• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Dear friends, we are really sorry this message is released later then we hoped.   We are excited to announce that the Aerosoft CRJ 550/700 for the Microsoft Flight Simulator will be released

I will add my support to Mathijs sentiment here.  One of the things we constantly try to snuff out is this popular meme that developers are all in competition with one another like newspaper barkers o

My sincerest apologies for this situation - it was a couple members of our team who exercised rather poor judgement, and they have been spoken to. I assure you this won't happen again. We have the hig

Posted Images

26 minutes ago, Mathijs Kok said:

Friends I am shutting down the discussion on the issues regarding repaint and how complex they are. We have spend a serious amount of time on it and we believe we have a good middle ground. But there is too much misinformation and misguidance here. If you want that discussion, there are many other forums.

This a 8K texture shown in the optimal resolution in the sim:

A320NEO_AIRFRAME_FUSELAGE_ALBD.jpg

That is the best possible resolution.  This 8K texture takes 192 MB in graphics memory. You need many to cover an aircraft.

Now this is how a decal in the best possible resolution will show, the decal size is minimal 12MB.

CRJ_DECAL.jpg

EVERY single character is sharp and readable.  And it will be faster, more memory efficient and look way better. It is FSX versus MFS technology. 

Thank you for the information. Of course, it would be stupid to use outdated FSX technology

• Like 1
15 minutes ago, EightBitGoose said:

Anyways... what's everybody's favorite approach in flight-sim? For me it's runway 32 in to Tivat, Montenegro.

Surprisingly never really thought about it, if I had to pick it would be either ENVA with Aerosoft's scenery scenery or EKCH with Flytampa, no specific runways. Definitely gonna be operating the SAS cr9 in and out of the two quite a bit.

But then thinking about where I actually am in the world, there a ton on fun Canadian airports I could name if given time, hard decision.

• Like 1

By the way, this entire thing is being followed by the FBW discord (Hello you guys). Every reaction to any of these comments trying to prod and poke you guys into a reaction are being uploaded on their discord and laughed at and I’m sure I’ll be too when they upload a screenshot of this exact comment. Best thing to do is just ignore it.

Anyways back to a a more sane topic, anyone know of some good places to take the CRJ to visit? I was thinking aspen, but I know it’s a tricky flight.

• Like 1
  • Downvote 1
1 minute ago, WinterHuntsman said:

By the way, this entire thing is being followed by the FBW discord (Hello you guys). Every reaction to any of these comments trying to prod and poke you guys into a reaction are being uploaded on their discord and laughed at and I’m sure I’ll be too when they upload a screenshot of this exact comment. Best thing to do is just ignore it.

Anyways back to a a more sane topic, anyone know of some good places to take the CRJ to visit? I was thinking aspen, but I know it’s a tricky flight.

I know they don't fly out of there but orbx's EGLC will be nice especially with the new photogrammetry

• Like 1
Just now, Zyonix007 said:

This is what really sucks about the flight sim community.

Aerosoft does something awesome and shows us previews PRE RELEASE which they don't have to and are extremely open to suggestions . They build an aircraft that looks to be AMAZING quality for only the price of lunch at a nice restaurant. And what do some people do? they complain about the most absurd shit. "the wingflex" "the cockpit door" and funniest of all "the inside of the door texture" which is about the dumbest thing to complain about yes we get it its not 90K quality but who cares it's the inside of a door you never look at, this is not door repair simulator, it's a flight simulator. 

We should thank Aerosoft for even showing us previews..

Best thing to do is just ignore them and move on they'll go cry on another forum that we will I'm sure all stay far away from

• Like 1

I hope you guys realize that if they have to fix the door texture we wont have the plane for a few more days. get over it, it's a door. not even just a door... THE INSIDE of the door..

• Like 3
  • Upvote 5
  • Downvote 2
1 minute ago, Mathijs Kok said:

Look it simply does not make sense. Making the side of the door look better will affect the framerate when you approach an airport. Now personally I do not spend a lot of time looking at the side of a door but clearly some simmers feel different. Nothing will chance in this aspect. We feel adding a few pixels to something you see 90% of the time is where we should focus. 

your right don't change anything its not worth even 1 FPS for me personally. 

• Like 4
  • Downvote 2
  • Root Admin
Just now, Zyonix007 said:

I hope you guys realize that if they have to fix the door texture we wont have the plane for a few more days. get over it, it's a door. not even just a door... THE INSIDE of the door..

No, not the inside, the side. It's just silly.  And the topic is closed. 

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1
1 minute ago, Zyonix007 said:

This is what really sucks about the flight sim community.

Aerosoft does something awesome and shows us previews PRE RELEASE which they don't have to and are extremely open to suggestions . They build an aircraft that looks to be AMAZING quality for only the price of lunch at a nice restaurant. And what do some people do? they complain about the most absurd shit. "the wingflex" "the cockpit door" and funniest of all "the inside of the door texture" which is about the dumbest thing to complain about yes we get it its not 90K quality but who cares it's the inside of a door you never look at, this is not door repair simulator, it's a flight simulator. 

We should thank Aerosoft for even showing us previews..

Yup, people spend their time being angry about things that don't matter now. I agree. And the whole decal vs 9999999999999K textures thing is like when I tried to get my friend to use discord instead of skype. I know it might not be the most relatable metaphor, but hey ho Discord has objectively better sound quality and decals take less disk space while also providing better oportunities for details.

2 minutes ago, Andrew Sullman said:

A door is a door will it affect us flying this awesome addon.  no so i dont know why people are getting upset over a door smh

Yeah, I agree but let's just ignore them huh, doesn't make sense to blow up something like that into a huge deal.

• Like 2

I do want to ask though cause I am indeed confused.

regarding painting.. 

So does this mean we can only make liveries using blender or will we beable to do the classic livery editing using Photoshop just not with the sharp decals of the default liveries. sorta like how the default a320 liveries are? 

I understand what mathijs said. but for me personally I hope there is a way to paint using textures 

vor 1 minute, Andrew Sullman sagte:

A door is a door will it affect us flying this awesome addon.  no so i dont know why people are getting upset over a door smh

they even complain that they get a few more frames instead of 99K graphics for the side of the door. Or they fly the whole flight with the door opened and just look at the side of the door.
1 minute ago, Exile1 said:

Think I’ll be returning to the forum Monday, this has got a bit weird.

Hope we see you back the Monday! See ya. I always recommend you to check everyday the forum so you know the news that everyday get released about this CRJ. 

• Root Admin
3 minutes ago, Zyonix007 said:

So does this mean we can only make liveries using blender or will we beable to do the classic livery editing using Photoshop just not with the sharp decals of the default liveries. sorta like how the default a320 liveries are? 

I understand what mathijs said. but for me personally I hope there is a way to paint using textures 

Yes there is and it will be damned cool. We spend days on getting that right.  Repainters will be able to get 95% of the details we include. Without having to have access to the 3d file (which you will never get) and without expensive tools. You just need a bit more skills then before.

• Like 8

Yes there is and it will be damned cool. We spend days on getting that right.  Repainters will be able to get 95% of the details we include. Without having to have access to the 3d file (which you will never get) and without expensive tools. You just need a bit more skills then before.

Thats awesome. 

And one question, when is the paintkit expected to be released? Before or after CRJ release?