Jump to content

Aerosoft Aircraft: CRJ


Hans Hartmann
 Share

Recommended Posts

8 minutes ago, Zyonix007 said:

yeah well 30fps in the a320nx would be normal depending on hardware. for example i have a 3080 and i get like 50fps in the a320nx I am assuming you have a 2060 which is fine but a 2060 will only get 30FPS in the a320nx. The optimaztion is not really the issue 

I have a 1070ti but I think the issue is my cpu (i5-8400). It constantly tells me I'm limited by main thread in dev mode.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Swagbasket said:

I have a 1070ti but I think the issue is my cpu (i5-8400). It constantly tells me I'm limited by main thread in dev mode.

yeah that preformance is normal. though the a320 dev branch has a fix that gives a HUGE FPS boost if you wanna try it 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Zyonix007 said:

you guys care so much about wingflex. its not a huge deal without it. when you land you are not looking at the wing it ultimately makes no difference 

We're all just having a fun discussion while razor focused on every detail while we wait for the release.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 2/19/2021 at 4:59 PM, Mathijs Kok said:

 

We are trying that, but when the code is done in C++ (so WASM in the sim) that is very hard because the sim is running in a sandboxed environment.

To be totally honest,  we also do not see it as very urgent because real pilots also type it all in. It being a CRJ and not a 777 your flightplans are also not pages long.

If we have downloaded a CRJ compatible flight plan from simbrief; does the CRJ accept it?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

typing in flight plans on the CDU is really simple and much faster than what many expect. I'd suggest getting some practice with the FlyByWire a320 or Working Title's Citation. it becomes very natural after a little while. 

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, simon747 said:

If we have downloaded a CRJ compatible flight plan from simbrief; does the CRJ accept it?

As of what I understand, there is no importing flight plans at all, no matter how you get it, no matter what shape or form.

 

EDIT:  I may be completely wrong about this.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, flightlevel700 said:

As of what I understand, there is no importing flight plans at all, no matter how you get it, no matter what shape or form.

 

EDIT:  I may be completely wrong about this.

 

That's fine with me, one of the fun parts is programming the onboard computer.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I don't mean to promote (you can delete it if you think I shouldn't post this) but here is a video I took on board a CRJ taking off last August. I thought some of you might be interested, including maybe some people who are into the wing flex debate. It starts off kind of blurry since I had the camera against the window and it was shaking but I fixed it before rotation.

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

So now there are people that are slowing that the video and counting pixels just to see some flex?? That is weird. Now I hope there is no flex at all just to annoy some guys here. 

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 7
  • Downvote 6
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, espent said:

So now there are people that are slowing that the video and counting pixels just to see some flex?? That is weird. Now I hope there is no flex at all just to annoy some guys here. 

 

You have strange hobbies.

  • Like 3
  • Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

48 minutes ago, espent said:

So now there are people that are slowing that the video and counting pixels just to see some flex?? That is weird. Now I hope there is no flex at all just to annoy some guys here. 

People are excited for something they think may or may not be included and are keeping themselves busy while we wait.. oh no.. how could they..

  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, Zyonix007 said:

you guys care so much about wingflex. its not a huge deal without it. when you land you are not looking at the wing it ultimately makes no difference 

But it would look hella good when you play your landing back.

  • Upvote 3
  • Downvote 6
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 2/21/2021 at 11:21 PM, JayViation said:

Absolutely, but that wing wiggle is very characteristic of RJ's, so if its modelled, immersion factor +100%.  I know Aerosoft has had a hard stance on the topic, but I couldn't ignore it in those preview images.  Of course I could be wrong, but I suppose no harm in asking.  

Pilots can't see their wings wiggle from the cockpit.  I wonder how they get their immersion?

  • Like 2
  • Upvote 5
  • Downvote 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, flightlevel700 said:

As of what I understand, there is no importing flight plans at all, no matter how you get it, no matter what shape or form.

 

EDIT:  I may be completely wrong about this.

Ok, simbrief does have an output format that you can download for the Aerosoft\DA CRJ already?

 

I wonder if you can save flight plans in the FMC if you were to input them from scratch and re-use that route?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Wuper said:

It will take like 2 minutes max for a longer flight to input SID, route, and STAR. I find it fun to punch in all the waypoints + airways as well :P

A lot better than Ryanair and TUI who have to do it manually and could have 4/5 pages of fixes 😜 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Maybe not entirely on topic, but I've always just loaded flight plans in from onlineflightplanner.org to my planes. This will be the first plane where I am going to use the FMS like I'm supposed to, but I wonder where I can find charts etc. with the waypoints, SID and STARS for the flightplan. What do you guys use / recommend? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, MisterPaddo said:

Maybe not entirely on topic, but I've always just loaded flight plans in from onlineflightplanner.org to my planes. This will be the first plane where I am going to use the FMS like I'm supposed to, but I wonder where I can find charts etc. with the waypoints, SID and STARS for the flightplan. What do you guys use / recommend? 

You can plan it on SimBrief, you generate the OFP, and then you have the routing, for SID/STAR & approaches you can use chart websites like chartfox.org or just google search charts for your airport 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...