vor 8 Minuten, MisterPaddo sagte:

Maybe not entirely on topic, but I've always just loaded flight plans in from onlineflightplanner.org to my planes. This will be the first plane where I am going to use the FMS like I'm supposed to, but I wonder where I can find charts etc. with the waypoints, SID and STARS for the flightplan. What do you guys use / recommend? 

In many cases you can find charts by searching Airport + charts on google. So for example EDDH charts. Be aware that the charts might be old and outdated. 
If you have a Vatsim account, you can use Chartfox. It’s a free service which is basically searching online in the national AIPs for the latest charts. It works quite well and normally you get the latest charts. The downside is, that the charts are not in common format, because each country is publishing the charts in their own format. 
The most professional solution would be Navigraph (and I think also NavDataPro, which is an Aerosoft service) It is a subscription service and you will get the latest AIRAC cycles for your FMC and have access to the latest charts. Navigraph is using  Jeppsen Charts and Aerosoft Lido. So you have to choose which is more suitable for you. 

• Like 1
  • Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Dear friends, we are really sorry this message is released later then we hoped.   We are excited to announce that the Aerosoft CRJ 550/700 for the Microsoft Flight Simulator will be released

I will add my support to Mathijs sentiment here.  One of the things we constantly try to snuff out is this popular meme that developers are all in competition with one another like newspaper barkers o

My sincerest apologies for this situation - it was a couple members of our team who exercised rather poor judgement, and they have been spoken to. I assure you this won't happen again. We have the hig

Posted Images

I have used Navigraph for a number of years and definitely recommend it as a solution for both AIRAC cycles and charts, I’m pretty sure NavDataPro is the same solution, for flight planning I use the SimBrief function through Volanta

21 minutes ago, MisterPaddo said:

Maybe not entirely on topic, but I've always just loaded flight plans in from onlineflightplanner.org to my planes. This will be the first plane where I am going to use the FMS like I'm supposed to, but I wonder where I can find charts etc. with the waypoints, SID and STARS for the flightplan. What do you guys use / recommend? 

Skyvactor is another option and is free, I used that alot, but now use Navigraph which also updates the navdata within MSFS so you end up with less conflicts between what you are seeing on the map and the data your FMS is working with. 

Navigraph is well worth the £9.99 or whatever it is I pay for it imo, Navigraph Charts is very nice and the Simlink is nice to have too.

The added bonus of unlocking new AIRAC cycles for SimBrief is also very welcome

• Upvote 2
  • Deputy Sheriffs
8 minutes ago, Patrick Cullen said:

I wonder what delights will be in store for us today?

From my side just a short "off the cuff" video today. Tomorrow we will continue with episode 2.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 2
  • Upvote 1
  • Deputy Sheriffs

That is the „tail bumper“, it prevents the tail of the aircraft touching the ground when taking off or landing with too high a pitch.  

In episode two I briefly discuss it, as well as other „stuff“ I did not touch on in this video. This video is mainly about antennas. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
11 hours ago, flightlevel700 said:

I have a video of a CRJ landing very firmly, and there was no visible compression, so this one really shouldn't be worried about.

It's because all CRJ pilots are super professionals. I still wonder how they manage to land the plane so smoothly, literally hovering with their wheels 5 cm from the ground and then smoothly touch. Ground the plane to the ground ("grind the plane"). Especially on CRJ-200. That in reality, when I flew himself, that watching a video of landings. And this despite the fact that the plane is dynamic. Therefore, there is no compression there, that they always plant very softly, masterfully. 

Many thanks to all real CRJ pilots. The best thing I like to do in life is to fly the CRJ-200 as a passenger.

• Deputy Sheriffs

The CR1/2 has a trailing link gear, just like the F/A-18 has for example. This takes a lot of sting out of a possible hard landing and if done correctly I will give you the best touchdown feeling possible.

Getting the flare right was always a bit tricky on the smaller CRJs. Because they have no slats you fly the approach with an -2.5 degree nose down attitude. Not, or too late, flaring would result in a „nose gear first“ touchdown. Definitely something you do not want to experience. ;)

• Like 6
39 minutes ago, The Dude said:

The CR1/2 has a trailing link gear, just like the F/A-18 has for example. This takes a lot of sting out of a possible hard landing and if done correctly I will give you the best touchdown feeling possible.

Getting the flare right was always a bit tricky on the smaller CRJs. Because they have no slats you fly the approach with an -2.5 degree nose down attitude. Not, or too late, flaring would result in a „nose gear first“ touchdown. Definitely something you do not want to experience. ;)

One of my CFI coworkers is a CRJ200 driver, and he mentions this sometimes. I guess when mainline people come and jumpseat on the 200, they don’t expect to be pointed directly at the runway when they bust out of the clouds on short final. Gets a few people sweating a bit 😂

• Like 2
1 minute ago, Mathijs Kok said:

Okay okay, we'll admit. The CRJ has wing flex. But not the 'floppy' wings I see so often in other aircraft. This is pretty sophisticated stuff with it's own controller. Only that way could we get the 10 Hz 'vibrations' of the short wings. Very noticeable on the ground. We believe it is damned cool because it is not done as a gimmick but really as realistic as possible. 

He has spoken!

• Like 2
2 minutes ago, Mathijs Kok said:

Okay okay, we'll admit. The CRJ has wing flex. But not the 'floppy' wings I see so often in other aircraft. This is pretty sophisticated stuff with it's own controller. Only that way could we get the 10 Hz 'vibrations' of the short wings. Very noticeable on the ground. We believe it is damned cool because it is not done as a gimmick but really as realistic as possible. 

I think we need to update the first post as a FAQ now... so we can just direct people to that. And of course it can be update as new info is announced (wing flex!)

5 minutes ago, Mathijs Kok said:

It sounds cool, can't wait to see it

6 minutes ago, Mathijs Kok said:

Great. And hopefully, this will be the end of the endless wingflex discussions.

• Like 5
39 minutes ago, Mathijs Kok said:

I knew I wasn't just seeing things 😎

• Like 1
3 hours ago, NilsRvC said:

Do we know anything about a working TCAS? For example, does it work with networks like VATSIM and IVAO?

It works, Mathijs confirmed it in another CRJ thread

• Like 1