If you cannot find the message you posted we probably moved it to the correct forum section! ×

• Root Admin
16 minutes ago, pepperoni505 said:

. I don't see how that should impact performance.

Well believe me when I say it affects performance and memory use. It will not change. 

• Like 1
  • Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Dear friends, we are really sorry this message is released later then we hoped.   We are excited to announce that the Aerosoft CRJ 550/700 for the Microsoft Flight Simulator will be released

I will add my support to Mathijs sentiment here.  One of the things we constantly try to snuff out is this popular meme that developers are all in competition with one another like newspaper barkers o

My sincerest apologies for this situation - it was a couple members of our team who exercised rather poor judgement, and they have been spoken to. I assure you this won't happen again. We have the hig

Posted Images

• Developer
vor 18 Minuten, pepperoni505 sagte:

Sorry if I broke any rules on my last comment. I am very excited for the CRJ, but I was wondering if there were any plans to possibly upscale the textures of the cabin. Here is a pic from The Dude's latest Come Fly With Me episode: 

unknown.png

You can see how the cabin textures are a much lower resolution than the exterior. I don't see how that should impact performance.

The cabin was never thought to walk in or sit in and for costumer pleasure we added the window seals for a satisfying experience. If it´s only the door sides there may be the possibility we go over that again with more detail, but the cabin in itself will surely not see more resolution. There is a boundary value on textures and geometry the sim can take which costs also CPU time to prepare the data for the GPU what many forget. But the CPU has also to serve the rest of the sim: environment, scenery, flight model, systems modeling, AI traffic and much more. It is simply not possible to add endless detail and system simulation. The more you add, the slower the overall performance gets and the quality of development is also to not loose both dimensions out of sight. The default airliners by the way NOT come with any full cabin, but simulate only single window places you can look out. As the windows of the CRJ are rather large, we could not go the parallax texture way on the MSFS airliners to simulate a 3d outside cabin view with a special shader, but had fully to model any single cabin layout so for 550, 700, 900 and 1000.

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1
19 minutes ago, pepperoni505 said:

Sorry if I broke any rules on my last comment. I am very excited for the CRJ, but I was wondering if there were any plans to possibly upscale the textures of the cabin. Here is a pic from The Dude's latest Come Fly With Me episode: 

unknown.png

You can see how the cabin textures are a much lower resolution than the exterior. I don't see how that should impact performance.

I mean, if we have some 8K liveries for default aircraft, we can maybe hope for an 8K cabin texture to be made by a livery creator or similar, who knows...

• Developer
vor 2 Minuten, HugoTro sagte:

I mean, if we have some 8K liveries for default aircraft, we can maybe hope for an 8K cabin texture to be made by a livery creator or similar, who knows...

Where do you have 8K liveries?

• Upvote 1
4 minutes ago, Stefan Hoffmann said:

The cabin was never thought to walk in or sit in and for costumer pleasure we added the window seals for a satisfying experience. If it´s only the door sides there may be the possibility we go over that again with more detail, but the cabin in itself will surely not see more resolution. There is a boundary value on textures and geometry the sim can take which costs also CPU time to prepare the data for the GPU what many forget. But the CPU has also to serve the rest of the sim: environment, scenery, flight model, systems modeling, AI traffic and much more. It is simply not possible to add endless detail and system simulation. The more you add, the slower the overall performance gets and the quality of development is also to not loose both dimensions out of sight. The default airliners by the way NOT come with any full cabin, but simulate only single window places you can look out. As the windows of the CRJ are rather large, we could not go the parallax texture way on the MSFS airliners to simulate a 3d outside cabin view with a special shader, but had fully to model any single cabin layout so for 550, 700, 900 and 1000.

This is a great detailed response and alleviated some my concerns as posted by the OP. I'm more inclined to purchase with the knowledge of "why" something is at the tail end of development than a blanket belief that it is what it is.

Thanks!

• Upvote 1
8 minutes ago, Stefan Hoffmann said:

Никогда не думали, что в кабину можно войти или сидеть, и для удовольствия клиента мы добавили оконные уплотнители, чтобы получить удовольствие. Если речь идет только о дверных сторонах, возможно, мы рассмотрим это еще раз с более подробным описанием, но сама кабина, конечно же, не получит большего разрешения. Существует граничное значение для текстур и геометрии, которое может использовать сим, которое также требует времени процессора для подготовки данных для графического процессора, о чем многие забывают. Но ЦП также должен обслуживать остальную часть симулятора: среду, декорации, модель полета, моделирование систем, трафик ИИ и многое другое. Просто невозможно добавить бесконечные детали и симуляцию системы. Чем больше вы добавляете, тем медленнее становится общая производительность и качество разработки, чтобы не потерять оба аспекта из виду. Кстати, авиалайнеры по умолчанию НЕ идут с полной кабиной, но имитируйте только те места, из которых вы можете наблюдать за одним окном. Поскольку окна CRJ довольно большие, мы не могли использовать текстуру параллакса на авиалайнерах MSFS для имитации трехмерного внешнего вида кабины с помощью специального шейдера, но должны были полностью смоделировать любую отдельную компоновку салона, так что для 550, 700, 900 и 1000.

