ago, Mathijs Kok said:

image.png

Silly question, but is this a picture or an actual camera in the 3d environment? If it's a picture, will users be able to change the pictures easily? My friend and I have a joke that the pilots have a "lav cam" and I think it would be absolutely hilarious if I could add a picture of a lavatory in the files somewhere.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Mathijs Kok said:

As some people felt the sides of the door were not in the level of detail they should be...

caterDoor.jpg

At least it is clear we listen to what people comment on. 

This must be some kind of world record in how far a company is willing to go in order to please their customers! I'm amazed.

So, when are we going to get our floppy wing flex and all those passengers? 😁

• Like 1
  • Developer
3 minutes ago, Swagbasket said:

Silly question, but is this a picture or an actual camera in the 3d environment? If it's a picture, will users be able to change the pictures easily? My friend and I have a joke that the pilots have a "lav cam" and I think it would be absolutely hilarious if I could add a picture of a lavatory in the files somewhere.

It's a PNG picture and can be replaced by simply swapping out a file.

• Like 3
1 hour ago, Hans Hartmann said:

I had the same idea but the problem is that, under certain circumstances, no loading screen updates are visible before the conversion process starts. I will definitely add a warning to make life easier for Aerosoft's support guys and even more important: in a futile attempt to avoid the shitstorm incoming from people who can't read :D

To this day my favourite tech support phrase is "PEBCAK".

Very excited for March first to hear more news. Also thanks for the heads up on the loading times, as well I’m patient after a certain Tim I would have thought something was wrong when it wasn’t. 
looking forward to flying and hope to see some of you flying in and out of KORD.

Just a simple suggestion, maybe it would be a good idea to put the episode number in the title of the come fly with me videos? For those who are completely unfamiliar and may not have found the series through the forums.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 4
1 minute ago, Jaden Cuffy said:

Just a simple suggestion, maybe it would be a good idea to put the episode number in the title of the come fly with me videos? For those who are completely unfamiliar and may not have found the series through the forums.

Agree!

2 minutes ago, WinterHuntsman said:

Very excited for March first to hear more news. Also thanks for the heads up on the loading times, as well I’m patient after a certain Tim I would have thought something was wrong when it wasn’t. 
looking forward to flying and hope to see some of you flying in and out of KORD.

Yes thanks for the heads up on the loading times, I guess the next big question is what is everyone going to do in that 7mins(or in my case with Steam 10)????? Being English for me it will be brew some tea and a nice piece of cake in preparation!!!

• Like 1
1 minute ago, bluemoon51 said:

Yes thanks for the heads up on the loading times, I guess the next big question is what is everyone going to do in that 7mins(or in my case with Steam 10)????? Being English for me it will be brew some tea and a nice piece of cake in preparation!!!

Perfect opportunity to write a strongly worded email to Aerosoft support about it crashing my sim 🙃

• Like 3
22 minutes ago, bluemoon51 said:

Grab me a good snack & drink. Chill. 

51 minutes ago, Hans Hartmann said:

It's a PNG picture and can be replaced by simply swapping out a file.

I've just got an image in mind, of that Harry Enfield character saying, "You don't want to do it like that" and in my case, he'd probably be right.  :)

39 minutes ago, bluemoon51 said:

Probably ring my boss and tell him I'm not well and get the day off ;) 

• Like 2
3 hours ago, Mathijs Kok said:

Friends, there is one 'special' thing about this release that is new and will potentially cause serious support issues. We'll mention it in the installer etc but as it is so new we decide to mention it on the forums until you are sick of hearing about it.

See, when you load the 550 and the 700 for the first time in the simulator there is a translation done from the C++ code to the WASM code the sim needs. Even on a high performance system this takes minutes. Now I know installers often say to be patient for 'minutes' to do something and it takes seconds, but in this case it will be minutes. On both, the MS Store as well as the Steam version of MSFS it takes about 5-8 minutes on a current high performance PC. On older and/or slower machines, this time can easily extend beyond 10 minutes.  And all that time MFS will not show anything and be unresponsive.  This behavior might also be visible after an update.

As you understand, we are very worried that customers will feel the sim has crashed because of the add-on. But this behavior is fully normal and will only happen the first time that aircraft type is loaded. Any add-on that uses C++ code will behave like that. The more C++ code the longer the pause will be.

So if you ever see a person complains the sim 'crashes' when they load the CRJ, ask them if they waited ten minutes. Because on some systems, that is really what it could take.  Help a fellow simmer.....

Edited by Hans to fix a misunderstanding. Mathijs is already gone for the day.

Don’t worry, we’ll have The Dude’s videos to rewatch while it loads 😄

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

On another subject. Has there been much VR testing of the aircraft? How smooth is the interaction with the EFB? Do you need testers...(3 headsets here..G1/G2/Rift S...). :-).

• Upvote 1

Hello, this is my first post on this forum but I have been following it for quite awhile now. I noticed that in the Come Fly With Me series, whenever a display is popped out, the performance seems to drop significantly. Is this some sort of FPS restriction that occurs in the new window that transfers over to the main simulator, or is the CRJ just very heavy on frames compared to other aircraft?

19 minutes ago, Fulatoro said:

On another subject. Has there been much VR testing of the aircraft? How smooth is the interaction with the EFB? Do you need testers...(3 headsets here..G1/G2/Rift S...). :-).

May I ask you what settings you use for the G2. I just got it a few days ago and I’m still trying to get the balance between nice looks and 30 FPS :)

• CRJ Forum Moderator
7 hours ago, dbaum67 said:

@EasternT3I have flown into KORD many times and I am sure there is not any sids in the sim. Have flown into that airport multiple times already with the FBW and in other sims too.

KORD has no SIDS other than the generic OHARE6 which is strictly a vector departure multiple possible runways to multiple possible waypoints, so would not be depicted in an FMS

• Like 1