Aerosoft Aircraft: CRJ

Hans Hartmann

• Root Admin
18 hours ago, kendry19 said:

I hope that if it is implemented, it is better than the default one! That one sucks and barely accurate. 

@Mathijs Kok does the CRJ have an aerosoft-quality WX radar? 

At this moment 3rd party add-ons do not have access to the weather data. It is something we hope (and expect) will be changed. 

2 minutes ago, Cowboy10uk said:

Good afternoon everyone.   I am primarily a GA sim pilot with many hours simming from DCS to FSX, P3D, Xplane and now MSFS2020. I tend to prefer more complex simulations such as aircraft from A2A, but I’ve never really delved into the world of airliner simulation.

I’ve recently I.E. a month ago started using the Fly by wire mod of the A320Neo in 2020 and surprisingly found that I really enjoyed flying airliners as opposed to my normal low and slow flights across the scenery. So I’m looking into how I can advance that experience and knowledge. 

I stumbled across a few videos by The dude a few days ago showing off this aircraft addon, and I have to admit it’s rather peaked my intrest.     As I gather the gentleman doing these vids is a real world pilot himself and it certainly appears that this a a true complex simulation of the CRJ.  

Can you guys confirm that I’m right in that assumption, and basically would this be a good airliner for me to cut my teeth on, to break into this part of the simulation world.

I’ve only really ever used Aerosoft to purchase Hardware or airport scenery in the past, so not ever looked at any of their aircraft before, so don’t know where they scale in terms of complexity, personally I’m after as complex as possible as I adore learning as much as is possible in a home simulation about operating aircraft.

Welcome! I was in the same boat about a year ago. I would say that with any accurate airliner simulation comes a learning curve and some studying to be done, unless you're flying a cheap crappy addon (such as the recent 737MAX but you didn't hear it from me) with no real simulated systems. I'd say this is a great jet to dive into for the first time. It's not necessarily "study level" as Aerosoft has said, but it does have very accurate systems that require a depth of touch that simmers can still access without being too complex for the mass of MFS users.

• Like 1

• Root Admin
1 hour ago, SantaGrapes said:

@Mathijs Kok, will it be possible to pop out the entire CDU (with LSK buttons) to a new window? This would allow for users to move the windows to touch screen displays and actually 'touch-type' on the buttons. In this image, is seems that only the display itself can be popped out. I was just wondering if this was a possibility/might be planned in the future? 

Not a problem if not - just curious! Looking forward to Monday :)

I have added this to our database of things we would like.  Good suggestion.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

I’ve done it, I’ve booked time off work next week in the hope of CRJ being released. I know nothing confirmed until Monday, but hey, hopefully it was the right choice 🤞

- sorry if I offended anyone- just looking forward to the release as everyone else is. 

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

13 minutes ago, Mathijs Kok said:

Ahhhh yes, I told Hans I would never buy him kroketten again (google that) if it stays in but never succeeded.

Kroketten does look nice,

I'm just flying into KORD in the FBW A32NX and noticed an issue where no STARs appear in the FMS, do they appear in the CRJ FMS when flying into KORD, I can't work out if this is a MSFS, navigraph or FBW issue

4 hours ago, xiao8080 said:

Does CRJ have automatic landing function? Or must the autopilot be disconnected between 200 and 1000 feet? For example, even if the default aircraft A320 descends in ILS mode, it must disconnect the automatic driving at the last minute and manually level before landing, otherwise there will be a very, very heavy landing.

As far as I can tell the real life CRJ does not have autoland capability and while an option, most CRJ's do not have an autothrottle.   The CRJ must be flown and/or closely monitored in al phases of flight.  That said, having flown the CRJ Pro in P3D v4 and V5, flying a coupled approach to minimums and going manual for the landing has never been a problem.  In fact hand flying an ILS, RNAV or other app to minimums has never been a problem.  It is all about being stable (pitch, power, trim).

• Like 1
  • Upvote 6

44 minutes ago, slippingwithflapsin said:

Welcome! I was in the same boat about a year ago. I would say that with any accurate airliner simulation comes a learning curve and some studying to be done, unless you're flying a cheap crappy addon (such as the recent 737MAX but you didn't hear it from me) with no real simulated systems. I'd say this is a great jet to dive into for the first time. It's not necessarily "study level" as Aerosoft has said, but it does have very accurate systems that require a depth of touch that simmers can still access without being too complex for the mass of MFS users.

