3 minutes ago, Mathijs Kok said:

See, with this slight delay, Hans, Stefan and the others are just going down the list of open issues and requests in our rather large project management system.  Those things were planned to be done after release and to be included with the first Service Packs, but now they are in.

Rather high on that list was tweakable cabin lighting because no matter how bright or dim it was, always some people believed we had to totally wrong. So tada:

picturemessage_5uele1p0.zdz.png

The level of detail and options in that EFB is astounding! I may have only limited knowledge of what most of it does, but with how detailed it is, I’m going to happily learn every little bit of it I can.

• Like 1
  • Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I will add my support to Mathijs sentiment here.  One of the things we constantly try to snuff out is this popular meme that developers are all in competition with one another like newspaper barkers o

My sincerest apologies for this situation - it was a couple members of our team who exercised rather poor judgement, and they have been spoken to. I assure you this won't happen again. We have the hig

Your wish, our command.    

Posted Images

4 minutes ago, Mathijs Kok said:

See, with this slight delay, Hans, Stefan and the others are just going down the list of open issues and requests in our rather large project management system.  Those things were planned to be done after release and to be included with the first Service Packs, but now they are in.

Rather high on that list was tweakable cabin lighting because no matter how bright or dim it was, always some people believed we had to totally wrong. So tada:

picturemessage_5uele1p0.zdz.png

I feel like MSFS has allowed developers to step up their games? Like the amount of animation in Jo's Bonaire I haven't seen before

Also it'll be good to open all the aircraft doors, especially when GSX is out

• Like 2
2 minutes ago, EasternT3 said:

I feel like MSFS has allowed developers to step up their games? Like the amount of animation in Jo's Bonaire I haven't seen before

Also it'll be good to open all the aircraft doors, especially when GSX is out

Thats a really good point I hadn't even considered that! it will look quite silly passengers walking through the side of the planes to get in!

• Like 1
Just now, bluemoon51 said:

Can I ask will you be releasing FS2Crew at the same time as the CRJ is released or is that something beyond your control?

Probably out of Aerosoft's control, I asked Bryan over on Avsim a while back and he was unsure. I know they have several projects for msfs on the go

7 minutes ago, EasternT3 said:

I feel like Jo is literally breaking new ground every time he makes an airport. I believe he also was the first to implement a working VDGS, and many other developers still haven't even tried with that.

• Like 2
3 minutes ago, bluemoon51 said:

Thats a really good point I hadn't even considered that! it will look quite silly passengers walking through the side of the planes to get in!

It's not too bad connected to a jetway but on a remote stand it gives the illusion of carrying a plane load of Houdini's that can teleport 😜 

3 minutes ago, EasternT3 said:

I don't think so. I believe it is really that devs like Jo are learning to use the engine better (and certainly more efficient).  But Jo is a bloody miracle worker. 

Aerosoft Airport Bonaire

Can you believe this is what our sim looks like this moment? And almost all of these people you see here actually are animated. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 4
Just now, Mathijs Kok said:

I don't think so. I believe it is really that devs like Jo are learning to use the engine better (and certainly more efficient).  But Jo is a bloody miracle worker. 

Aerosoft Airport Bonaire

Can you believe this is what our sim looks like this moment? And almost all of these people you see here actually are animated. 

nahh dog thats totally a real picture wtfffffffff

1 minute ago, Mathijs Kok said:

Either way it's great for the future of flight simulation

1 minute ago, Zyonix007 said:

nahh dog thats totally a real picture wtfffffffff

Yeah, I thought it was real, too!

@Mathijs Kok Is the SDK intended to be a working document in that it will always be added to?  Developers are learning to use the tools better, but will it reach a point where Jo, for example, could think of something really cool and Asobo will write the code and program the sim to incorporate it?  Just curious, this stuff is really interesting.

10 minutes ago, Jetjockey10 said:

Mathijs and Dude,

Any plans for a more indepth training video of the EFB than just the Come Fly With Me part of the Flight Tutorial? Is there more information out there to read about it?

Regards,

Ray

Well I will ask his TheDude to reply.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3
19 minutes ago, JayViation said:

@Mathijs Kok Is the SDK intended to be a working document in that it will always be added to?  Developers are learning to use the tools better, but will it reach a point where Jo, for example, could think of something really cool and Asobo will write the code and program the sim to incorporate it?  Just curious, this stuff is really interesting.

Well it is a bit more complex, but Asobo (and Microsoft!) is extremely responsive to what we suggest. I have met many off the people Asobo has in Bordeaux and they share one thing. They love the sim. They will always listen. 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Hi Mathijs, I have a question about saving the game mid-flight. As a parent with young kids I can get pulled away from even a short flight twenty minutes in and not be able to resume it until the next evening (ie too long to keep the game paused). I've been flying the Working Title CJ4 mod a lot in anticipation of the CRJ and while I've absolutely loved what they've done, the inability to save the state of the FMS has been frustrating. Even some cockpit knobs and switches aren't restored when I attempt to load a flight. However, this limitation is clearly stated in their guide and, being freeware, I can't complain.

My question is, will I be able to seemlessly save and load flights with the CRJ (using the built-in .FLT file mechanism)? Thanks!

• Upvote 2
11 minutes ago, ravenleg said:

Hi Mathijs, I have a question about saving the game mid-flight. As a parent with young kids I can get pulled away from even a short flight twenty minutes in and not be able to resume it until the next evening (ie too long to keep the game paused). I've been flying the Working Title CJ4 mod a lot in anticipation of the CRJ and while I've absolutely loved what they've done, the inability to save the state of the FMS has been frustrating. Even some cockpit knobs and switches aren't restored when I attempt to load a flight. However, this limitation is clearly stated in their guide and, being freeware, I can't complain.

My question is, will I be able to seemlessly save and load flights with the CRJ (using the built-in .FLT file mechanism)? Thanks!

Very hard to answer. But yes certainly that is the plan. 

• Like 2
vor 13 Minuten, EightBitGoose sagte:

Would we be able to get a list of the liveries? 

I guess he wasnt able to give one out so far since they have or are working on some until now but since the delta apparently was one of the final ones maybe we will get an update on that soon?

vor 7 Minuten, frankfurt100 sagte:

@Mathijs Kok
The release has been postponed, but is the new date still within the first quarter?

yes the delay is not even about weeks just days, they still have more than a month technically

(Im still going with march 3rd as best things always come out the day I have exams. Mathijs denied it initially but nature law is nature law and now its postponed a couple days ;))

• Like 3