24 minutes ago, Ne_zloy said:

Is it true that the aircraft has its own flight model? Haven't heard this before. Does this mean your own model like the Majestic Q400? Or is it somehow done differently?
If so, then this is very cool. Since the sim flight model is unrealistic and bad.
I would like to hear confirmation that the aircraft really has its own flight model and response to air, etc.

The Aerosoft CRJ will not have "it's own flight model" as in independent of Asobo's work. I think people are harsh on the flight dynamics anyway, they just need tweaking, Asobo have made a solid base imho.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 4
  • Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Dear friends, we are really sorry this message is released later then we hoped.   We are excited to announce that the Aerosoft CRJ 550/700 for the Microsoft Flight Simulator will be released

I will add my support to Mathijs sentiment here.  One of the things we constantly try to snuff out is this popular meme that developers are all in competition with one another like newspaper barkers o

My sincerest apologies for this situation - it was a couple members of our team who exercised rather poor judgement, and they have been spoken to. I assure you this won't happen again. We have the hig

Posted Images

19 hours ago, M4V3R1CK said:

Oh ok if so are there any plans to implement this in the future because I think many people would like to have this feature for "simple" flight planning.

I use my PFPX to build flight plans then export to P3Dv4.5 then from MSFS Load/Save flight plan go to where I saved the F/P and import it, it works great, been doing this since bought MSFS.

16 hours ago, Donka said:

I’m assuming this s probably the most anticipated aircraft release for MSFS2020. Definitely excited for the release date. 

At least most anticipated release for Q1 2021. Definitely will purchase one but I'm even more hyped to get more Airbusses.

Btw. I assume this will likely be also released on in-game store, any differences with one bought via Aerosoft (for example related to manual?). I know I would have to likely wait a week or so longer that it's added to the store but it's just so much easier to keep everything updated if I don't have too many places to check for any updates :)

13 minutes ago, exlin said:

At least most anticipated release for Q1 2021. Definitely will purchase one but I'm even more hyped to get more Airbusses.

Btw. I assume this will likely be also released on in-game store, any differences with one bought via Aerosoft (for example related to manual?). I know I would have to likely wait a week or so longer that it's added to the store but it's just so much easier to keep everything updated if I don't have too many places to check for any updates :)

The release will be "coordinated" with the MS marketplace, to what degree we don't know yet. I was originally going to wait for the marketplace version myself, for the reasons stated. Now I think I'll buy from the AS store, for the probable more frequent updates etc.  

5 minutes ago, Secondator said:

Hello from the test laboratory! Few more screenshots from various test flights that I have done the past few days to celebrate surpassing 100 pages on this thread. :)

Very nice! She really is a beauty.

• Like 1
  • Root Admin
19 hours ago, lowpolybutt said:

There's two more volumes of manuals on page 35 I believe, if you haven't also read them. I've also been flying the WT CJ4 mod. It also has no auto throttle, rear mounted engines, I believe it also has a Collins(?) FMC like the CRJ (going by photos) so that'll cut down learning time too 

Check here if you want the latest versions: https://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?/forum/1067-manual-translations/

• Upvote 2
  • Root Admin
14 hours ago, EvidencePlz said:

Will the flight model of CRJ be affected by this critical newly-discovered flight model related bug, the fix for which will be available not as a hotfix but through the next sim update 3?

Nope, not an issue for us.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Upvote 1
  • Root Admin
4 hours ago, AVFC said:

Hi Aerosoft,

Have you considered to sell the CRJ MSFS version as preorder and include the CRJ P3D version as one package?

This would allow us to get some CRJ hours logged before the final release.

No, would all be a bit complex with licenses etc. I have considered it though, 

• Root Admin
2 hours ago, Ne_zloy said:

Is it true that the aircraft has its own flight model? 

No, we are in fact pretty happy with the options MFS offers here. You;ll see. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1
19 hours ago, lowpolybutt said:

There's two more volumes of manuals on page 35 I believe, if you haven't also read them. I've also been flying the WT CJ4 mod. It also has no auto throttle, rear mounted engines, I believe it also has a Collins(?) FMC like the CRJ (going by photos) so that'll cut down learning time too 

Both Collins I believe, something like the fms3000 for cj4, then 4000 for crj - That is the extent of my very vague avionics knowledge 😂👍

• Upvote 1
1 hour ago, Mathijs Kok said:

Check here if you want the latest versions: https://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?/forum/1067-manual-translations/

Thanks! I don’t know if I say it enough but I love what you guys are doing and how great everything is. MSFS is my first sim ever and this plane will be my first 3rd party plane ever. Just the amount of care and dedication that goes into this project makes me really happy. I’m definitely hooked as a fan of Aerosoft stuff now and can’t wait to see what you guys do over the years with this sim.

Also thanks for the updated manuals. I’ll start reading them right away. The CRJ is the first plane I ever really wanted to learn how to operate entirely including using a FMC for the first time.

• Like 1

Looks great! As a former CRJ driver and instructor I’m so excited this will be the first 3rd party airliner in FS2020 and can’t wait to fly it in the sim and see how it compares to the real thing! For now all I have is the JRollon in Xplane and it is quite dated now haha.

• Like 2
  • Root Admin
22 minutes ago, WinterHuntsman said:

Thanks! I don’t know if I say it enough but I love what you guys are doing and how great everything is. MSFS is my first sim ever and this plane will be my first 3rd party plane ever. Just the amount of care and dedication that goes into this project makes me really happy. I’m definitely hooked as a fan of Aerosoft stuff now and can’t wait to see what you guys do over the years with this sim.

Also thanks for the updated manuals. I’ll start reading them right away. The CRJ is the first plane I ever really wanted to learn how to operate entirely including using a FMC for the first time.

Well you will love the 'Come Fly With Me' tutorial videos... TheDude is a fantastic teacher and as he has thousands of hours at the helm of CRJ even knows what he is talking about.  https://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?/forum/1061-come-fly-with-me-by-the-dude/

As we said, we know this will be for many people the first seriously complex aircraft, and for many even their first flight simulator. So we will do a lot to assist. 

• Like 7
  • Upvote 1
23 minutes ago, leo03000 said:

I think my first flight will be the Aerosoft tutorial flight followed by KSFO-KSNA for my virtual airlines :D

Not crazy about KSNA its quite easy to see with its layout how Harrison Ford landed on the taxiway..... I will wish you better luck than that!

• Like 3
1 minute ago, bluemoon51 said:

Not crazy about KSNA its quite easy to see with its layout how Harrison Ford landed on the taxiway..... I will wish you better luck than that!

"I'm the schmuck that landed on the taxiway" 😂

• Like 4
9 hours ago, The Dude said:

According to my calculations it would more be like the 27th of May 1999 judging by the angle of the sun and the earth rotation. ;)

Once upon a time you even got a model as a gift during those first type ratings on the CRJ700. 

7BF7811F-9B74-4CA5-9D4F-CB86C161704D.jpeg

I guess when the cost of training is in the tens of thousands USD, they can at least throw in a plastic model.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1