Thankyou for the welcome and the info.  It does sound like this will be the perfect aircraft then for my step up to the big boys, just watched the latest Video from The dude, and will admit I’m rather impressed by the detail I’m seeing.  

Obviously I’m just a sim pilot with next to no real life experience in a cockpit, so can only go on what I’ve seen with other sim addons, but there does certainly seem to be enough here to keep me intrested and give that nice learning curve that I do so enjoy.

Think it’s fair to say, I’ve just found my next aircraft purchase.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, EasternT3 said:

I'm just flying into KORD in the FBW A32NX and noticed an issue where no STARs appear in the FMS, do they appear in the CRJ FMS when flying into KORD, I can't work out if this is a MSFS, navigraph or FBW issue

This is an issue with the combination of Navigraph/Asobo KORD. Asobo KORD is missing runways, so the sim just doesn't load any of the procedures that Navigraph provides. You can fix it by getting a 3rd party KORD that includes those runways

1 minute ago, Gasoline said:

This is an issue with the combination of Navigraph/Asobo KORD. Asobo KORD is missing runways, so the sim just doesn't load any of the procedures that Navigraph provides. You can fix it by getting a 3rd party KORD that includes those runways

I have FSDT's KORD and running cycle 2102 (sorry Mathijs, not meaning to highjack the thread)

3 minutes ago, dbaum67 said:

@EasternT3I have flown into KORD many times and I am sure there is not any sids in the sim. Have flown into that airport multiple times already with the FBW and in other sims too.

Just looked and there's no SIDs (well apart from the O'Hare 6) but there's about 12 STARs

9 minutes ago, Mathijs Kok said:

That was what the lol was for.

I honestly wish I was a fly on the wall of the meetings that followed the marketing decision that led to that blackout. I have a feeling that crow was served and eaten. 

Not that I expect to ever actually hear about it 😂

3 minutes ago, EasternT3 said:

I have FSDT's KORD and running cycle 2102 (sorry Mathijs, not meaning to highjack the thread)

Make sure you do not have Asobo KORD installed in addition to the FSDT scenery, then uninstall the AIRAC cycle, launch MSFS to reset the scenery file, close it and reinstall the cycle. That should fix it.

16 minutes ago, EasternT3 said:

Just looked and there's no SIDs (well apart from the O'Hare 6) but there's about 12 STARs

That is how it is irl.  O’hare has never had SIDs.  Always been an iteration of the ORD6 RV departure.  Makes it easy when the surrounding area is flat as can be.  They don’t call us Illinois Flatlanders for nothing ;)

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Gasoline said:

Make sure you do not have Asobo KORD installed in addition to the FSDT scenery, then uninstall the AIRAC cycle, launch MSFS to reset the scenery file, close it and reinstall the cycle. That should fix it.

Thanks I'll try this tomorrow

2 minutes ago, ual763 said:

That is how it is irl.  O’hare has never had SIDs.  Always been an iteration of the ORD6 RV departure.  Makes it easy when the surrounding area is flat as can be.  They don’t call us Illinois Flatlanders for nothing ;)

Thanks, sorry SIDs weren't the issue it's STARs. Judging what you said about Illinois, I think you are the Lincolnshire of the US ;) 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, EasternT3 said:

Judging what you said about Illinois, I think you are the Lincolnshire of the US

Fellow Illinoisan here. That statement couldn't be more accurate, in my opinion. In fact, I think someone has already beaten you to that same realization because Illinois actually has a town named Lincolnshire.

• Like 2

• Root Admin
30 minutes ago, Abriael said:

I honestly wish I was a fly on the wall of the meetings that followed the marketing decision that led to that blackout. I have a feeling that crow was served and eaten. 

Honestly, not.  Things did not go as planned and my CEO's needed to set things as they wanted them to be done. In these cases it is better to shut things down and then decide what should be done. I do exactly the same in the departments I am responsible for. But Aerosoft is seriously a very nice company to work for.  We fight hard for what we feel is right, that is what is expected from everybody. Then we discuss and then a decision is made.  If you do not stand up for what you feel should be done, tough luck.

My CEO's do not always agree, but as the person responsible for forums etc  I love Aerosoft for the fact once in a blue moon this is visible to customers. It means we are as open as we possibly can.  And every single time I seen that readers accept a clean explanation. Be as open and honest as possible and do not say 'it will be released when it is done' and in my experience our potential customers will be okay. 

• Like 12
  • Upvote 2