• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Dear friends, we are really sorry this message is released later then we hoped.   We are excited to announce that the Aerosoft CRJ 550/700 for the Microsoft Flight Simulator will be released

I will add my support to Mathijs sentiment here.  One of the things we constantly try to snuff out is this popular meme that developers are all in competition with one another like newspaper barkers o

My sincerest apologies for this situation - it was a couple members of our team who exercised rather poor judgement, and they have been spoken to. I assure you this won't happen again. We have the hig

Posted Images

• Root Admin
14 hours ago, Omar Al-Safi said:

sun reflects on the light glass of the nav light? 

Close... it's the sun (behind the 'camera') reflecting on the reflector of the wingtip light.  See how modeling and using the correct materials matters in MFS? if the shape  of the reflector is correct and the lightsource is placed correct, physics does the rest. 

That is a fundamental difference between MFS and all older version of the sim. X-Plane is also pretty good at that btw. As we keep saying. most simmers still do not grasp fully how different this new platform is. 

• Like 4
22 hours ago, Mathijs Kok said:

Mwahhhh yeah, but important tweaks, at least some will need to be solved. But beta testers will get flying in the next few days in earnest.

Beta group is full btw, only real pilots would be welcome. They can apply at mathijs.kok@aerosoft.com

Real pilots work by the book, you sure you dont need a noob smashing buttons and knobs and break things? ;)

• Upvote 1
15 hours ago, Mathijs Kok said:

Well, I told you we still have open issues!

But talking about external lights.  Check out this image and explain the rather weird effect. First one to explain it right gets a free CRJ.

image.png

Diffused light?

2 hours ago, Mathijs Kok said:

Close... it's the sun (behind the 'camera') reflecting on the reflector of the wingtip light.  See how modeling and using the correct materials matters in MFS? if the shape  of the reflector is correct and the lightsource is placed correct, physics does the rest. 

That is a fundamental difference between MFS and all older version of the sim. X-Plane is also pretty good at that btw. As we keep saying. most simmers still do not grasp fully how different this new platform is. 

16 hours ago, gmoreira said:

Looks as if the low sunlight is reflecting off the mirrored surface on the inside of the navlight.

Does this mean I got it? 😮

• Like 1

The hot question of the day at the MSFS forums is: “Does the CRJ simulate slats?”

Not gonna lie, the question never crossed my mind, but I guess it’s valid. Does the MSFS SDK provide the tools required to simulate the effects of slat deployment? Is it any different than simulating flap deployment?

• Upvote 1
3 minutes ago, amahran said:

The hot question of the day at the MSFS forums is: “Does the CRJ simulate slats?”

Not gonna lie, the question never crossed my mind, but I guess it’s valid. Does the MSFS SDK provide the tools required to simulate the effects of slat deployment? Is it any different than simulating flap deployment?

It's actually quite funny that it took someone else to ask here, as opposed to the one who made a big deal out of it 😂

• Like 1
  • Root Admin

Some more images. Click to see larger.

image.png

The checklist system. We will at a certain moment implement the build in MFS checklists system but it is a major pain in the neck to do at this moment.  

image.png

Here you select visible objects, aircraft states etc.

image.png

While we do not model all emergencies, there are some things that you might need to reset after messing up.

image.png

Here you set fuel, passengers and cargo and calculate the take-off speeds. Unfortunately missing is the weight and balance graphic in the center.  But as said, work in progress! Will work before release.

image.png\

Options... so many options. There is even a second page I will show tomorrow.  Many of these options are actually airline specific and we added them to make it more realistic  if you really want your CRJ to work like one from Delta or Lufthansa.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Root Admin

Stefan just send me this images of the 550. 

UNITED_001.jpg

Just look at how sharp that text on the nose is.

UNITED_002.jpg

Normally we only show the more exciting reflections, but here you see the whole airframe in shadow, without any direct light source.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 2
  • Upvote 2

Window shades down while on the ground.... literally unplayable! The air stewards wouldn't be happy ;)

Glorious images Mathijs.. really looking forward to MSFS's first real airliner!

Very quick question... is ground handling an issue? All aircraft seem to be stuck in sand when moving around the apron

The CRJ looks amazing! Even better than I thought it would when I first herd about the project. The plane has slowly become one of my favorites due to me seeing them so often as I’m right by KORD and see them fly over a lot.

Microsoft Flight Simulator is my first flight simulator and I love it so far. I can’t wait to get my hands on this plane as I fly so many short regional trips that are perfect for the plane. 
Thanks for all the work you guys have done so far, and I can’t wait to see what else you guys are able to do as time goes on.

• Like 1
vor 5 Stunden , amahran sagte:

Are you asking how it is simulated in the sim or in general?

Really hope to see this livery. It'd be perfect to fly in Japan, :D since we recently got a world update.

823457.jpg

28 minutes ago, Fynus said:

Pretty sure they are asking about the CRJ. Someone on the MSFS forums alleged the it wouldn't have a realistic flight model because slats are not supported in MSFS (it's actually the first time I hear that, so I won't vouch for the allegation, just that someone made it). 

• Upvote 1
1 hour ago, kberg said:

I have a feeling that something is just riiiiight around the corner now 😁

I have a similar feeling. My guess is 2-3 weeks out, if we were to take guesses based on what we have seen. Though I’m probably wrong as this is my first flight simulator, so I have no knowledge of how long these kinds of aircraft or any aircraft take to develop for simulators. 

• Like 2
1 hour ago, Fynus said:

This specific MSFS user is asking about if and how slats are simulated in MSFS, or in the CRJ.

As long as the end result is predictable and not absurd, I'm fine either way.

• Root Admin

Here is an image of that WB / CG graph that was missing from the image I shared yesterday. This one from the P3D version but it is the same in MFS. The keyboard icon allows you to activate your standard keyboard.

CRJ_EFB_WB.png

• Like 7
  • Upvote 2
  • Mathijs Kok changed the title to Aerosoft Aircraft: CRJ