vor 6 Minuten, ual763 sagte:

Would Aerosoft & Hans ever consider making a CRJ-100/200 expansion in the future after the -900/1000?  Call me crazy, but I quite like the -200.  At least from a pilot’s perspective.  They’re the fastest planes on approach due to the lack of slats.  Very fun to fly

That would be absolutely fantastic!

• Like 1
  • Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Dear friends, we are really sorry this message is released later then we hoped.   We are excited to announce that the Aerosoft CRJ 550/700 for the Microsoft Flight Simulator will be released

I will add my support to Mathijs sentiment here.  One of the things we constantly try to snuff out is this popular meme that developers are all in competition with one another like newspaper barkers o

My sincerest apologies for this situation - it was a couple members of our team who exercised rather poor judgement, and they have been spoken to. I assure you this won't happen again. We have the hig

Posted Images

12 minutes ago, EightBitGoose said:

The CRJ-200 would be awesome!

It certainly is still widespread in the USA.  And was popular 20 years ago in Europe.  

Question 

how will the ever lasting “patch soap” turn out for these kind of payware add-ons ?

i mean with each and every patch something is happening to flight dynamics for example. How will Aerosoft deal with that ?

i mean will you make a hot-fix ... when you know a month later that hotfix is not needed anymore for example ( happening now with flap issues in freeware aircraft ) 

REALLY looking forward to Monday now! How exciting!

The first high detail "airliner" for MSFS ever - what an achievement that is in itself!

Starting to plan what flights I want to do with it but I'm thinking Aerosoft Paderborn as a likely departure point!

Got to sink my head into the manuals too! If only I didn't have a major exam at work at the end of next week to worry about! 

2 minutes ago, Brembrauta said:

I have seen it use it in other sims, so I'm assuming it can IRL. No idea about MSFS though.

Just remembered there is an option in the EFB to retract the guard rails on the stairs so they don't get in the way of the jetway, so that probably means it can in MSFS as well.

• Like 3
38 minutes ago, slippingwithflapsin said:

Agreed. Even though it was outdated and had tons of bugs, I enjoyed flying the Jrollon CRJ200 on XP11. Like a little minivan in the sky.

I still fly the JRollon CRJ-200 a little bit today, prepping for Aerosofts CRJ lol

13 minutes ago, daan_vb said:

Can the CRJ use an airbridge? (In real life and the sim)

in the old CRJ Aerosoft, It was possible. I have old version 700\900 and there it is.

• Root Admin
33 minutes ago, FSXManu said:

Just a shirt question. Is a shared cockpit feature something that maybe will be added in the future? Juet winderin uf the new MSFS makes it easier somehow.

The keywords here are maybe and future. Yes.

• Like 4
2 minutes ago, Mathijs Kok said:

The keywords here are maybe and future. Yes.

Alright thank you. Hoping for it as my friend and I are doing it in the A320N atm. Also helps alot because he is relatively new to it so I can show him things better in the same cockpit

I was just reading the https://twinfinite.net/2021/02/microsoft-flight-simulator-crj-interview/  article.  This caught my eye Try to find how often a CRJ pilot had to use the APU fire fighting features. If you do not get an APU fire in the first 250.000 hours of using our products we’ll refund you. so wonder if that means random failures are built in for the CRJ.   Thanks

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1
3 minutes ago, Andrew Sullman said:

I was just reading the https://twinfinite.net/2021/02/microsoft-flight-simulator-crj-interview/  article.  This caught my eye Try to find how often a CRJ pilot had to use the APU fire fighting features. If you do not get an APU fire in the first 250.000 hours of using our products we’ll refund you. so wonder if that means random failures are built in.   does that mean random failures are implemented in the crj for fs2020.   Thanks

I think that means that Aerosoft didn't want to invest the resources into simulating something that is nearly statistically impossible for a pilot to experience. Since 250,000 hours is more than 28 years of constant flying, that's a tongue-in-cheek way of saying that it's realistic that it's not simulated.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 4
2 minutes ago, Aplato said:

I think that means that Aerosoft didn't want to invest the resources into simulating something that is nearly statistically impossible for a pilot to experience. Since 250,000 hours is more than 28 years of constant flying, that's a tongue-in-cheek way of saying that it's realistic that it's not simulated.

AH thank you :)

• Deputy Sheriffs

Few screenshots from a flight in nice spring weather from Munich to Cologne in nice Spring weather testing the latest additions from Hans and Alexander.

FlightSimulator_2021-02-24_15-29-02.png

FlightSimulator_2021-02-24_15-44-12.png

FlightSimulator_2021-02-24_15-54-37.png

• Like 9
  • Upvote 1
  • Root Admin
1 minute ago, Andrew Sullman said:

I was just reading the https://twinfinite.net/2021/02/microsoft-flight-simulator-crj-interview/  article.  This caught my eye Try to find how often a CRJ pilot had to use the APU fire fighting features. If you do not get an APU fire in the first 250.000 hours of using our products we’ll refund you. so wonder if that means random failures are built in.   does that mean random failures are implemented in the crj for fs2020.   Thanks

No it means in fact the opposite. We honestly do not care a lot about things that pilots train for in simulators. We do not make a simulator of a simulator. We base out products on what a pilot encounters every single flight. Not what might happen once in his whole career.  

So a failure that happens once every million hours (dual engine out) or a APU fire (as far as we know never happened) simply is not important in our eyes. Pilots handle sick passengers, drunk passengers, blocked toilets, etc etc  regularly, that is why they they abort flights.  Engine failures are something they might see once or twice in a career. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 5
2 minutes ago, Mathijs Kok said:

So a failure that happens once every million hours (dual engine out) or a APU fire (as far as we know never happened) simply is not important in our eyes. Pilots handle sick passengers, drunk passengers, blocked toilets, etc etc  regularly, that is why they they abort flights.

Well luckily for us smell-o-vision isn't quite widely available, or good, yet... :P 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1
16 minutes ago, Aplato said:

I saw it as a challenge.  250,000 hours eh? Challenge accepted.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1
2 minutes ago, dsmart said:

I saw it as a challenge.  250,000 hours eh? Challenge accepted.

That will certainly be a difficult one lol, but best of luck. :)

Will the CRJ support VR in MSFS 2020?

It's well documented that some payware planes experience double mouse vision in VR so I am hoping that's not the case here.

I only fly in VR so the answer to this question determines if I buy or not.

• Downvote 4