• Root Admin
7 minutes ago, Jersey1985 said:

I was expecting £70-80 for the base model.... and would have snapped it up in an instant. Great pricing to hit mass market. I guess its always difficult to balance high price and lower customer base, with low price and higher customer base!

It is indeed, certainly on a new platform with 75% new customers. For many people a DLC of 40 euro is something totally new.

• Upvote 3
  • Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I will add my support to Mathijs sentiment here.  One of the things we constantly try to snuff out is this popular meme that developers are all in competition with one another like newspaper barkers o

My sincerest apologies for this situation - it was a couple members of our team who exercised rather poor judgement, and they have been spoken to. I assure you this won't happen again. We have the hig

Your wish, our command.    

Posted Images

26 minutes ago, Mathijs Kok said:

It is indeed, certainly on a new platform with 75% new customers. For many people a DLC of 40 euro is something totally new.

Yep, I’m one of those new customers as this simulator is my first flight simulator. I roughly knew how things would be priced based on what I saw about planes in previous sims. To me, the pricing of 40 euros seems perfect for the quality plane we are getting. 

• Like 1
1 minute ago, WinterHuntsman said:

Yep, I’m one of those new customers as this simulator is my first flight simulator. I roughly knew how things would be priced based on what I saw about planes in previous sims. To me, the pricing of 40 euros seems perfect for the quality plane we are getting. 

I feel lots of new simmers are going to be shocked at PMDG pricing then!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 5
vor 13 Minuten, Jersey1985 sagte:

haha indeed, When I heard they wanted to sell the 737 for 140$ I could only laugh. Im very very happy with the Crjs price, gonna buy both packs

• Like 1
19 minutes ago, Jersey1985 said:

That was a given. They have a long time to assess the market, so we'll see if they'll adjust or will remain set on their usual pricing.

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, Pickafivestring said:

So basically $50 USD for the base aircraft.  That's exactly what I was expecting.  Definitely a first day purchase for me, and it will actually be my first ever purchase from Aerosoft.

I half-expect some first-timer gaming journalist that has never touched a flight simulator publishing a post in shock about a $50 DLC. PC Gamer is first on my list for candidates 😂

• Like 1

I tried the search but didn't find anything, so I will try here. Can you say something about the icing model with the CRJ. I think the model in the sim is a great idea but obviously still has a way to go. Do we have the same icing model on the CRJ? 

I am looking forward to flying this (Canadian) aircraft. I hope that there will be an Air Canada livery. I was actually an early stage beta tester for the first FSX version of this plane but by the time it was finally released, I had converted to X-Plane so I never actually purchased it. But I will definitely buy this version.

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, John2 said:

I am looking forward to flying this (Canadian) aircraft. I hope that there will be an Air Canada livery. I was actually an early stage beta tester for the first FSX version of this plane but by the time it was finally released, I had converted to X-Plane so I never actually purchased it. But I will definitely buy this version.

I hate to be that dude, but actually, it's a Japanese aircraft now. 😂

• Like 1
vor 4 Minuten, Mathijs Kok sagte:

550/700 first. 

After that Stefan needs a few weeks off because he has been working 14/7 for weeks.  I push people hard but if they threaten to kill me I back off.

will the 550/700 variants be released this year?

• Root Admin
13 minutes ago, Abriael said:

I can offer the insight of a gaming journalist who has served "normal players" for 20 years now. 

While I personally think having a modeled copilot is a nice idea, and I certainly wouldn't be against it (but I would not consider it a priority) I can tell you with zero doubts that the number of "normal players" outside of core simmers who would even notice that the copilot is not modeled is likely absolutely negligible. I would be surprised to hear that many outside of aviation enthusiasts even actively think about the fact that aircraft are flown by two people. 

That being said, I'd at least make the modeled copilot optional, so that people who don't care can remove him and get some more performance out of the sim. I know a lot of people who have tweaked their settings very finely to get around 30 fps, and a detailed human model in the cockpit might upset that.

PS: Guenter looks pretty nice :D

Abriael, Anne posted this in the wrong chat because I send her the wrong link. Would you be so kind as to comment again here: 

>

I’m just really excited for the CRJ. All my flights so far have been short flights between regional airports, which is perfect for the CRJ it seems. While big planes are neat, I don’t have the time weekly to fly long distances. I foresee this CRJ becoming the aircraft I fly the most. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Mathijs Kok changed the title to Aerosoft Aircraft: CRJ