Aerosoft Aircraft: CRJ

Hans Hartmann

Whether wing flex is modelled or not, I think this project speaks for the capability of MSFS as a platform.

Whereas on previous platforms, the cabin may have been too expensive to include, on MSFS it clearly isn't. 

On other sims, wing flex may have been too expensive to compute and animate, making it not worth it at sim scale for an RJ, but MSFS may have just allowed it.

The graphical fidelity available to aircraft creators certainly seems second-to-none. The detail in the cabin, the quality of the liveries (not to diminish the work done by Aerosoft livery creators). 

I cannot wait to see where the sim gets us this time next year. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

9 hours ago, Doc3d said:

Food for thought: nobody has said when access is provided for content creators, so there is nothing stating this hasn’t already happened but a embargo for releasing any videos. So in theory, they could be well into producing videos and releasing info rapidly when the embargo lifts. So *in theory* you could be getting bombarded tomorrow by all this, with release at the end of the week. 

by the sound of this discussion, its made to sound as if you will get told when youtubers get access, but it’s much more interesting when they have actual content, meaning they would have had access a while already 

that ought to spark some speculation, not uncommon for this forum 😁

I would love for this to be true but judging by Mathijs’s latest posts it sounds like they are still trying to finish the RC, hopefully it might go out this week.

1 hour ago, lowpolybutt said:

cannot wait to see where the sim gets us this time next year. 

I agree, I think there’s good times ahead for the flight simulation world

• Like 1

I think it's already been stated there is little  wing flex in the CRJ, and it was not being implemented in the Aerosoft CRj. Am i bothered? no. I am far more interested in all the other aspects of which it looks like Aerosoft have produced a real game changer in both complexity, and detail of their model. If you want " Study Level" wait a year or two.....

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Car147 said:

I think it's already been stated there is little  wing flex in the CRJ, and it was not being implemented in the Aerosoft CRj. Am i bothered? no. I am far more interested in all the other aspects of which it looks like Aerosoft have produced a real game changer in both complexity, and detail of their model. If you want " Study Level" wait a year or two.....

Well, it was also stated at some point that there wouldn't be a modeled passenger cabin. At this point, I'll just wait for the official feature list haha. 

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, Chris Torres said:

Hope there is a passenger briefing just like the cj4 working title for immersion.

In the screenshots from the EFB you can see a setting to enable passenger announcements so one would assume there will be something along those lines.... (Just my guess)

• Like 4

The infamous 15 pixels or whatever it was lol. I'm actually referring to TheDudes comment (which I neglected to quote). The last teasing ambiguous answer he gave, was about the cabin, couple of hours later the cabin was revealed. I'd love wingflex no matter how slight, if they've decided to include it then cool, if not also cool.

@Robert Xones Didn't quote you either 🙄

• Like 3
  • Downvote 3

15 hours ago, JayViation said:

Long time lurker, first time poster.  I've been glued to this project since page #1 and am really excited to fly it once it's released.  I've been quite torn since these images showed up on Wednesday whether to ask this, considering I'm a new poster and prefer to have a good reputation and all, and Aerosoft's stance on barely noticeable features.  But, after seeing the incredible cabin pictures this morning, here goes.

Are my eyes deceiving me, or do I see wingflex?  It's so subtle, but it's been gnawing at me.  I even brought them in to Paint to draw a few lines along the leading edges.  If not, no harm no foul, but if so, it's really nicely done.

Also, these images posted over the past 100+ pages are wallpaper quality, they're really amazing and great to get lost in while taking a break from the day job.   Thanks, and great work!

15 hours ago, The Dude said:

Nobody would ever expect AS to model that after all these years, or would they? ;)  

The project is still being developed, nothing is set in stone until you have a *recent* answer from someone who 100% knows. Take the cabin for example. I wouldn't mind if there isn't or is wingflex, but hey, I'm just glad to fly again.

• Like 2

Wow, really looking forward to the launch now.. The dude's video tutorial's are a fantastic idea and easy to follow, especially for newcomers to the aircraft and sim. Excellent job Aerosoft.

• Like 1

• Root Admin
2 minutes ago, simon747 said:

Did you guys manage to find out about using the default MS Flightsim 2020 flight planner use with the CRJ?  

They can't be imported, you will really have to do it like a real pilot does. Again, this is a commuter, not flightplans of many pages so not a real issue in our mind. Also behind this decision is that we are forced to use our own navdata database and that might now be the same database as the default sim.

• Upvote 1

50 minutes ago, Mathijs Kok said:

Also behind this decision is that we are forced to use our own navdata database and that might now be the same database as the default sim.

In previous sim versions (P3D, FSX) Aerosoft has allowed the user to choose between NavDataPro or Navigraph databases.  Are you saying this option will not be available due to simulator restrictions ?

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1