Aerosoft Aircraft: CRJ

Hans Hartmann

5 minutes ago, Mathijs Kok said:

Honestly, not.  Things did not go as planned and my CEO's needed to set things as they wanted them to be done. In these cases it is better to shut things down and then decide what should be done. I do exactly the same in the departments I am responsible for. But Aerosoft is seriously a very nice company to work for.  We fight hard for what we feel is right, that is what is expected from everybody. Then we discuss and then a decision is made. 

My CEO's do not always agree, but as the person responsible for forums etc  I love Aerosoft for the fact once in a blue moon this is visible to customers. It means we are as open as we possibly can.  And every single time I seen that readers accept a clean explanation. Be as open and honest as possible and do not say 'it will be released when it is done' and in my experience our potential customers will be okay. 

Haha, I wasn't implying that there was actual hostility, mind you. It simply feels that the decisions that caused the information lockdown have been fully reversed now. Which, mind you, suits me absolutely fine :D

I really do like this open and honest Aerosoft. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, NullCharacter said:

Fellow Illinoisan here. That statement couldn't be more accurate, in my opinion. In fact, I think someone has already beaten you to that same realization because Illinois actually has a town named Lincolnshire.

Very spooky :) 

3 minutes ago, Mathijs Kok said:

As some people felt the sides of the door were not in the level of detail they should be...

caterDoor.jpg

At least it is clear we listen to what people comment on. 

Looking good (although I didn't see a problem with the last door

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

3 minutes ago, Mathijs Kok said:

Friends, there is one 'special' thing about this release that is new and will potentially cause serious support issues. We'll show it in the installer etc but as it is rather so new we decide to mention it on the forums until you are sick of hearing about it.

See, when you load the 550 and the 700 for the first time in the simulator there is a translation done from the C++ code to the WASM code the sim needs. Even on a high performance system this takes minutes. Now I know installers often say to be patient for 'minutes' to do something and it takes seconds, but in this case it will be minutes. On the MS store version easily 7 minutes, on the Steam version 10 minutes.  And all that time MFS will not show anything and be unresponsive. 

As you understand, we are very worried that customers will feel the sim has crashed because of the add-on. But this behavior is fully normal and will only happen the first time that aircraft type is loaded. Any add-on that uses C++ code will behave like that. The more C++ code the longer the pause will be.

So if you ever see a person complains the sim 'crashes' when they load the CRJ, ask them if they waited ten minutes. Because on some systems, that is really what it could take. 

Unfortunately, people are way too used to misleading "This process could take several minutes" warnings on windows for things that just last 30 seconds, so I could certainly see how this would cause support issues.

• Upvote 2

Friends, there is one 'special' thing about this release that is new and will potentially cause serious support issues. We'll mention it in the installer etc but as it is rather so new we decide to mention it on the forums until you are sick of hearing about it.

See, when you load the 550 and the 700 for the first time in the simulator there is a translation done from the C++ code to the WASM code the sim needs. Even on a high performance system this takes minutes. Now I know installers often say to be patient for 'minutes' to do something and it takes seconds, but in this case it will be minutes. On the MS store version easily 7 minutes, on the Steam version 10 minutes.  And all that time MFS will not show anything and be unresponsive.  This behavior might also be visible after an update.

As you understand, we are very worried that customers will feel the sim has crashed because of the add-on. But this behavior is fully normal and will only happen the first time that aircraft type is loaded. Any add-on that uses C++ code will behave like that. The more C++ code the longer the pause will be.

So if you ever see a person complains the sim 'crashes' when they load the CRJ, ask them if they waited ten minutes. Because on some systems, that is really what it could take.  Help a fellow simmer.....

Pin this too?

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Mathijs Kok said:

Friends, there is one 'special' thing about this release that is new and will potentially cause serious support issues. We'll mention it in the installer etc but as it is so new we decide to mention it on the forums until you are sick of hearing about it.

See, when you load the 550 and the 700 for the first time in the simulator there is a translation done from the C++ code to the WASM code the sim needs. Even on a high performance system this takes minutes. Now I know installers often say to be patient for 'minutes' to do something and it takes seconds, but in this case it will be minutes. On the MS store version easily 7 minutes, on the Steam version 10 minutes.  And all that time MFS will not show anything and be unresponsive.  This behavior might also be visible after an update.

