If you cannot find the message you posted we probably moved it to the correct forum section! ×

5 hours ago, vinceYHU said:

If you're a veteran of the P3D CRJ, will you be able to take to the skies with that experience or will there be a learning curve with the new platform? 

The CRJ or any plane should be able to be operated using the same SOPs in any sim :)

• Upvote 1
  • Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Dear friends, we are really sorry this message is released later then we hoped.   We are excited to announce that the Aerosoft CRJ 550/700 for the Microsoft Flight Simulator will be released

I will add my support to Mathijs sentiment here.  One of the things we constantly try to snuff out is this popular meme that developers are all in competition with one another like newspaper barkers o

My sincerest apologies for this situation - it was a couple members of our team who exercised rather poor judgement, and they have been spoken to. I assure you this won't happen again. We have the hig

Posted Images

3 hours ago, The Dude said:

Still true after 22 hours. ;)

Also do not assume that if there is an 3D cabin it would be anyway near the modeling quality of the VC, let alone be functional. AS has always stated they focus on the job of the captain on a normal SOP flight from A to B.

Besides, everybody who ever flew in an CRJ as pax knows the experience is nothing to write home about. Maybe they modeled exactly this experience. And something is better than nothing right? :)

Is one able to set a wing view if they like; not looking at the cabin, just the wings; can you see the flaps move etc?

I recall being able to it on the P3D version; however the camera\view system is different in flight simulator.  I have been able to set wing views in all the ac with flight simulator so far.

• Like 2

Just wanted to ask whether you guys at AS have found a way to disable the logbook screen from popping up after a flight. I think I speak for many when I say it is annoying and breaks immersion. It is such a small issue, but it is annoying nonetheless and I just wondering if you guys have found a way to disable it in some form, or whether we will just have to wait for Asobo to create an option to turn if off. Thanks and keep up the amazing work on the CRJ!

• Upvote 2
21 hours ago, Mathijs Kok said:

No, we are in fact pretty happy with the options MFS offers here. You;ll see. 

Thank you very much for your answer! I really hope that the dynamics and physics will really be excellent. I will be very happy.
I see an negative reaction and a "downvote" response to my mentions about the bad physics of the simulator and I don't understand why such a reaction. Either people are not real pilots and do not understand what the physics of the plane should actually be and do not see the simulator bugs, or I am mistaken. I apologize if I'm wrong. But I also take the opinion of real pilots about the default physics. And opinions are different. Many people agree with me. And my negative impression about the physics and dynamics of the simulator, I will blame on the fact that there have not yet been really good models with the correct flight dynamics.

In any case, I am very glad that real pilots confirm that the CRJ is as close to reality as possible and it will be the best plane in the simulator.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 7
  • Deputy Sheriffs
28 minutes ago, P_R_S said:

May I suggest to insert a DeEsser plugin in the audio track?

You may! This first video was done with a not so great microphone. I have upped my game now but the audio thing is still a learning by doing process for me. 

I am now experimenting with hanging towels around my computer and kill every angular surface that might bounce off waves in a bad way. ;) 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 6
54 minutes ago, Mathijs Kok said:

Your wish, our command.

Microsoft Flight Simulator Screenshot 2021.02.21 - 11.16.44.15.png

Hang on, that doesn't look accurate at all - the overhead bins look like you could actually put things in them. 😂

Cheers, guys. Now I can sit in the back on flights, where I definitely belong. 

• Like 7
51 minutes ago, Ne_zloy said:

Thank you very much for your answer! I really hope that the dynamics and physics will really be excellent. I will be very happy.
I see an negative reaction and a "downvote" response to my mentions about the bad physics of the simulator and I don't understand why such a reaction. Either people are not real pilots and do not understand what the physics of the plane should actually be and do not see the simulator bugs, or I am mistaken. I apologize if I'm wrong. But I also take the opinion of real pilots about the default physics. And opinions are different. Many people agree with me. And my negative impression about the physics and dynamics of the simulator, I will blame on the fact that there have not yet been really good models with the correct flight dynamics.

In any case, I am very glad that real pilots confirm that the CRJ is as close to reality as possible and it will be the best plane in the simulator.

For me it's more to do with people judging the sim, before it's even had its full potential showcased by devs like AS. It's only been out a few months and Asobo are still clearly learning themselves, they have the resources they need, to make this a highly accurate sim. Just give them more time to get the knowledge and people on board, to help improve the simulation aspects. I say this but AS may be abouts to prove, that the tools are already there and just need exploiting, they certainly seem to think that is the case. 

