7 minutes ago, ArcticMarkus said:

Wait, why isn't the CRJ released? We made it to 100, that was the final step of the ritual. Did we do something wrong? 

Now we shall wait. We’re within two weeks of release im sure.

• Downvote 1
  • Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Dear friends, we are really sorry this message is released later then we hoped.   We are excited to announce that the Aerosoft CRJ 550/700 for the Microsoft Flight Simulator will be released

I will add my support to Mathijs sentiment here.  One of the things we constantly try to snuff out is this popular meme that developers are all in competition with one another like newspaper barkers o

My sincerest apologies for this situation - it was a couple members of our team who exercised rather poor judgement, and they have been spoken to. I assure you this won't happen again. We have the hig

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Capt Shark said:

Captains:

What livery and what route do you plan to fly as your inaugural flight?

If the Air Canada Express livery comes with the release, I’m thinking a CYQY-CYHZ and have that start a tour down the east coast.

Start of a new century of pages!

• Upvote 2
2 hours ago, DaveCT2003 said:

Just out of curiosity, how many of you die hard, cool cat flight simmers fly online (VATSIM, IVAO, POSCON)?

I do all my flights on vatsim

Although I don't use the default MSFS ATC myself, I wonder whether the CRJ will make full use of it, considering it currently doesn't load flight plans created from the main menu. I know the Working Title CJ4 also bypasses the main menu flight plan by default, and feeds a dumbed-down version of its flight plan back to the sim for ATC to use, since they have their own custom flight plan manager code (the default Asobo flight plan manager leaves a lot to be desired).

• Like 2

Please tell me, is a paintkit planned for this model? Or, if I understood correctly, then in FS2020 all liveries are drawn from scratch as new textures for an airplane, and this process is greatly complicated, compared to P3D(FSX). That is, now there is no paintkit, but you need to create the skin yourself on the 3D model.
Or am I misunderstanding?
What is the situation with the creation of liveries now?

• Deputy Sheriffs
1 hour ago, Ne_zloy said:

Please tell me, is a paintkit planned for this model? Or, if I understood correctly, then in FS2020 all liveries are drawn from scratch as new textures for an airplane, and this process is greatly complicated, compared to P3D(FSX). That is, now there is no paintkit, but you need to create the skin yourself on the 3D model.
Or am I misunderstanding?
What is the situation with the creation of liveries now?

Here you go. Answered 4 pages back or 20 hours ago as I write this:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2
36 minutes ago, Herman said:

Here you go. Answered 4 pages back or 20 hours ago as I write this:

Thank you very much for your answer. I beg your pardon for not seeing your answer earlier, in the future I will be more attentive.
Yes, it's a pity that the creation of liveries has become so difficult. Previously, anyone more or less proficient in Photoshop could draw a livery for an airplane, but now, due to the difficulties, it is necessary to cover the 3D model from scratch, which is much very difficult.

• Like 1
  • Deputy Sheriffs
Just now, Ne_zloy said:

Yes, it's a pity that the creation of liveries has become so difficult. Previously, anyone more or less proficient in Photoshop could draw a livery for an airplane, but now, due to the difficulties, it is necessary to cover the 3D model from scratch, which is much very difficult.

I suspect there's a lot of talented "amateur" painters (what I call non-commercial; very different than unskilled) who feel that way too. The investment in the necessary tools for now is likely prohibitive for most.

vor 8 Stunden , EvidencePlz sagte:

Will the flight model of CRJ be affected by this critical newly-discovered flight model related bug, the fix for which will be available not as a hotfix but through the next sim update 3?

Flight Dynamics Bug Details - Community / News and Announcements - Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums

Well as the CRJ comes with it's own flight model, I hope that this issue has no impact on the CRJ development and release. So I guess only aircrafts based on the Asobo flight model are impacted. But correct me if I'm wrong.

• Deputy Sheriffs

In the interest of not starting rumors by false assumptions I would like to ask everyone to not dream stuff up here. AS is very forthcoming with information and if there is a question somewhere let AS answer it please. 

Thanks. 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, M4V3R1CK said:

Well as the CRJ comes with it's own flight model, I hope that this issue has no impact on the CRJ development and release. So I guess only aircrafts based on the Asobo flight model are impacted. But correct me if I'm wrong.

By the sounds of it they’re tweaking the flight model, to accommodate for the bug. I think that was said before the changes were confirmed as a bug though.

3 hours ago, Herman said:

I suspect there's a lot of talented "amateur" painters (what I call non-commercial; very different than unskilled) who feel that way too. The investment in the necessary tools for now is likely prohibitive for most.

It definitely is a shame that it’s not as open as it’s used to be. I’m just hopeful with the amount of liveries available for the A320 we will see lots for the CRJ

12 hours ago, DaveCT2003 said:

Just out of curiosity, how many of you die hard, cool cat flight simmers fly online (VATSIM, IVAO, POSCON)?

All flights on VATSIM (with or without active ATC).

This is great fun.

42 minutes ago, Exile1 said:

By the sounds of it they’re tweaking the flight model, to accommodate for the bug. I think that was said before the changes were confirmed as a bug though.

or go for a flapless approach/landing..

Hi Aerosoft,

Have you considered to sell the CRJ MSFS version as preorder and include the CRJ P3D version as one package?

This would allow us to get some CRJ hours logged before the final release.

6 minutes ago, AVFC said:

Hi Aerosoft,

Have you considered to sell the CRJ MSFS version as preorder and include the CRJ P3D version as one package?

This would allow us to get some CRJ hours logged before the final release.

I would think that would cause issues with people that might already own the P3D version and aren't able to get the MSFS version without the same total cost rate

1 hour ago, AVFC said:

or go for a flapless approach/landing..

Or use the work around form Asobo. Doesn't really bother me for the time being, I'm a floaty boi when it comes to landings anyway. 

• Upvote 2
  • Deputy Sheriffs

According to my calculations it would more be like the 27th of May 1999 judging by the angle of the sun and the earth rotation. ;)

Once upon a time you even got a model as a gift during those first type ratings on the CRJ700. 

7BF7811F-9B74-4CA5-9D4F-CB86C161704D.jpeg

• Like 4
  • Upvote 2
4 hours ago, M4V3R1CK said:

Well as the CRJ comes with it's own flight model, I hope that this issue has no impact on the CRJ development and release. So I guess only aircrafts based on the Asobo flight model are impacted. But correct me if I'm wrong.

Is it true that the aircraft has its own flight model? Haven't heard this before. Does this mean your own model like the Majestic Q400? Or is it somehow done differently?
If so, then this is very cool. Since the sim flight model is unrealistic and bad.
I would like to hear confirmation that the aircraft really has its own flight model and response to air, etc.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2