Aerosoft Aircraft: CRJ

Hans Hartmann

2 minutes ago, The Dude said:

I just finished episode 4: Inputting stuff into the FMS. It depends on YT and how fast they can make the 4K version available. I am betting late this evening at the earliest. 

How many episodes in total are you hoping to make? 

• Deputy Sheriffs

The first series will be about 9-10 Episodes and will cover the tutorial flight. 

Another series is planned at a later time where we will discuss individual systems and maybe even do a polling to see what could be a popular topic to address. 

• Like 13

• Deputy Sheriffs
4 minutes ago, Patrick Cullen said:

Already on episode 4 , nice 

Not quite, I will make episode 3 tomorrow but decided to first do episode 4. ;)

The originating checks will be a long video but after that it will be possible to speed up the production a bit because I will have less to explain. 

• Like 10

3 minutes ago, The Dude said:

The originating checks will be a long video but after that it will be possible to speed up the production a bit because I will have less to explain. 

Looking forward to them, question about real life, as the CRJ is a regional jet and not many pax, are the turnarounds quick (30-35 mins) or did/do you have longer turnarounds as well?

9 minutes ago, The Dude said:

The first series will be about 9-10 Episodes and will cover the tutorial flight. 

Another series is planned at a later time where we will discuss individual system and maybe even do a polling to see what could be a popular topic to address. 

Awesome!  I would love to eventually have one that explains in-flight contingencies, or abnormalities.  I’m not talking about failures, but rather when ATC asks you to do something unexpected, or just some things that don’t happen often, but can catch one off guard if you don’t know what to do.  So think Holding procedures, Lateral track offsets, radial intercepts, etc.

Cheers,

Rob 

• Like 1

I have a question. "Reverse thrust reserve area" described in Volume 1. I don't have this area on my BRAVO THROTTLE QUADRANT. On other airplanes, the reverse thrust is realized by the button at the bottom of the throttle shaft. How to set thrust reverser on CRJ?

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, The Dude said:

OCD be like 🤯🤯

hahaha 🤣

• Root Admin
1 hour ago, xiao8080 said:

I have a question. "Reverse thrust reserve area" described in Volume 1. I don't have this area on my BRAVO THROTTLE QUADRANT. On other airplanes, the reverse thrust is realized by the button at the bottom of the throttle shaft. How to set thrust reverser on CRJ?

By pulling it passed the detent on the throttle axis. 

• Like 1

Loading “external” flightplans is possible within the FMS. Saving them not. 

Ah perfect! So it means that I can download a generated flightplan from Simbrief. However, I hope the format of the flightplan is supported by Simbrief, they do however have the support for Aerosoft CRJ flightplan but for P3D version, I'd assume MSFS takes the same flightplan format as the P3D version?

1 hour ago, Jaden Cuffy said:

Will there be an episode about turnarounds?

Aside to this, I've heard to minimize time on the ground you often would start planning the next flight before landing? Is this true and possible in this version? 

Believe me I'm no pilot, but I would guess that if you want to maximize realism then you should input the flight plan after the aircraft is in the turnaround state. If you're on a time crunch, then I assume you can just input you next FPL plan into the secondary FPL and make active once landed. 

• Like 2

I just finished episode 4: Inputting stuff into the FMS. It depends on YT and how fast they can make the 4K version available. I am betting late this evening at the earliest. 

Processing time to SD is really quick, but processing to 4K can be quite long. Even a very short video can take hours. Stats indicate that 300-500 hours of video is upload every minute to YouTube! Just depends when your upload gets into the queue.

1 minute ago, Ccurrie5 said:

If you're on a time crunch, then I assume you can just input you next FPL plan into the secondary FPL and make active once landed. 

I pretty sure FD2S has said a few times this is what his operator does on every flight

vor 24 Minuten, Mathijs Kok sagte:

So it won’t be possible to use the reverse levers on the Bravo Throttle? 

We’re on page 125, which is also 5^3. The 5 corresponds to the CRJ 550, which is the 5th of the Next-Gen line, and that’s 3 5s, which if you multiply it all you get 125, which is the number of pages in this thread.

Which means the CRJ will be released on this page. 

If you all liked my analysis, I strongly recommend you read my best-seller book The DaVinci Code. Thank you for tuning in.

• Like 8

30 minutes ago, Mathijs Kok said:

I think what @xiao8080 meant is that on some peripherals (for instance the Saitek/Logitech quadrant) the reverse part is technically not on the same axis and is technically a "button" as far as MFS is concerned, there's either MAX or no reverse. Some quadrants may have reverse on the actual axis (I wouldn't know because I have flown with the Saitek for all of my time as a FlightSimmer) but the concern is that that might not work with the configuration in the EFB, if not I suppose default reverse key assignments work on the CRJ? I've gotten pretty used to mine by now.

• Upvote 1