Aerosoft Aircraft: CRJ

Hans Hartmann

4 minutes ago, zenit_swe said:

Really nice! But what happened to episode 3? 🙂

I am quoting him here "The originating checks will be a long video but after that it will be possible to speed up the production a bit because I will have less to explain." So he choose to skip it to make the videos come out faster. :) 

vor 32 Minuten, The Dude sagte:

I decided to make episode 4 first and I am now working on epsode 3. I wanted a new video for you guys yesterday and the FMS was easier to make. If all goes well episode 3 will be online this evening (CET). 

George-Lucas-Style :D

• Like 5
  • Upvote 4

9 hours ago, Jaden Cuffy said:

Sim update 3 is delayed by a week, hopefully this doesn't effect anything.

It looks like it's delayed to fix the flap issue, I can't remember if Mathijs said this affect the CRJ or not, like Chris said we'll find out Monday, also it's not applicable for the CRJ buts it's nice we're seeing a SDK roadmap now as well

• Like 1

13 hours ago, The Dude said:

Since my last video YouTube has been so kind as to process my videos faster. Going from the upload to 4K streaming only took 5 minutes instead of the usual hours and hours.

Here you go, Episode 4!

Love the counting of the clicks to make sure you're doing things the fastest way! I've definitely done this before 😅

3 hours ago, sgmoore3617 said:

I am quoting him here "The originating checks will be a long video but after that it will be possible to speed up the production a bit because I will have less to explain." So he choose to skip it to make the videos come out faster. :) 

Ah, sorry I missed that.

1 hour ago, Chris Torres said:

Please Mathijs dont delay the release just because the sim update is delayed. Thanks!

And then read people complain about something is wrong? CJR has to come out after sim update, I expect to be released week after SimUpdate just to be sure that everything is OK. 

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 7

2 hours ago, EasternT3 said:

It looks like it's delayed to fix the flap issue, I can't remember if Mathijs said this affect the CRJ or not, like Chris said we'll find out Monday, also it's not applicable for the CRJ buts it's nice we're seeing a SDK roadmap now as well

• Like 1

Does CRJ have automatic landing function? Or must the autopilot be disconnected between 200 and 1000 feet? For example, even if the default aircraft A320 descends in ILS mode, it must disconnect the automatic driving at the last minute and manually level before landing, otherwise there will be a very, very heavy landing.

• CRJ Forum Moderator
33 minutes ago, xiao8080 said:

Does CRJ have automatic landing function? Or must the autopilot be disconnected between 200 and 1000 feet? For example, even if the default aircraft A320 descends in ILS mode, it must disconnect the automatic driving at the last minute and manually level before landing, otherwise there will be a very, very heavy landing.

The real CRJ does not have autoland. All landings must be hand flown. 

15 hours ago, JayViation said:

The CRT effects are incredible 👍

Hi Aerosoft,

Looks really cool in 4K. Nice work.

I asume that the CRT reflections and MCDU screen curve are intented - is this effect related to a special view mode?

Thank you.

image.png.6eee0c774005cedb6b955079391290ff.png

3 hours ago, Chris Torres said:

Please Mathijs dont delay the release just because the sim update is delayed. Thanks!

Given Aerosoft's track record, I would suggest we can trust them to use their best judgement to release it when it's ready.

• Upvote 2

• Deputy Sheriffs
4 minutes ago, AVFC said:

I asume that the CRT reflections and MCDU screen curve are intented - is this effect related to a special view mode?

Go read the discription in the video! ;)

On 2/24/2021 at 1:53 PM, Mathijs Kok said:

Will ask about 1) but for your second question I think a image is the best reply.  Right Alt + Mouse click will undock a display.  Go wild.

image.png

@Mathijs Kok, will it be possible to pop out the entire CDU (with LSK buttons) to a new window? This would allow for users to move the windows to touch screen displays and actually 'touch-type' on the buttons. In this image, is seems that only the display itself can be popped out. I was just wondering if this was a possibility/might be planned in the future? 

Not a problem if not - just curious! Looking forward to Monday :)

• Root Admin
20 hours ago, ArcticMarkus said:

As always it has been an absolute pleasure following this project, and the frequent communication from Aerosoft has made me a lot more interested in this project than I probably would have been otherwise. You can really feel the excitement and passion from the team and it's contagious

The infallible Aerosoft Marketing Machine at work, lol.

• Like 1

Good afternoon everyone.   I am primarily a GA sim pilot with many hours simming from DCS to FSX, P3D, Xplane and now MSFS2020. I tend to prefer more complex simulations such as aircraft from A2A, but I’ve never really delved into the world of airliner simulation.

I’ve recently I.E. a month ago started using the Fly by wire mod of the A320Neo in 2020 and surprisingly found that I really enjoyed flying airliners as opposed to my normal low and slow flights across the scenery. So I’m looking into how I can advance that experience and knowledge. 

I stumbled across a few videos by The dude a few days ago showing off this aircraft addon, and I have to admit it’s rather peaked my intrest.     As I gather the gentleman doing these vids is a real world pilot himself and it certainly appears that this a a true complex simulation of the CRJ.  

Can you guys confirm that I’m right in that assumption, and basically would this be a good airliner for me to cut my teeth on, to break into this part of the simulation world.

I’ve only really ever used Aerosoft to purchase Hardware or airport scenery in the past, so not ever looked at any of their aircraft before, so don’t know where they scale in terms of complexity, personally I’m after as complex as possible as I adore learning as much as is possible in a home simulation about operating aircraft.

• Like 1