• Like 8
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1
13 minutes ago, Exile1 said:

For me it's more to do with people judging the sim, before it's even had its full potential showcased by devs like AS. It's only been out a few months and Asobo are still clearly learning themselves, they have the resources they need, to make this a highly accurate sim. Just give them more time to get the knowledge and people on board, to help improve the simulation aspects. I say this but AS may be abouts to prove, that the tools are already there and just need exploiting, they certainly seem to think that is the case. 

Got it. I am grateful for the clarifications and agree.
Hopefully the potential of the simulator hasn't really been unleashed with the help of professional aircraft designers until they have released their products. And they can use all the tools in the simulator and do it right. I am glad that in this simulator it really is possible to change everything on the fly, in the process of releasing new versions, and not as in previous versions (FSX, P3D), where only the initial physics is made and forever.
Once again I ask you to forgive me for the criticism. I really want things to improve and be good, and I don't want to be misunderstood. I just want to make sure that not all difficulties fall on the aircraft developers.

• Like 6
59 minutes ago, The Dude said:

You may! This first video was done with a not so great microphone. I have upped my game now but the audio thing is still a learning by doing process for me. 

I am now experimenting with hanging towels around my computer and kill every angular surface that might bounce off waves in a bad way. ;) 

Your first video looks great to me.  👍

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, Ne_zloy said:

Hopefully the potential of the simulator hasn't really been unleashed with the help of professional aircraft designers until they have released their products. And they can use all the tools in the simulator and do it right. I am glad that in this simulator it really is possible to change everything on the fly, in the process of releasing new versions, and not as in previous versions (FSX, P3D), where only the initial physics is made and forever.
Once again I ask you to forgive me for the criticism. I really want things to improve and be good, and I don't want to be misunderstood. I just want to make sure that not all difficulties fall on the aircraft developers.

I'd just like to make it clear I wasn't downvoting you. I totally understand your opinion and think it's reasonable, considering what we have seen from the default aircraft so far, especially compared to more mature platforms.

17 minutes ago, Ne_zloy said:

We are 6 months from the release of Microsoft Flight Simulator. 

6 months after the release of previous sims (X-Plane, Prepar3d and such) we weren't even close to getting fairly advanced aircraft like the CRJ or FlyByWire's A320NX. The sims had less features, worse SDK, plenty of flight model flaws, and absolutely awful default planes, with few third-party aircraft being no better than the fairly simple ones released so far for MSFS. We certainly didn't have even the remote perspective of potentially getting PMDG-level aircraft in another 6-8 months, and so forth.

People who criticize this sim, somehow raising previous ones as better, either weren't there when they launched or have forgotten history, which in this industry always repeats itself. Comparatively, MSFS is doing better, not worse, and improving faster. 

• Like 6
  • Upvote 7
  • Downvote 1
4 hours ago, simon747 said:

Is one able to set a wing view if they like; not looking at the cabin, just the wings; can you see the flaps move etc?

I recall being able to it on the P3D version; however the camera\view system is different in flight simulator.  I have been able to set wing views in all the ac with flight simulator so far.

2 hours ago, Mathijs Kok said:

Your wish, our command.

Microsoft Flight Simulator Screenshot 2021.02.21 - 11.16.44.15.png

Microsoft Flight Simulator Screenshot 2021.02.21 - 11.13.57.85.png

Based off these cabin photos I’m going to assume that yes, you’ll be able to freely move around the cabin and set up custom views. 

• Like 2
2 minutes ago, Ccurrie5 said:

Based off these cabin photos I’m going to assume that yes, you’ll be able to freely move around the cabin and set up custom views. 

You can actually do that in any aircraft, you just have to edit the Camera config file for that aircraft. I agree it's waaaay better and easier to have this be possible by default though. As I've understood it you have to have the entire cabin be loaded in the VC to make that happen (correct me if I'm wrong). So that's why there doesn't tend to be a full cabin in the larger aircraft, just sections for views.

• Like 1
Just now, Patrick Cullen said:

Anyone thinking we may hear some news tomorrow ? 🤞

There's always a chance for news every day. If you're asking about an announcement or release date, just wait dude.

Also, post 100! yay