If you cannot find the message you posted we probably moved it to the correct forum section! ×

1 minute ago, Xanys Lecix said:

And one question, when is the paintkit expected to be released? Before or after CRJ release? 

I already asked for the paintkit pre-release. Mathijs said he would ask 

• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Dear friends, we are really sorry this message is released later then we hoped.   We are excited to announce that the Aerosoft CRJ 550/700 for the Microsoft Flight Simulator will be released

I will add my support to Mathijs sentiment here.  One of the things we constantly try to snuff out is this popular meme that developers are all in competition with one another like newspaper barkers o

My sincerest apologies for this situation - it was a couple members of our team who exercised rather poor judgement, and they have been spoken to. I assure you this won't happen again. We have the hig

Posted Images

46 minutes ago, Mathijs Kok said:

Friends I am shutting down the discussion on the issues regarding repaint and how complex they are. We have spend a serious amount of time on it and we believe we have a good middle ground. But there is too much misinformation and misguidance here. If you want that discussion, there are many other forums.

This a 8K texture shown in the optimal resolution in the sim:

A320NEO_AIRFRAME_FUSELAGE_ALBD.jpg

That is the best possible resolution.  This 8K texture takes 192 MB in graphics memory. You need many to cover an aircraft.

Now this is how a decal in the best possible resolution will show, the decal size is minimal 12MB.

CRJ_DECAL.jpg

EVERY single character is sharp and readable.  And it will be faster, more memory efficient and look way better. It is FSX versus MFS technology. 

I understand how it works now, thanks!

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1
3 minutes ago, Mathijs Kok said:

Repainters will be able to get 95% of the details we include. Without having to have access to the 3d file (which you will never get) and without expensive tools. You just need a bit more skills then before.

Hey! That's cool! Can't wait to get my hands on it to see what it's like. I've seen a few livery requests in here and I guess I might try to make some of those people happy if you haven't already (I haven't seen a complete livery list yet and you probably noticed the IBEX suggestions and so on, so I'll probably be a bit late). It's nice to hear though.

Just now, Mathijs Kok said:

Yes and I apologize for that. We have no idea what actually happened but it seemed we upset some people in the FBW Discord channel. Now that is weird as I promoted that project several times and still consider it one of the coolest things in MFS at this moment. Some of the people from that forum chat made several account to avoid limitations and used them to upvote there own posts. Something the FBW Discord channel frowns up on seriously. 

These are NOT public forums, these are our company forums. We decide what is acceptable and not. There are many forums where you can say what you want. Not here. If I see nonsense being posted that affects our products I will try to explain. If that does not help and the same incorrect information is posted we will take some action. That same information is then send from a new account from the same IP we have had enough. 

The FBW project has our love and admiration, the fact some people had misguided ideas does not change that in any way. 

And I wanted to apologize if you took the comment I said a bit bad, it wasn't my intention overall.

• Like 1
  • Root Admin
5 minutes ago, Zyonix007 said:

I already asked for the paintkit pre-release. Mathijs said he would ask 

And the reply was that we have to be 100% sure that all the details and decals are done before we can share that. If not we could really piss off people who spend a lot of time working on it and finding it does not work.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1
Just now, Mathijs Kok said:

20:58.... started at 08:00. Time for some wine, some food, walking the dog,  talking to the horses and perhaps some incredibly stupid TV.  I can recommend that to anybody!

Wine idea seems pretty good.

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, Mathijs Kok said:

perhaps some incredibly stupid TV.  I can recommend that to anybody!

Hahaha, you're killing me. It's so funny hearing what some people (on TV) are actually thinking, couldn't agree more. Have a nice day (well, evening/night at this point)!

On 2/23/2021 at 11:23 AM, Mathijs Kok said:

Well it is a bit more complex, but Asobo (and Microsoft!) is extremely responsive to what we suggest. I have met many off the people Asobo has in Bordeaux and they share one thing. They love the sim. They will always listen. 

Agreed.  You can tell in every Live Developer Q&A Microsoft and Asobo hold on Twitch that there is true passion in growing this sim.  It's really encouraging to see.

9 hours ago, HugoTro said:

If you want the European version of this long trip, then this is for you

70C96DEE-C766-49BA-A286-48B4C8A971F0.jpeg

It's amazing how far they stretch the segments on these.

7 hours ago, crowmium said:

A flight I took on a CRJ from IAH-YYC was about 5 hours iirc. I believe it was a Jazz CRJ9. (Edit: IAH not DFW) 

Wow, that's way too long to spend in a CRJ.  On the plus side, at least they have in-seat PTV's.  Makes it somewhat bearable.

• Like 1
On 20.2.2021 at 18:12, Mathijs Kok sagte:

Well you will love the 'Come Fly With Me' tutorial videos... TheDude is a fantastic teacher and as he has thousands of hours at the helm of CRJ even knows what he is talking about.  https://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?/forum/1061-come-fly-with-me-by-the-dude/

As we said, we know this will be for many people the first seriously complex aircraft, and for many even their first flight simulator. So we will do a lot to assist. 

Love it! Looking forward!

• Thanks 2
31 minutes ago, Mathijs Kok said:

20:58.... started at 08:00. Time for some wine, some food, walking the dog,  talking to the horses and perhaps some incredibly stupid TV.  I can recommend that to anybody!

Thank you Mathijs, Stefan, the Dude and Hans for some very great news, video,  and feature announcements on this Wednesday.  So sad the last half of this day was a wasted read about useless garbage.  Enjoy a restful evening and some stupid TV... g'night.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
1 hour ago, Zyonix007 said:

This is what really sucks about the flight sim community.

Aerosoft does something awesome and shows us previews PRE RELEASE which they don't have to and are extremely open to suggestions . They build an aircraft that looks to be AMAZING quality for only the price of lunch at a nice restaurant. And what do some people do? they complain about the most absurd shit. "the wingflex" "the cockpit door" and funniest of all "the inside of the door texture" which is about the dumbest thing to complain about yes we get it its not 90K quality but who cares it's the inside of a door you never look at, this is not door repair simulator, it's a flight simulator. 

We should thank Aerosoft for even showing us previews..

Careful...lol...you are soon to be accused of hostility.  I would suggest when we make posts like this we include some safety zone tape and a teddy bear and possibly a hurt feelings report.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 33
1 hour ago, Mark Crabtree said:

Careful...lol...you are soon to be accused of hostility.  I would suggest when we make posts like this we include some safety zone tape and a teddy bear and possibly a hurt feelings report.

Just a heads up Mark...your VA may not like having your VA's link attached to your forum signature here.  Reputations have a way of being shared amongst pilots and their VA.

• Upvote 3
2 hours ago, DGH said:

@Mathijs Kok

Question 

how will the ever lasting MSFS “patch soap” turn out for these kind of payware add-ons ?

i mean with each and every patch something is happening to flight dynamics for example. How will Aerosoft deal with that ?

i mean will you make a hot-fix ... when you know a month later that hotfix is not needed anymore for example ( happening now with flap issues in freeware aircraft ) 

I am sure they will handle it the same way they handled the same issues in P3D.  When an update broke something, Aerosoft identified it, fixed it and released a patch for it.  If you are new to flightsims I will let you know that this is not an area to be remotely concerned about with regard to companies like Aerosoft.

• Like 3