Aerosoft Aircraft: CRJ

Hans Hartmann

• Deputy Sheriffs
9 minutes ago, EightBitGoose said:

Speaking of videos... would you consider doing a video on diversions and go-arounds?

Sounds like a good idea to do sometime after release yes!

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Jaden Cuffy said:

They said the *dates* are getting announced on Monday ;) 

I know, but my thought process is that why set expectations to maybe just miss the self imposed dates, when you can say you’ll release dates on Monday, but just make that THE date. Monday sounds like a good release date 

2 hours ago, Mathijs Kok said:

Wait.... and the Illuminati have nothing to do with it. Riiiiight.... Oh you poor misguided soul. 

Might I make a short personal comment? 

While it is frustrating not being able to give the release date and having to hide some stuff. I, and the complete team behind this project (I am really just the assigned figurehead, the real aces are the developers, I type, they code and model), thoroughly enjoy the conversation here.  Sure, there are hiccups and sometimes tempers flare. But this is 2021 and the internet, right? 

But let me tell you, the whole team reads these posts and love the enthusiasm, support and general spirit. It means a lot to us. We have always tried to include the people who pay for the product, see how the product is made (insert joke about sausage here). Even when thing did not go as planned. 

I started with FS as a hobby because I could not pay for flight lessons. I stayed in the hobby because I could fly aircraft I could not afford to take lessons in later on. But more and more it was the community that attracted me most. Flightsimmers are weird. They spend their hobby time learning something new. Because that is what flight simulator is about. Learning new skills. Not how to shoot down zombies faster, but how to get a mental picture in your head about a complex approach. Not only skill, but also knowledge.  If ATC asked you if you can do a direct to this and that VOR and arrive at that altitude, you do not have time to make calculations, you got to have the answer somewhere in the back of your mind. Yes, we can do that in this aircraft, with this weather. Or no way, the passengers would start to scream if we try. 

Now people who do that as a hobby are almost always people I can have a conversation with over a beer in a hotel lobby (remember pre-covid?). They are not stupid, they almost always have something to say.  They are also willing to assist other people. The real cool once remember the first time they done a low ceiling ILS landing and saw the runway magically appear in front of them when the broke the cloud cover at 250 feet. The first time you do that is magical. You solved a problem.  Now add 20 knots of crosswind and do it again.  As said, flight simming is learning, seeking new challenges. Exploring new airports.

*Bugles sound, a tear rolls down my face*

22 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Since my last video YouTube has been so kind as to process my videos faster. Going from the upload to 4K streaming only took 5 minutes instead of the usual hours and hours.

Here you go, Episode 4!

Thanks so much The Dude for keeping us all sane (well some of us anyway here!) while we wait for release!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Mathijs Kok said:

I started with FS as a hobby because I could not pay for flight lessons. I stayed in the hobby because I could fly aircraft I could not afford to take lessons in later on. But more and more it was the community that attracted me most. Flightsimmers are weird. They spend their hobby time learning something new. Because that is what flight simulator is about. Learning new skills. 

I love the flightsim community, when i was young (9 years ago) I started using fsx, just for fun. months passed on and I find vatsim, the Vatsim community teached me everything about  flight, flight plan, fraseology and etc. So when I was 15 years old I decided that I want to be a pilot. But my father told me that he didn't have money to pay my flight hours.  I cried and almost gave up my dream, but i discover that Brazil has a government program which finances my flight lessons. I am now 22 years old, almost finishing my graduation in Aeronautical science and I'm using this finance to get my flight hours. The advantage of being in a governement program is that I have 20 years to pay that without fees and interest free.  I hope that in a few years I will be a real pilot and I will never forget about the flightsim community ❤️

• Like 13

42 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Since my last video YouTube has been so kind as to process my videos faster. Going from the upload to 4K streaming only took 5 minutes instead of the usual hours and hours.

Here you go, Episode 4!

Thank you! something to cheer me up after the Man Utd game haha

3 minutes ago, Luiz Felipe said:

I love the flightsim community, when i was young (9 years ago) I started using fsx, just for fun. months passed on and I find vatsim, the Vatsim community teached me everything about  flight, flight plan, fraseology and etc. So when I was 15 years old I decided that I want to be a pilot. But my father told me that he didn't have money to pay my flight hours.  I cried and almost gave up my dream, but i discover that Brazil has a government program which finances my flight lessons. I am now 22 years old, almost finishing my graduation in Aeronautical science and I'm using this finance to get my flight hours. The advantage of being in a governement program is that I have 20 years to pay that without fees and interest free.

Wonderful story and it just goes to show, one should never give up on your dreams and governments can be a force for good and for positive change, thank you so much for sharing and the very best of luck. 

• Like 3

47 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Here you go, Episode 4!

The CRT effects are incredible 👍

1 hour ago, NonstopFlying said:

Quick question, don't know if it has been asked yet but how is it looking with a weather radar? is that implemented.

Thanks Henrik

I hope that if it is implemented, it is better than the default one! That one sucks and barely accurate. 

@Mathijs Kok does the CRJ have an aerosoft-quality WX radar? 

4 hours ago, zenit_swe said:

I should perhaps mention that I have all my assignments in FSUIPC, but I'm pretty sure you can assign a button to "decrease thrust" in MSFS as well. But as I said, you don't get any control of the amount of reverse thrust but if you're OK with that it's a great solution

f2, same as P3d, I have mine set up with fsuipc on a button I hold down then release and it goes to f1 on release.

4 hours ago, Mathijs Kok said:

Flightsimmers are weird.

I agree with you. But, of course, in a good way. Our hobby is a bit (a lot) addictive and thus we can sometimes experience some weird behavior due to the fervor and passion exhibited at times. However, in my many years of simming, I have always found the vast majority of the community to be very generous in helping others when they (inevitably) encounter problems.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, The Dude said:

Here you go, Episode 4!

First time poster, day 1 lurker. Super excited for Monday!

@TheDude awesome tutorial! One question: will it be possible to do DIRECT-TOs, skipping waypoints (or STARs/APPs), holds, and/or missed approaches? It’s barely possible in the current airliners, and these are vital when flying on VATSIM.

maybe @Mathijs Kok can help answer this too? 
well done once again!

• Administrator
6 hours ago, NineteenZeroFour said:

I think we need to update the first post as a FAQ now... so we can just direct people to that. And of course it can be update as new info is announced (wing flex!)

I've published our CRJ section on our helpdesk: https://helpdesk.aerosoft.com/portal/en/kb/microsoft-flight-simulator/aerosoft-crj which contains an up-to-date FAQ, a preview images article, and an article with the current video tutorials. After the release, we'll update this with further useful information and quick tutorials.

The section is currently only available on the English version of our helpdesk, but we'll update it for other languages once we have the availability to do so.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

• Deputy Sheriffs
7 hours ago, SantaGrapes said:

One question: will it be possible to do DIRECT-TOs, skipping waypoints (or STARs/APPs), holds, and/or missed approaches?

I actually count four questions there ;) But yes, all those functions are modeled and the CRJ is Vatsim/IVAO "capable".

• Like 3

10 hours ago, The Dude said:

Here you go, Episode 4!

Really nice! But what happened to episode 3? 🙂