• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Dear friends, we are really sorry this message is released later then we hoped.   We are excited to announce that the Aerosoft CRJ 550/700 for the Microsoft Flight Simulator will be released

I will add my support to Mathijs sentiment here.  One of the things we constantly try to snuff out is this popular meme that developers are all in competition with one another like newspaper barkers o

My sincerest apologies for this situation - it was a couple members of our team who exercised rather poor judgement, and they have been spoken to. I assure you this won't happen again. We have the hig

Posted Images

46 minutes ago, BritishAvgeek said:

What I'm really looking forward to:

- a new high detail aircraft for MSFS

- a different flight dynamic with no autothrottle, quirks relating to thrust/pitch during takeoff and final approach 

- new virtual airline routes opening up to me thanks to the CRJ700

- new (currently for me, undiscovered) regional destinations to spring into life on VATSIM

- getting my head into the manuals to learn it as best as I can

- choosing my first few CRJ flights/streams!

And everything else in between! 

Love your videos , hopefully you got a media release copy!

6 minutes ago, mangoo said:

My guess it will February  25th. same time with msfs third party update .

Well, maybe there they say the release date but they won't release it that day, as they said they will release it one week after youtubers get their copy.

4 hours ago, Mathijs Kok said:

It has changed. Not because of the files, we are ready. Honestly, not long now. 

Believe me, more frustrating for us then for you. 

But again, with every day new small things are sorted. for example yesterday Hans added functional volume control for VHF1 (COM1), VHF2 (COM2), ADF1, NAV1 and NAV2 radios (via Captain's Audio Panel). That's pretty cool.

And will we be able to sync that with vpilot so we can ajust COM1 or COM2 volume? So we don't have to go anymore to volume mix of windows to ajust the volume.

1 minute ago, Swagbasket said:

Is the md-11 coming to MSFS? Also mega hype for 787!

These both would be sweeeeeet...but I'm probably (unless something surprises me like the QW787 or the new Airbuses are out earlier), going to fly the CRJ until PMDG brings the Boeings.

• Deputy Sheriffs
4 hours ago, Jetjockey10 said:

Any plans for a more indepth training video of the EFB than just the Come Fly With Me part of the Flight Tutorial?

4 hours ago, Mathijs Kok said:

Well I will ask his TheDude to reply.

The EFB is actually very self explanatory. Although Hans modeled it after a Surface Pro the AeroOS is even more user friendly than anything Apple has to offer. (after you have adjusted to Hans's sense of logic concerning labeling. If you want to close a door you have to push a label that says open) 🤪

After I finish the flight tutorial I will also be making a video about the EFB though.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

If anyone ever has absolutely nothing else to do and wants to fly real world, long, flights in the CRJ, before the virus, Air Canada would operate CYVR-KDFW and CYVR- KSFO. Hate to say it...but I have actually flown the DFW route in sim and...it’s definitely only for the craziest of Avgeeks.

• Like 2
  • Deputy Sheriffs
5 minutes ago, Ccurrie5 said:

Air Canada would operate CYVR-KDFW and CYVR- KSFO

You should try landing on the taxiway in SFO next ;)

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1
11 minutes ago, Ccurrie5 said:

If anyone ever has absolutely nothing else to do and wants to fly real world, long, flights in the CRJ, before the virus, Air Canada would operate CYVR-KDFW and CYVR- KSFO. Hate to say it...but I have actually flown the DFW route in sim and...it’s definitely only for the craziest of Avgeeks.

Funny I have been trying to figure out tonight if I can get a CRJ from westcoastish to KMDW.... figured out I can't. Although I could. However, get a CRJ1000 KORD (Midway is too short fully-loaded)

• Deputy Sheriffs
16 minutes ago, Ccurrie5 said:

KDF definitely is long one. I remember that Scandinavian flew route from Århus to Nice with CRJ900. That's about the same as CYVR to KSFO with 2,5 hours. One of the longer ones I know in Europe.

27 minutes ago, Ccurrie5 said:

Gonna add that to my list of marathon routes that I have to fly (some fictional), now I have:

• CYVR - KDFW
  • CYVR - KSFO
  • KJFK - KSEA (With the necessary stops in-between, already flown direct in the 320n)
  • CYYZ - CYVR (With the necessary stops in-between)
  • KMIA - PANC (With as many stops as I need)

Ideally I'd like to do each in one session with turnarounds and likely with the cr9. Still searching for way more marathon routes. Already have a plethora of real world and fictional normal length flights to do.

Edit: Århus to Nice sounds pretty good, added.

• Like 1
11 minutes ago, The Dude said:

I got told off by the FAA last time i'm did that ;) 

3 minutes ago, Secondator said:

KDF definitely is long one. I remember that Scandinavian flew route from Århus to Nice with CRJ900. That's about the same as CYVR to KSFO with 2,5 hours. One of the longer ones I know in Europe.

I have United Express's/Skywest's KDEN-KBUR and KDEN-KSBA planned which are longer flights for the CRJ

• Like 1
5 hours ago, Mathijs Kok said:

See, with this slight delay, Hans, Stefan and the others are just going down the list of open issues and requests in our rather large project management system.  Those things were planned to be done after release and to be included with the first Service Packs, but now they are in.

Rather high on that list was tweakable cabin lighting because no matter how bright or dim it was, always some people believed we had to totally wrong. So tada:

picturemessage_5uele1p0.zdz.png

If you are still making feature changes I guess we are still a couple of weeks from a release. It is hard to resist making those last few tweaks I know. I can remember Hans making late changes with the initial FSX release of this plane.

John

I would be a very happy camper if an Air Canada livery was included on release, although Air Canada doesn't currently fly the 700. To me it's the best looking livery on the CRJ (only slightly biased being that I'm a Canadian). I mean please pardon my language but it is damn sexy. 

If the great folks at Aerosoft don't make it happen, I'm sure a hero out there will have one created shortly after release! 

I am absolutely PUMPED!

Cheers, happy Tuesday to all you beauties.

Screen Shot 2021-02-23 at 2.47.45 PM.png

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2
7 minutes ago, bluemoon51 said:

I think American Eagle fly CRJ's from KSBA to KDFW that must be right on the limit of what it can do

Found a longer one! 😲

27B8FC6E-BEF6-4527-AF85-F8ADC81D415C.jpeg

And AA3092 will hit 3 hours on the timer when landing too!

• Like 1
2 hours ago, BritishAvgeek said:

What I'm really looking forward to:

- a new high detail aircraft for MSFS

- a different flight dynamic with no autothrottle, quirks relating to thrust/pitch during takeoff and final approach 

- new virtual airline routes opening up to me thanks to the CRJ700

- new (currently for me, undiscovered) regional destinations to spring into life on VATSIM

- getting my head into the manuals to learn it as best as I can

- choosing my first few CRJ flights/streams!

And everything else in between! 

You and me both! Amen!

38 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Well that's a bit of a cheap shot and it was only a low approach. We didn't actually land on the taxiway. 😊

• Like 2

For anyone looking for a scenic route with the CRJ, you should fly to Kalispell, Missoula, or Bozeman Montana. (GPI, MSO, BZN)

You can fly from MSP, SLC, or DEN.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
1 hour ago, The Dude said:

The EFB is actually very self explanatory. Although Hans modeled it after a Surface Pro the AeroOS is even more user friendly than anything Apple has to offer. (after you have adjusted to Hans's sense of logic concerning labeling. If you want to close a door you have to push a label that says open) 🤪

After I finish the flight tutorial I will also be making a video about the EFB though.

Excellent.  Thanks for the quick and positive reply.  Looking forward to getting into the details.

Ray