10 minutes ago, slippingwithflapsin said:

CRJ is my #1 hype currently. After that I'm loyal until someone announces they're making an MD80/MD90. I love that airplane.

Leonardo has already announced their’s will come to MSFS.  Even shown the cockpit in sim already.

• Like 2
  • Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I will add my support to Mathijs sentiment here.  One of the things we constantly try to snuff out is this popular meme that developers are all in competition with one another like newspaper barkers o

My sincerest apologies for this situation - it was a couple members of our team who exercised rather poor judgement, and they have been spoken to. I assure you this won't happen again. We have the hig

Your wish, our command.    

Posted Images

7 minutes ago, EightBitGoose said:

Only problem with having lots of having lots of planes is having to remember the procedures for them all :) 

Very true, small price to pay for being able to purchase when they come out so not several at the same time. Probably going to end up rotating through the hanger every few weeks or months.

In the long run, it'll be beneficial in a way. If one isn't working well, skip it and by the time you're back it's likely to be updated.

1 minute ago, Jaden Cuffy said:

Very true, small price to pay for being able to purchase when they come out so not several at the same time. probably going to end up rotating every few weeks or months.

These days I don't fly a lot, but it is really something I feel strong about. A lot of simmers collect many aircraft and never really learn to fly one truly.  I think the only aircraft I san say I know all the ins and outs (in FS) for is the Catalina (and perhaps the Twin Otter). I have flown those for thousands of hours.

• Like 5
6 minutes ago, Martin Pampiermole said:

Should I send my wife away this weekend?

No. Before you see it featuring on some websites and with some YouTubers I would stay a good husband. The deal we have with our friends online is important. They have been supporting us for many many years. So very simple, we have not yet made any release date public.

• Like 10
  • Upvote 3
8 minutes ago, Mathijs Kok said:

No absolutely not. days, not weeks. 

As we understood that many people would like a wing view (personally I never understood that), Stefan worked on that with the extra time we had. It's all not super detailed because we do not want to let it eat to much polygons and memory (there are a LOT of windows after all) but we think it looks pretty. It also makes the external a bit different.

CabinWindow_DOF.jpg

CabinWindow_Sharp.jpg

CabinWindow_Total.jpg

CabinWindow_Total2.jpg

That looks awesome, thanks for the work!

• Upvote 2
11 minutes ago, Mathijs Kok said:

No absolutely not. days, not weeks. 

As we understood that many people would like a wing view (personally I never understood that), Stefan worked on that with the extra time we had. It's all not super detailed because we do not want to let it eat to much polygons and memory (there are a LOT of windows after all) but we think it looks pretty. It also makes the external a bit different.

CabinWindow_DOF.jpg

CabinWindow_Sharp.jpg

CabinWindow_Total.jpg

CabinWindow_Total2.jpg

Just for clarity, you mean the release date has been delayed by days, not weeks, not that it's days away, correct?

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1
22 minutes ago, Mathijs Kok said:

These days I don't fly a lot, but it is really something I feel strong about. A lot of simmers collect many aircraft and never really learn to fly one truly.  I think the only aircraft I san say I know all the ins and outs (in FS) for is the Catalina (and perhaps the Twin Otter). I have flown those for thousands of hours.

Before my hiatus from simming in 2017/18, in P3D (and FSX) I had the Aerosoft A318-321, PMDGs 737 (600-900), 747-400, 777 (200 and 300ER) the JS41 (I have strong connections with the largest operator of the 41), the Twin Otter, QW146/757, Captain Sims and quite a few others, my most used aircraft was the 737 and I must have got 1000-2000 hours on it, back when I was at school and single etc. I probably know the flows for all the aircraft but the 737 is the only one I feel like I know inside out. However I love flight sim due to the fact I can do things I can't with my PPL, the ability of picking a different aircraft for any airline and flying their routes, it's freedom especially at a time like this when it's impossible to leave home (the UK has been it pretty much total lockdown for a year)

1 minute ago, Mathijs Kok said:

Correct. 

I would say we're probably looking at next week or the w/c the 7th

2 minutes ago, EasternT3 said:

it's freedom especially at a time like this when it's impossible to leave home (the UK has been it pretty much total lockdown for a year)

This.

Jorg at Microsoft told a story in an interview a few months ago about using the sim to fly over his hometown and get a sort of virtual connection with his family since he couldn't travel there in person.  I think many people feel the same way.

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, Zyonix007 said:

Man.. i just want the paintkit early so i can make a livery for my VA 

Mmmm, let me try that.

Update.... I asked Stefan and it is not possible right now. As so much is now part of the 3D model making the paint kit really has to be done as late as possible to avoid model updates messing up liveries. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2
1 minute ago, Mathijs Kok said:

See, with this slight delay, Hans, Stefan and the others are just going down the list of open issues and requests in our rather large project management system.  Those things were planned to be done after release and to be included with the first Service Packs, but now they are in.

Rather high on that list was tweakable cabin lighting because no matter how bright or dim it was, always some people believed we had to totally wrong. So tada:

picturemessage_5uele1p0.zdz.png

Very nice.  Are they LED's?