Aerosoft Aircraft: CRJ

Hans Hartmann

• Deputy Sheriffs
4 minutes ago, Patrick Cullen said:

@The Dude thanks for the video today, let’s get the hype back on. Can we except a video tomorrow? 🤞

Do not know yet. The outside view videos are finished and posted. I am now working on the FMS episode. There after the originating checks. I hope to finish the FMS tomorrow morning. A bit of editing and uploading to YT with waiting for 4K to become available. If it works out it will be later in the day, early evening. But no promises. Friday at the latest there will be one for sure.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 6
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, vjcarlo said:

Just a heads up Mark...your VA may not like having your sig attached to your forum signature here.  Reputations have a way of being shared amongst pilots and their VA.

This is a veiled threat.  I looked around to find some craps to give, but there weren't any.

• Downvote 25

1 hour ago, EightBitGoose said:

Anyways... what's everybody's favorite approach in flight-sim? For me it's runway 32 in to Tivat, Montenegro.

Gotta go with KDCA River Visual, never the same, especially when you have a 15 knot crosswind during the turn, and especially with the crj.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, The Dude said:

Do not know yet. The outside view videos are finished and posted. I am now working on the FMS episode. There after the originating checks. I hope to finish the FMS tomorrow morning. A bit of editing and uploading to YT with waiting for 4K to become available. If it works out it will be later in the day, early evening. But no promises. Friday at the latest there will be one for sure.

These videos, thus far have been epic, I have watched each multiple times and can't thank you enough for adding to my pending enjoyment of this plane.... 

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

vor 1 minute, The Dude sagte:

I am now working on the FMS episode.

FMS is always an interesting topic ;) 

vor 2 Minuten, The Dude sagte:

Friday at the latest there will be one for sure

Thanks for your effort and time in those videos 🏆 They really help a lot to understand things better and to get more pictures of the CRJ efore it's released :D 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

vor 1 hour , Zyonix007 sagte:

I hope you guys realize that if they have to fix the door texture we wont have the plane for a few more days. get over it, it's a door. not even just a door... THE INSIDE of the door..

Yes for the initial release it's not that important but later on it would be great to have the door on the same high quality level like the rest of the aircraft :D But as Mathijs said earlier it's way more important that the important parts of the plane look amazing. The door side is imao not the most important part of the CRJ  ;) 

6 hours ago, Mathijs Kok said:

On the first, not planned on release, might be added. But cockpit builders are really not the market we are aiming for right now.

Another vote for offsets eventually becoming available 🙏

Vor 1 Stunde, Mathijs Kok sagte:

Yes there is and it will be damned cool. We spend days on getting that right.  Repainters will be able to get 95% of the details we include. Without having to have access to the 3d file (which you will never get) and without expensive tools. You just need a bit more skills then before.

Awesome news. Thank you. 🏆

25 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Can’t wait for this one

7 hours ago, Mathijs Kok said:

On the first, not planned on release, might be added. But cockpit builders are really not the market we are aiming for right now.

Can you provide list of L and H variables used, same kind of excel sheet like there is for your Airbus.
Or does that fall in the same category as FSUIPC offsets?

1 hour ago, The Dude said:

Looking forward to the remaining videos, even for someone who has some knowledge of how to operate the CRJ, they deffo help, I love watching pro pilots, (you, FD2S, V1 Sim etc) always picking up new tips and tricks and most importantly understanding why

• Like 1

As someone who has been around game developers for a long, long time, I embrace and welcome seeing a developer who doesn't refrain from telling people they're being silly when that's obviously the case. 🤗

I'm really, really looking forward to exploring the way Aerosoft devised to make decals accessible to repainters. My photoshop is ready. Bring it on :D

Expect Ibex's hot pink and purple goodness as soon as I can wrap my head around it.

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 4

10 hours ago, Mathijs Kok said:

Да, есть, и это будет чертовски круто. Мы тратим дни на то, чтобы сделать это правильно. Перекрасщики смогут получить 95% деталей, которые мы включаем. Без необходимости иметь доступ к 3d-файлу (который вы никогда не получите) и без дорогостоящих инструментов. Вам просто нужно немного больше навыков, чем раньше.

Thank you so much for this amazing news!
I am very glad that this will happen. I alltime dreamed of drawing the livery of his favorite airline for this plane.
I'm just happy with your news. Now I don't have to spend 3 years learning the 3D-blender and asking for the original plane files. Thank!

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

9 hours ago, Abriael said:

As someone who has been around game developers for a long, long time, I embrace and welcome seeing a developer who doesn't refrain from telling people they're being silly when that's obviously the case. 🤗

I'm really, really looking forward to exploring the way Aerosoft devised to make decals accessible to repainters. My photoshop is ready. Bring it on :D

Expect Ibex's hot pink and purple goodness as soon as I can wrap my head around it.

Awesome! It will be great flying as IBEX since we got a nice Japan update :D Looking forward to it.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I have few questions, maybe they were answered and I didn't see :) :

1. Can we load and save flightplans?
  2. Is setting a tiller axis supported at the moment? I know that MSFS doesn't have a tiller axis and hence I am wondering if you guys being blocked by this in case there is still no support for it in the CRJ.

Thanks,

Omar

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Omar Al-Safi said:

2. Is setting a tiller axis supported at the moment? I know that MSFS doesn't have a tiller axis and hence I am wondering if you guys being blocked by this in case there is still no support for it in the CRJ.

Thanks,

Omar

1) I understand you can load flightplans from simbrief that you have created and downloaded in the CRJ format.  'Most' CRJ flights are short hops so they are saying you can enter all FMC route data in the preflight phase with less time to gain experience. 

• Like 1

• Root Admin
15 hours ago, bLindye said:

Can you provide list of L and H variables used, same kind of excel sheet like there is for your Airbus.
Or does that fall in the same category as FSUIPC offsets?

I think that can be done.

• Thanks 2

• Root Admin
1 hour ago, lcuesta said:

a very complicated question, in the audio control panel, flying with vatsim can you change the volume, either raise or lower the volume?

Control the volume if Vatsim voice? I do not think so.

• Root Admin
1 hour ago, Omar Al-Safi said:

The CRJ is not able to load and recall flight plans as far as I am aware. And unfortunately MFS does not use a tiller axis at this moment. The code is ready to implement it the moment it will become available.

• Like 4

17 hours ago, MultiMediaWill said:

I'm curious as to the limitations that you're encountering that might prevent a more smoothed interior view out the window? 

Its seriously just not worth the poly, pixels, fps, etc.  Would you seriously rather have your perfect realistic 1:1 4k modeled window, or have an approach without insane fps drops?  Personally, I’d say I prefer a smooth approach over a window seat they were kind enough to give us in the first place.  Aerosoft has gone above and beyond what any of us were expecting, and I think a few of you are getting greedy.

• Upvote 3

• Deputy Sheriffs

I just finished episode 4: Inputting stuff into the FMS. It depends on YT and how fast they can make the 4K version available. I am betting late this evening at the earliest. 

• Like 10
  • Thanks 2
  • Upvote 2