So if you ever see a person complains the sim 'crashes' when they load the CRJ, ask them if they waited ten minutes. Because on some systems, that is really what it could take.  Help a fellow simmer.....

I understand, hopefully it doesn’t cause to many support tickets and a backlog for you, but yes I agree we can remind users on the forums and social media platforms. Thanks for the heads up @Mathijs Kok

• Upvote 1

• Root Admin
Just now, Patrick Cullen said:

I understand, hopefully it doesn’t cause to many support tickets and a backlog for you, but yes I agree we can remind users on the forums and social media platforms. Thanks for the heads up @Mathijs Kok

Yes we expect a sh*t load of support on this. But it is easy to detect in tickets and give an automated reply and for forums we really hope other simmers will assist. The problem is that if people paid good money for something and they feel it 'does not work' they get upset. 

We all know that feeling. You bought something, installed it and it does not work. Clever people will ask, many people will Tweet, Facebook, Instagram or use forums to 'warn' others. I fallen into that trap and apologized to developers. 

• Like 9

22 minutes ago, Mathijs Kok said:

On the MS store version easily 7 minutes, on the Steam version 10 minutes. 

From a manual translation perspective: should I change it from 5 to 10 minutes in the manual? Since the figure was updated here. 

40 minutes ago, Mathijs Kok said:

As some people felt the sides of the door were not in the level of detail they should be...

caterDoor.jpg

I wish you guys didn't cave into those wind-up merchants. 

The level of childishness amongst "adults" is staggering to see. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 4

If you dropped onto this thread right now for the first time I think people would think us all VERY strange to be looking closely at the side of a door..... I guess you really had to have been there!!!!! Thanks for the work as always

31 minutes ago, Mathijs Kok said:

Friends, there is one 'special' thing about this release that is new and will potentially cause serious support issues. We'll mention it in the installer etc but as it is so new we decide to mention it on the forums until you are sick of hearing about it.

Just more time to do pre-reads and video watching to better understand the aircraft!  PS: The visuals of the flight deck look exceptional! Working on a short AeroSoft CRJ spotlight video the incorporates Bombardier history. Good luck with the launch in March!

11 minutes ago, flyingravi said:

I wish you guys didn't cave into those wind-up merchants. 

The level of childishness amongst "adults" is staggering to see. 

I don't think refusing to improve something that can be improved just to spite some undesirables is a good business (or development) attitude. 

• Like 2
  • Downvote 1

Vor 1 Stunde, Mathijs Kok sagte:

caterDoor.jpg

Uff I cant even see the leading edge of the wing it so blurry, please do a whole rework in 2 days :)

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

No, I do not agree. Customers are customers. Even if we (i) do not always agree, if we have some time to fix the issue that bugs them, let's just do it. We always said customers shape our products. 

The first person who asks for passengers in all seats gets banned for live. Just saying.

What about passengers in every *other* seat, for corvid purposes, with 8k masks? ;) 

• Like 5

7 minutes ago, Mathijs Kok said:

The first person who asks for passengers in all seats gets banned for live. Just saying.

Is that a challenge😏 LOL! Kidding, you guys go out of your way to please every customer and I think we all would like to thank you and your team for being so dedicated!

10 minutes ago, Mathijs Kok said:

I fully support you.
If I see such people on other forums or on social networks asking for this, then I'll just send them to go play the Sims.
Otherwise it is simply amazing that people distract you from real work with such nonsense.
Previously, we all just dreamed about the view on the wing, prayed to God for it to be, to watch the beauty from the plane and were very happy when it was present in the model. And now people just demand nonsense. Well, just go and play Sims if you need people.

• Like 2

Since we don't have much WASM code at the moment, we're only running into compile times of around a minute or two on initial installation of the A32NX, but one idea that has been floated around our team (especially as we add more compiled code) is to change the loading screen description to warn users of extended loading times during initial compilation. Might be an idea others might be interested in adopting until Asobo adds a way to provide visual feedback to the user on this.

Basically replacing this text in an aircraft:

image.thumb.png.f017695b900d5afb5a47ca84eefabcec.png

• Like 9
  • Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Jaden Cuffy said:

What about passengers in every *other* seat, for corvid purposes, with 8k masks? ;) 

Damm beat me to it ;)  

1 minute ago, Hans Hartmann said:

Challenge accepted! Can we get passengers for all seats please?

This is why aerosoft is amazing, Mathijs getting trolled by his colleagues lol 

• Like 4