Is it possible to make a more rounded (smooth) shape of the porthole?

Screenshot_174.png

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 3
  • Developer
vor 8 Minuten, pepperoni505 sagte:

There are many places to find 8K liveries - one that I prefer is https://flightsim.to/c/liveries/a320neo/. There are even 16K liveries, which don't seem to have that much of a performance hit

Depends on how good this will run on a really complex aircraft/scenery setup. The recommend max dev resolution by Asobo is even 2K only, the details are to be delivered by a special second layer, called "the decal technique". The reason repainters blow up the A320Neo texture is, that the whole fuselage is fitted to a 2K map and ALL the rest is generated by DECALs. So without any 3d software repainters arent able at all to deliver detailed decors to the aircraft and their only chance is to blow up at least the Albedo map for the color information. Thats a way we wont go, as memory demands rise quadratically while doubling the pixel amount at the sides.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2
  • Root Admin
9 minutes ago, Stefan Hoffmann said:

Where do you have 8K liveries?

Friends, 1K, 2K, 4K or even 8K liveries mean ABSOLUTELY nothing in MFS. A 1K livery with good decals will look many times better than a P3D 8K livery.  Forget about these totally outdated measures. MFS is far more clever than that. 

But if you want to know why.... consider a fully white 747.  A 8K texture set would mean you need around 40 textures to cover the whole aircraft. And a small sign (text) would look like crap. Doing this in MFS you would use a 512Kb texture (white is white) and add decalls for the details. You can then add text that is 2 mm high and it will be fully sharp.

• Like 5
  • Upvote 7
  • Root Admin
11 minutes ago, pepperoni505 said:

There are many places to find 8K liveries - one that I prefer is https://flightsim.to/c/liveries/a320neo/. There are even 16K liveries, which don't seem to have that much of a performance hit

And anybody who makes those for MFS simply does not understand the new technology. You can achieve FAR better sharpness, with many times les memory use and way (wayyyyyyy) better performance using decals instead of putting it all in the base textures.

Saying that 16K textures have no influence on performance must have a very special graphics card. From the default 2K (that is close to overkill) to 16K means you are just using memory and slowing framerates. It's stupid. Stupid stupid stupid. It's old tech.

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

@Mathijs Kok

Question 

how will the ever lasting MSFS “patch soap” turn out for these kind of payware add-ons ?

i mean with each and every patch something is happening to flight dynamics for example. How will Aerosoft deal with that ?

i mean will you make a hot-fix ... when you know a month later that hotfix is not needed anymore for example ( happening now with flap issues in freeware aircraft ) 

• Root Admin
3 minutes ago, DGH said:

@Mathijs Kok

Question 

how will the ever lasting MSFS “patch soap” turn out for these kind of payware add-ons ? i mean with each and every patch something is happening to flight dynamics for example. How will Aerosoft deal with that ?

Why do you think the dev team is talking to Asobo every single day?

• Like 1

Also I'd like to add I really like the walk around video! It's not something any of us would bother with in the sim of course but it's a great showcase of the detail involved here!

Looks amazing, sounds amazing. Can't wait for Monday!

• Like 2
15 minutes ago, Mathijs Kok said:

Friends I am shutting down the discussion on the issues regarding repaint and how complex they are. We have spend a serious amount of time on it and we believe we have a good middle ground. But there is too much misinformation and misguidance here. If you want that discussion, there are many other forums.

Agreed... the external textures and the vc look spectacular.

2 minutes ago, EightBitGoose said:

Anyways... what's everybody's favorite approach in flight-sim? For me it's runway 32 in to Tivat, Montenegro.

I may be a bit biased because it’s my home airport, but 27R at KORD. Going to be flying in on that approach a lot in the near future.

• Root Admin
28 minutes ago, pepperoni505 said:

Until people are able to edit the aircraft model, it's not possible for default aircraft

No, but this is not a default aircraft, right? 

Sorry but you are simply not understanding the mechanics. 

Man I've never seen people get so worked up over a door lmao. Anyway as mathijs has said, there are other places to comment on the pixel count of a door texture. 

My question is, I was wondering if maybe after the launch of the -900/-1000 models if there were plans for some kind of "post mortem" as it were, what went well, what went not so well with the project etc

• Like 1
9 minutes ago, EightBitGoose said:

Anyways... what's everybody's favorite approach in flight-sim? For me it's runway 32 in to Tivat, Montenegro.

Not a hard approach but definitely runway 10 at TNCM, can’t wait for flytampa to bring it to MSFS

• Like 1
11 minutes ago, EightBitGoose said:

Circle to land's at LOWI, always a fun time!

• Upvote 1
Just now, lowpolybutt said:

Man I've never seen people get so worked up over a door lmao. Anyway as mathijs has said, there are other places to comment on the pixel count of a door texture. 

My question is, I was wondering if maybe after the launch of the -900/-1000 models if there were plans for some kind of "post mortem" as it were, what went well, what went not so well with the project etc

For me overall the door looks okay, but I would improve the texture of it a bit because just from a relativately far you can see it already blurry wich is a bit meh, but if it's not possible I won't die for few pixels.